Un Amour Comme Non Autre

Chapter 5: New Dresses and New Feelings

“Your coffin, or mine?” he asked, a playful smirk on his lips, but lust in his eyes.

“Uh..” I stuttered. I sounded so childish. Lestat was far beyond my years, I was merely 22, with no experience.

“Come on, mon cher,” he said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the largest coffin. He opened the lid for me, and, laughing, realized that this is what I would have to live with. He was a gentleman, yes, but I found the circumstances to be funny.

“Merci.”

“De rien.”

I laid down inside. It wasn’t exactly comfortable, but I wasn’t going to complain. He got in after, and closed the lid. I felt his arm snake around my waist, pulling me to him. I inhaled his scent; a mixture of blood, alcohol, and, oddly enough, flowers. I found it intoxicating.

“You know mon cher, I can read your thoughts, and I’m not going to have sex with you. Why, I just met you,” he chuckled.

“Oh, well, I just assumed otherwise.”

“You really shouldn’t assume my lovely. But you should indeed feel special. I’ve never treated anyone like this. I want to take the time to get to know you. You fascinate me.”

And so we talked. I told him about my family and about Brigitte. How she must be worrying her head off because I hadn’t been home since the party, and no one knew what had happened to me. I told him how I had really loved my, now past, life, but that I found him extremely magnetic, and even though I missed things from my human life, for reasons unknown, I was happy this had happened. I wanted to be with him. He told me about his past too. How he had been turned into a vampire by someone named Magnus, about his lover Nicolas, about Armand, and even about Louis and Claudia. I could tell he loved Louis very much, but decided not to say anything. Shortly after finishing his past, he kissed me on my head, and bade me goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wake up, mon cher.”

I opened my eyes and found myself staring into the bluest eyes I’ve ever known.

“Good morning, or, should I say good night?”

“Enough with formalities Catherine,” Lestat chuckled. He leaned forward and pressed his ice cold lips to my forehead, making my stomach do little flips.

“Now, I’m very hungry, and I’d like something to satisfy it. What do you say to learning how to hunt tonight?”

“Well, I, sure. Yes, I’d love too.”

“Splendid! Great fun, it is. Ah mon cher, you’re learning from the best!”

Lestat got out of the casket and promptly pulled me out too, and swirled me around, dancing and laughing. We danced all the way up the stairs and to a room I had never been in.

“Oh, Catherine, I took the liberty of buying you new dresses, because I’m very sure that you’re tired of wearing your ball gown. No need to thank me. I hired a personal seamstress. She turned out to be very delicious, despite her personal appearance. Now, just pick out one you like and I’ll be in the parlor, pouring us some wine.”

I turned around and there before me were at least a dozen beautiful dresses, ranging from red to green to blue. I picked a gorgeous sapphire blue one, subconsciously thinking about Lestat’s eyes. It was adorned with lace and pearls. I untied the back of my ball gown and slipped into the new dress, suddenly aware of someone watching me. I turned around to the French doors.

“Lestat, I know you’re there. Stop playing games and show yourself.”

He slid out of the shadows with a playful smirk upon his face. He knew I couldn’t resist that smirk. It was one of my many weaknesses when it came to Lestat.

“So sorry, mon cher. Forgive me, but please, don’t be mad. I was once human, you know,” he said, winking at me. I laughed, and thought to myself, I could never be mad at Lestat. That was probably a bad thing, but I found myself falling for him more and more. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought I was falling in love. And maybe I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit fillerish, but the next chapter should be exciting :)
And sorry for the lack of updates :/ I've been so busy!