Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Cinq (5;Five)

Recap;
~ ~ ~

I looked around, watching all the stares that had turned from the big rock to me. Stares of jealousy, of pride, of thoughtfulness. I turned around just as Varian stepped in front of me. He lowered his head, never losing eye-contact. He licked the top of my head and I .... I fainted.
The story begins;

~ ~ ~

Malikai looked at his mother, fighting back a laugh.

"Y-you Fainted!? " He couldn't help himself as he laughed despite his effort to keep quiet. He stepped back as he laughed, accidently stepping on Kenzie's tail, who yelped and turned to glare at him. Shimmer glared at him also, for laughing at her, but then chuckled a bit, realizing how silly it sounded.

"Good Morning, Kenzie. How was your first night in the Alpha's Den? " Shimmer looked down at the she-wolf, tail wrapped neatly around her white paws. Kenzie looked up at her, surprised to see her there. She sat up slowly, watching the former Alpha Female cautiously.

"Not much of a difference... Its less crowded, which makes it colder. Thats about all." Kenzie's spiteful attitude showed involuntarily as her black tail wrapped around her paws. Shimmer and Kenzie were complete opposites, and yet fairly similiar in their own ways.

Malikai coughed, shifting the attention of the two she-wolves to him, interrupting their staring contest. Kenzie stood up and walked out of the den, glaring at him as she past his fluffy form. She stretched her legs in the morning sunlight, letting its rays soak into her black fur, warming her rather quickly. She was in the middle of a yawn when she was pounced.

"How was it? Tell me Everything! Did you guys do .. it? . Was it good? How big was it?" It was Kendall, sitting on top of her twin sister, rambling off questions Kenzie knew Kendall didn't care to know the answer to. "God I missed you so much! Its so lonely in the den without you!"

Kenzie chuckled and pushed her sister off of her, shaking the dirt out of her fur and licking her paw, swiping it across her ear.

"It was cold. No we didn't do it, thats disgusting. I dont care how big he is, I'm not screwing him." Kenzie stiffled a laugh at her sister's disappointed face.

Kendall sighed and nudged her sister forward.

"Come on. You promised we'd go hunting together today," Kendall said, all disappointment gone at hunting with her favourite companion. They walked away from the Alpha Den and into the woods, just as something stepped on Kenzie's tail, forcing her to stop. She turned around with a harsh growl and glared at her Father.

"Where are you going?" he asked, matter-of-factly. Kenzie kept glaring.

"Hunting. With my sister." She growled. Her father shook his head.

"You're the Alpha now, Kenzie. You don't hunt." Kenzie snorted.

"If I'm the Alpha, then I don't have to take orders from you," Kenzie growled. "I want to hunt. I don't care if its the right thing to do or not. I'm not letting this new 'position' take away my freedom". Kenzie pulled her tail out from under her father's paws and stalked off, following Kendall deep into the woods, passing the river and to the other side of their pack's territory. Kendall layed her tail on Kenzie's head, watching a deer. Kenzie walked behind the deer, jumping ahead a few feet, getting ahead of it, as Kendall walked in front.

The deer saw Kendall walking and lifted its head, watching her warily. It bolted away from Kendall as she neared closer, and Kendall gave chase, following it swiftly, nipping at its heels to keep it going in the way she wanted.

Kenzie was about a quarter mile away now, waiting behind a tree, she thought about the previous nights events, about the jolt through her body at Malikai's touch.

Kendall was neering the place where Kendall was hidden. Deer are so stupid, She thought. Surely the deer could smell Kenzie's scent? Its so strong here! .

Just as the deer was passing the tree Kenzie's was hiding behind, She jumped in front of it, causing the deer to slide forward, and turn around, panting. Kendall was standing behind it, growling. Kenzie took her chance and leaped onto the deers back and Kendall lept at its throat. They killed it quickly.

Kenzie and Kendall each grabbed a leg of the deer and dragged it back to the clearing. Malikai was sitting on the Big Rock, looking around anxiously. He spotted the two she-wolves and leaped down, running towards them.

"Where the hell did you go?!" he growled at Kenzie.

"Wherr the hell doesh it wook wike i went." She said through a mouthful of deer fur. Malikai looked at her, blinking.

"What?" He looked at Kendall, who shook her head and glared at him. Kenzie pulled the deer, and Kendall, towards the center off the clearing and dropped it on the ground, then turned back to glare at Malikai.

"I went hunting, with my sister," she snarled, baring her teeth at him. Malikai took a step back.

"Could you at least like, tell me when you leave so I'm not freaking out?!" he spat at her, making Kenzie snarl louder.

"You're not my boss, I don't have to tell you crap. Where I go, and When, is none of your concern." Kendall looked from Malikai to Kenzie and back again, backing away to give them space, knowing they were about to fight again.

"I know I'm not your boss, I'm not trying to control you, but you are my mate, and I do like to know you're safe." Malikai glared at her.

"Bullshit. I heard you and your dad talking this morning. You don't give a fuck what I do, as long as I'm respectful, and responsible and less myself. ." Kenzie snarled louder, taking a step towards him.

Wolves were gathering around them, watching them with wide-eyes. Shimmer stood among them, watching the pair argue. They'll have to settle their differences eventually. He's chosen her, whether she likes it or not. Theres no going back. .

Malikai growled loudly at her, jumping at her. Kenzie ducked quickly, slipping from under him before he could land her. She twisted her body and pinned him down, grabbing his scruff tightly in her jaw. He rolled over on top of her, ripping his scruff out of her mouth, leaving a bit of fur, which she promptly spat out at him. They both quickly stood up and glared at eachother, front ends lowered to the ground, ready to pounce again. Kenzie pounced first, grabbing his throat in her teeth before he could react. Being as small as she was, she was quickly, lighter on her feet, and more agile. She pinned him to the ground, teeth around his neck and held him there, putting a little more pressure which each minute. He squirmed and whined underneath her as she drew blood, staining his gray and white fur.

A pair of teeth grabbed into Kenzie's scruff and pulled her back, tossing her to the side. She landed hard on her back with an 'oof' sound. She glared at her attacker, seeing Varian standing in front of his son, facing her, and snarling defiantly. She glared back, teeth bared at him, Malikai's blood still on her mouth.

" ENOUGH. " Shimmer stood between the two, glaring at them both. "Kenzie, Den. Now. Varian, Go do...Something." Shimmer nipped at her mates hind-leg when he didn't move, making him jump. He glareld at Kenzie as he passed her, walking into the woods. Kenzie stayed where she lay on the ground, not trusting her paws to hold her up.

"Kenzie," Shimmer growled. "Now." Kenzie's ears flattened at Shimmer's tone, and she stood up, stumbling a bit and keeping her weight off her hind paw as she limped to her den. Her paw twisted under her as she landed from Varian's toss. Shimmer watched her go, seeing her stumble as she jumped onto rocks to get into the den.

Kendall started to follow her, but was stopped by Shimmer's stern "No." sounding behind her. She looked back at Shimmer, ears flat against her black head. Shimmer shook her head at her, then looked down at her son.

Malikai laid on the ground, bleeding from the bite on his neck, he looked up at his mother and tried to sit up, but Shimmer put a paw on his shoulder, holding him down.

"Mariah." Shimmer called and looked around for her puppyhood playmate. Mariah's copper coat appeared from the crowd, that was slowly diminishing. "Take care of him. I have to go talk to Kenzie." Shimmer muttered, leaving her son in the care of her best friend as she leaped onto the rock and walked back to the den. She found Kenzie laying in the far back, licking her hind paw, wincing with every touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realize that this pack isn't really what you'd expect in a real life wolf pack. I realize how real life wolves work in their packs. I do not care. If you noticed; This story is -FICTION- (: Obviously, since these wolves speak with words instead of body language. (;

Also; I tried to make a small map of the packs' territory, to hopefully make it easier for you guys..

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae213/xXBriiIsEpicXx/untitleda.jpg <-- Thats the picture(: I made it in paint so sorry if its...ameature ish..