Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Sept (7; Seven)

Recap;
Malikai just sighed and took a bite out of the deer, followed by the rest of the pack. Only then, when they could eat together like the pair they are, did Kenzie and Kendall start eating.

~ ~ ~
The Story Begins;Malikai's p.o.v.

I watched Kenzie eat, inconspiciously. I figured she'd just take a nibble and be off, but I guess her hunger got the better of her. I watched her and Kendall talk, with envy. I hated how she was so open to Kendall, but hardly spoke a kind word to me. It was unfair, she's my mate! I sighed. Wolves around me were finishing their share of the deer. I lost my appetite as I looked at Kenzie's twisted paw. My ears mentally went back and I sighed again. I started to zone out for awhile.

I don't remember much of the past few minutes, but the next thing I knew Kenzie was nudging my shoulder and the clearing was next to empty, apart from a few wolves washing at softer part of the clearing. I looked up at my mate, yawning a bit. The sun was starting to set. When I woke up, I figured it'd be another long day, but from searching for Kenzie for all that time, and then our fight, and dinner, It had gone by fairly quickly.

I looked up at Kenzie, remembering she was there and trying hard to stay focused. Her fur was turning a deep shade of reddish black in the setting sun. She was sitting down awkwardly, keeping her weight off her injured paw. She was watching me, curiously.

"Why are you just sitting here?" She asked, her head tilting sideways, just a bit. I blinked at her.

"What else is there to do?" I countered. She snorted.

"There has to be something better to do than lay in the middle of the clearing." She said, standing up and limping over to me, her eyes staring at my muzzle. My ears flattened as she lowered her head and licked me around the snout. I pulled back, whining and she growled at me.

"You had stuff on your fur, I was trying to help," She glared at me. "Sorry! I won't do that anymore, then." She stood up straight and turned around, storming off. I stood up and chased after her, catching her as she all but fell trying to jump up onto the Big Rock.

I looked over at her and licked her ear gently, catching the pained look in her eyes as she looked at her paw. She landed wrong when she fell, and me catching her or not, she landed on her paw.
~ ~ ~
Kenzie's p.o.v.

Malikai's ears went back as I tried to even out my breathing. A loud howl caught in my throat as I stumbled on the rocks, trying to get to the den. I hadn't distanced myself right and caught my jump short. Malikai had caught me and kept me from falling badly on my side, but I ended up landing on my paw instead. Stupid Varian. This never would have happened if he'd just let us finish our fight.

I growled to myself, causing Malikai to flinch backwards. I looked at him, ears flat. Even though I hated to admit, he was there whenever I needed him. I shifted myself, trying to get my paw out from under me and hissing as pain shot up my leg and into my stomach. I gridded my teeth and stood up, doing my best to ignore the burning in my leg as I stumbled. Malikai walked beside me, staying close to me.

"Try soaking your leg in the river. It'll be cold water since its so late in the fall and it'll numb it up and stop it from hurting as much." Star, the other mother in the pack, came up behind us. She sniffed my leg, looking at it. "It looks like a bad sprain. Go numb it in the river and get alot of rest. It'll be healed in no time." She looked at me, a friendly but guarded look in her eyes. I nodded, keeping my face expressionless and turned to head towards the river.

Malikai followed behind me. I smiled to myself. I was glad he was here, despite what others think. I had the feeling he was dependable, but I still wasn't happy that my life was pretty much ruined. I sighed, and Malikai looked at me, worry clouding his gaze. I gave his cheek a soft nuzzle and limped faster, wanting to get to the river before the pain got any worse. Malikai followed closely, still.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is so late. I'm having alot of issues and I'm burried under so much stress I'm seriously going into depression mode. =/ Check out my new poem? Its free-verse and means alot to me, plus, it'll explain a bit of whats going on with my life.(:

Rate/Comment/Messages, Banners? (: Thanks guyz<33