Un Amour Comme Non Autre

Chapter 4: Yours, or Mine?

“Pick your favorite,” he said, with a devilish smirk.

I could feel my mouth drop open; my eyes were probably bulging out of my head. But as disgusting as his command was, I couldn’t help but feel the insane urge to drink their blood, every last one of them.

“Darling, I’m not going to wait all day.”

Day..that’s ironic..I thought to myself. We were monsters, condemned to a life of never ending darkness. The pain in my stomach suddenly pushed that thought away. I needed to feed.

“I..I like the short one, with the blonde hair..”

“Oh excellent choice mon cher! Anastasie! Catherine has something to show you.”

He led me to her, that beautiful smirk forming on his face yet again. He let go of my arm and went to another maid, no doubt wooing her into a stupid lull so he could feed. I felt a twinge of jealousy, but reminded myself that I was just being silly.

“Oui, Mademoiselle?” I was snapped out of my thoughts by Anastasie. I pitied her. She had no clue what was going to happen to her..

“Oh..uh..” I looked at Lestat. I had no clue what to do, how to feed, anything. He looked up at me, I swear he read my thoughts, and sighed.

“Just watch me, belle.”

He began kissing her, forcing himself on her, as blood started to trickle down her chin. He lifted his head back up, and, smiling at me, bit down on her neck. Her scream was blood curdling. She tried to fight him, but it was no use. He kept his mouth to her, drinking all her blood. Her movements slowed, and after a couple of minutes, she had died. He just tossed her body onto the floor, not a care in the world.

“It’s quite easy. Just do what I did. I’m going to go play with Sophie for a bit. When you’re done with Anastasie, we’ll finish off Sophie together,” he said. Smiling the whole time, his teeth and mouth and red and glossy.

I looked back at Anastasie. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was gaping. Tears were rolling down her face. She looked up at me, anger, confusion, and fear in her eyes. She silently begged me to let her be, to let her live. I muttered a simple “sorry” as I walked over, and placed my mouth on hers. It was slightly erotic, and I enjoyed kissing her. I’ve never been attracted to females, but I found feeding off of someone to be slightly sensual. It made me feel almost alive again. I bit onto her bottom lip, sucking all the blood I could. I moved down her jaw, placing tiny kisses to show my regret, and sunk my teeth into her neck. She screamed, and her muscles became tense under my grasp. I sucked everything out of her, until her fighting ceased and her body became limp. I did what Lestat did and just let her drop on the floor. I looked at her, and for once, I didn’t feel pity, I felt satisfied. I shrugged, and made my way down the corridor, to where Lestat had taken Sophie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mr. Lioncourt..this isn’t right..I’m your servant.”

“Mmm and you’re serving me now mon cher.”

I walked into the other parlor where Lestat was kissing Sophie’s neck, and she kept telling him it wasn’t right. She wasn’t trying to force him off of her though, so I think she was enjoying it. I sighed internally. Lestat was beautiful. No one could deny that. But he was also egotistic and put himself before anyone else. I couldn’t help falling for him though. Which was stupid of me, but he was so magnetic.

“Ah darling! How wonderful of you to join us. I don’t think I could’ve waited much longer.”

I smiled at him and knelt down, grabbing Sophie’s wrist and kissing it before I bit down. It was colder than the neck was, but it still tasted the same. Sophie let out an involuntary moan. Lestat just chuckled and, in one swift move, bit her neck. She screamed like the rest had, and fought against us, like the rest had, but quickly she was finished, and tossed aside.

“What will you do with the bodies?” I asked Lestat, leaning into him as he grabbed me in his arms.

“Burn them in the yard tomorrow.” This was second nature to him. He didn’t care anymore, if he had cared ever.

“Oh..alright.”

I looked up at him, our mouths still dripping blood. He bent down and licked his tongue up my chin, tasting the last remnants of blood.

“Délicieux.”

I giggled softly, and he kissed me, gently. It was so strange to see Lestat like this. A few moments ago, he had been a ravaging blood sucker killing his servants off like house flies, but now, he seemed content and happy, almost shy.

“Shall we go to bed? The sun will be up soon.”

“Oh..yes.”

I didn’t want to ask him where he slept, because even though he had a master bedroom, it looked like no one had stepped foot in it for years, let alone slept there. My hunch served me correctly. He led me into his basement, which was all made of stone. In the room, there were coffins. A small one, an average sized one, and a huge one.

“Your coffin, or mine?” he asked, a playful smirk on his lips, but lust in his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update! I'm so sorry but college has been kicking my butt. In the last 2 weeks I've had three essays, each had to be at least five pages long. But I'm back and should be for awhile. Hope you enjoy this :)