Un Amour Comme Non Autre

Chapter 3: To Live or Die? That's the Question

I jumped up, realizing I was dreaming. But when my vision had cleared, I came to the reality that yes, I WAS dreaming, but it had all happened, last night. I was groggy, and couldn’t really move. And that’s when he walked in, Lestat, looking the same as he did last night; striking, and beautiful.

“Morning, beautiful,” he purred.

I was too scared to talk. I couldn’t find the right words to say. I just wanted to know what was happening, why I was so weak, why I was in an unfamiliar bed, and why I was still with Lestat. What was he? Almost as if reading my mind, he spoke.

“You passed out too quickly,” he said, disapprovingly. “Don’t move. You haven’t enough blood left in your system. And so I’m going to give you the choice. Would you like to join me, and live in eternity, or die, right now?”

“What?” I managed to squeak.

He rolled his eyes.

“Just choose one! Live, or die?”

“L-live…I want to live.”

He smirked, and looked down at me. He cut his wrist with that metal object on his thumb I remembered spotting earlier, and held it to my face.

“Drink.” It was an order.

“What? No! Why? That’s disgusting!” I rambled.

He sighed, and stuffed my mouth with his wrist. His blood oozed down my throat, warm and metallic, making me gag.

“Ah mon cher...I won’t be able to do everything for you,” he said, with an exaggerated sigh and a roll of his eyes. He pulled his wrist away and I began to choke.

“Now, your body will soon begin to die, which will cause extreme amounts of pain, but when it’s all over, you’ll be reborn, and you’ll feel better than ever.”

As soon as he ended, my body started to convulse. It burned, like someone set fire to my organs. I began to choke, because I couldn’t breathe in anymore. I writhed around in pain, while Lestat just looked at me. My limbs twitched, and my eyes rolled back in my head. I wanted to scream out, but couldn’t find enough energy to do so. I hated him. He fooled me with his charm, but he was a monster. He just continued to stare, until I groaned, and everything came to a stop, just as quickly as it started. I was hungry, starving even.

“Let’s get something to eat, shall we?” Lestat asked, and led me down to his dining room, arm in arm, where three servants were busy setting up the table and dusting.

“Pick your favorite,” he said, with a devilish smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! College has been so busy :/
This is sort of a filler, but, it'll get better. I promise!