Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Huit. (8;Eight)

Recap;
Malikai followed behind me. I smiled to myself. I was glad he was here, despite what others think. I had the feeling he was dependable, but I still wasn't happy that my life was pretty much ruined. I sighed, and Malikai looked at me, worry clouding his gaze. I gave his cheek a soft nuzzle and limped faster, wanting to get to the river before the pain got any worse. Malikai followed closely, still..

~ ~ ~
The Story Begins; Third Wolf P.o.V.

Malikai, even with all legs in tact, had difficulty keeping up with Kenzie's swift pace. As she lept easily over fallen branches and trees, Malikai scrambled over them. Clouds were stretching out over the evening sky, showing hints of a storm on the coming night.

Kenzie's pace slowed as she first saw the sight of the river. It was flowing fast, the speed quickening in the chilly autumn winds. Kenzie ignored it and crept to the river's edge. She turned so her hind was facing the murky water. She slowly lowered her injured paw to the water, testing the tempature. Shivers ran down her spine as the icy cold soaked into her fur. She forced herself to hold her paw there, as the pain seared in the freezing water.

Malikai rushed to her side and nuzzled her cheek comfortingly as she shivered. The clouds had become to cry small, black tears as thunder roared over-head. The sand and dirt of the riverbank soon turned into slick mud.

The pain in Kenzie's felt began deaden and loose feeling as she held her paw longer under the water, and soon as she was sure she wouldn't feel it if it were on fire, she lifted herself out of the water, shivering as a cold wind carried dry, dead leaves over their heads.

Malikai nudged her forward with his nose, anxious to get out of the on-coming storm. As she took her first step she lost her footing in the newly soaked mud, falling flat on her face as she began to slide back into the river. Malikai stood for a moment, shocked, as she scrambled to get a hold onto to something.

Sliding fast into the flowing river, Kenzie grabbed desperately for anything. Just as her head disappeared under the mix of dark green and black, Malikai tried to grab her scruff, missing by just a hair.

"KENZIE!?" Malikai yelled over the roar of the crashing water and the thunder. Kenzie's body screamed as cold raked over her fur, soaking her and weighing her down. Her paws kicked in every which direction, trying to get her head above water and she tried to get a breath. Her feet kicked the riverbed and she shot up above the water, the storm carrying her with the river, despite how hard she kicked. Malikai ran along side of her, trying to keep up with her as she went under again.

"Mali-" she said as she popped up again. Her paw grabbed for air above the water, but her black fur blended in with the night, making it hard for Malikai to see.

Kenzie's fur snagged on a branch that was hanging over the river from a fallen trunk. She scrambled to turn around to grab a hold of it, but lost her footing on the slippery bark.

"MALIKAI!" A voice screamed downwind of him and he looked behind him to see Shimmer and Carson running towards he and Kenzie.

"Mal--" His head shot back to Kenzie's disappearing head as she bounced up and down in the water. His ears went back as he tried to figure out to do, but before he could deside he saw his mothers white pelt diving into the black ice. He stood at the edge of the river in near panic. His fur stood on end as lightning brightened the sky for just a heartbeat.

In the second lightning stroke, he saw Kenzie's pale black silhouette bobbing under and over the water. She looked as if unconscious. He looked around anxiously for his mothers snowy white fur as Carson paced around the river bank, watching his daughter, terror flooding his copper eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SOO Sorry for the wait! I've had some trouble over the past week or so and its really stressing me out. =// Leave comments and love, please? I need it. My life is so horrible right now. =/

Also; Check out my new story? Its not as epic as this one, but it still has wolves in it. (Or rather, werewolves. )

And Also; I wrote two poems, it might explain a bit of why my life is so bitter recently. (My grades of sh-- because of it =// )

Music Inspiration;; Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks.
--------------------------Stand in The Rain - Superchick.