Status: Ohhaii(: This story is UNCOMPLETED. I hope to make it AT LEAST 25 Chapters Minimum(:

Tail of the Wolves

Neuf (9;Nine)

Recap;
In the second lightning stroke, he saw Kenzie's pale black silhouette bobbing under and over the water. She looked as if unconscious. He looked around anxiously for his mothers snowy white fur as Carson paced around the river bank, watching his daughter, terror flooding his copper eyes.

~ ~ ~
Story begins; Kenzie's p.o.v.

My head bobbed up and down under the black water. I coughed and gagged as air was forced out of my lungs and liquid ice took its place.

"Mal--" I tried to yell for help when my head broke the surface, but I was forced under the black once again as a wave crashed right on top of me.

"Kenzie, hold on!" It was a different voice I heard, not Malikai's deep, husky tone. This voice was softer, like a small bell. I tried to force my eyes open enough to see who it was, but all I caught was a flash of white before I started phasing in and out of consciousness. The last thing I remembered was pain shooting at the back of my neck as I was grabbed.

~~~
Third Wolf p.o.v.

Malikai and Carson stood at the edge of the river bank, all but freaking out as they searched the dark water for any sign of Shimmer or Kenzie. After anxiously waiting, Shimmer broke the surface, dragging Kenzie by the scruff. Malikai ran towards the water, held back by Carson grabbing his tail.

Shimmer pulled Kenzie out of the water with the help of Carson, and together they pulled her deep into the woods, away from the death trap of the river. Malikai rushed quickly behind them, standing over her as soon as they layed her down.

She was unconscious, her breath labored and uneven. Even in her sleeping state she was shivering heavily, her thick black fur drenched to her skin. Malikai's ears flattened and he layed close to her, licking her fur trying to help warm her.

"Lick the other way." His mother said softly, Lowering herself and beginning to lick Kenzie's shoulder, licking the opposite way of her natural fur parting. "It'll help dry her fur faster and warm her."

"Shimmer, with all due respect, wouldn't it be better to get her out of the rain, first? Trying to dry her now would be pointless in this rain." Shimmer stood, looking at Carson thoughtfully, and then nodded, grabbing Kenzie's limp body in her jaws.

Malikai and Carson followed them swiftly, and rushed Kenzie into the den once they found the clearing. Kendall and Marcie rushed after them.

Kendall stared, eyes wide and too shocked to move. Marcie started howling, loudly, sadly. Malikai stood close to his mate, licking her repeatedly, hopefully, desperately. After a few minutes of silence, Kenzie's breathing slowed, to a near stop. Malikai whined softly in her ear, as if to wake her up, and continued licking her, roughly.

Shimmer's head hung, shaking sadly as other pack members entered the den, standing around the broken black furred wolf. All of their ears were flat and there tails tucked close. Malikai stood next to her, licking her frantically and whining softly as Marcie howled. Kendall slowly shook her head and walked towards her sister, lowering her head and nudging her softly, then again, slightly harder.

Kenzie's breathing slowed more, finally stopping moments later
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys should read the "Short Description." Some of them give you hints on the chapters its for, and some for the next ones. (: (Meaning; How this is chapter 9, the description would hint at chapter 10.)

Musical Inspiration; Deceiver - Our Last Night
-------------------------- Farmer's Daughter - Rodney Atkins (Not really inspired by it, but I'm currently addicted to it ;) )