Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Quartre (4; Four)

Recap;

She jerked away involuntarily and Malikai's ears went flat against his head, feeling hurt. He mentally shook the feeling away, and pulled her back to him gently by the scruff, laying his head on her side to keep her from pulling away. Kenzie sighed, too tired and weak to argue and laid down, not completely relaxed, but relaxed enough to fall asleep.

The Story Begins; Third Wolf P.o.V
~ ~ ~

Malikai was the first awake. He looked up to see his father watching Kenzie.

"I heard about your adventure, last night." Malikai looked down at his paws.

"I'm sorry, Father. I should've--" His father stopped him.

"Whats to apologize for? You've made your decision. You know my opinion on Kenzie, but whats done is done. Theres no going back. All theres left to do, is for you to teach her how to be respectful, responsbile, and less... Kenzie." His father glanced at his son quickly, before continuing to watch Kenzie.

Kenzie's hind-paw twitched in her sleep. She was dreaming of running through the woods again, this time - Uninterrupted.

"Yes, Father." Malikai looked over at Kenzie, thinking about how what his father meant by teaching her to be less herself. Kenzie is just that. Kenzie. Its what I like about her, why I picked her. Why do I have to try and change the thing I love most? Malikai sighed, ears flat against his head.

"Varian, leave the poor pup alone. He's doing just fine." Malikai and his father, Varian, turned around. Malikai's mother was standing near the entrance, her beautiful white fur shimmering like it was on fire in the red, dawn sunlight.

"Mother," Malikai said.

"Shimmer," Varian said at the same time as Malikai. Shimmer walked towards the pair and sat down, watching Kenzie as well. Malikai lowered his head, respectfully as Varian nuzzled his mate's cheek with his nose. Shimmer licked the top of Malikai's head, motheringly.

"Varian, why don't you go for a walk. I want to talk to my son alone for awhile. " Shimmer's tone was sweet, yet firm. Varian nodded and glanced at Malikai sternly before walking out of the den. Shimmer stuck her tongue out childishly as he left, then grinned in a wolf-like way.

"Y'know I use to be just like Kenzie at her age. Young, Reckless. Thinking I was on top of it all." Malikai looked up at his mother, shocked. He had never known this. He had grown up thinking his parents had always been the respectful and mannerful wolves they are today. Shimmer shook her head, still grinning. "I'll never forget the day your father announced I was going to be his mate. Now, mind you, I didn't react the same way Kenzie did, but I was surprised."

Flash back - Varian's Mating Ceremony. Shimmer's p.o.v.
~ ~ ~
I was sitting in the clearing, next to the Family Den, where the lower class level wolves slept. I sat next to my mother and father, and my best friend, Moriah. Varian was standing tall on the Big Rock, looking proud and confident next to his father. His fur was shining silver in the sun, and his eyes.. Oh, his eyes were the most brilliant shade of copper.

Varian's father, now deceased, howled loudly, gaining the attention of all the wolves below him. Once all wolves were looking at them, he turned to Varian and nodded, muttered something softly in his ear, then leaped off the rock, leaving Varian alone.

"I l-Look to the st-stars above, and our f-fallen pack-m-mates to approve my decision " Varian paused for a moment, his stuttering portraying how nervous he was, despite his confident appearance. I saw him look at me, and matched his gaze. "Shimmer."

I looked at him, shock clear upon my white face. I heard gasps and praise sound arround me. Congratulating me, sneering at me, mocking me. I looked around, watching all the stares that had turned from the big rock to me. Stares of jealousy, of pride, of thoughtfulness. I turned around just as Varian stepped in front of me. He lowered his head, never losing eye-contact. He licked the top of my head and I .... I fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is kind of short, but I wanted Malikai's reaction to be the start of a different chapter, which, I'm hoping will be up by tonight, or tomorrow afternoon at the latest. (: