Don't Look Back

07

I couldn't sleep, all I can think about is how I just lied to the guys who practically saved my life. I looked over at my clock, the number read 2:37am. Not only is it early in the morning, but it was raining so hard. And when I mean hard, I mean thunder and lightning and the house was shaking a little. I rolled over on my side and looked out my window. Pitch black, nothing but the rain falling. It was then I heard my door open. Oh my god, what if Better Living was after me?! What if Derek told them about me?!

“Stephanie?” I looked up and saw Grace standing there looking scared.

“What’s wrong honey?” Then, thunder. Grace ran and jumped on my bed to my side. “Scared?”

“Can I please stay with you tonight?”

“Of course you can. Get under the covers.” We both went under and she stayed on my side. She was practically shaking.

“What did the guys want to talk to you about yesterday?”

“They just wanted to shut Kobra Kid up, so they asked me some questions.”

“Oh, okay. I was just wondering.”

“Now, may I ask you a question?”

“Sure.” She gave me one of her smiles.

“Why are you here?”

“What do you mean?”

“Why are you living with the guys? Where are your parents? If you don’t mind me asking.” She gave me a stern look and looked up at the ceiling.

“Better Living came to take me away, to work with them.”

“Wait, what-”

“Yeah. My daddy use to work for them but then quite because they stopped paying him a lot of money. When Better Living came to get me, the Killjoys came and took me away from my home before they arrived.”

“Well, where are your parents now?”

“I don’t know, I lost all contact with them when the guys came and took me away. They could be dead, but I just hope they got away too.” She smiled back at me and I smiled back.

“Well, I’m glad you’re safe here with us. I would rather you be safe then in trouble.”

“That’s why I like you a lot, not only are you a girl but you care about me. It stunk being the only girl here.”

“Well Grace-” thunder again. She jumped next to me and I hugged her. “I’ll always be here for you, no matter what.”

“Thank you.” A few moments later, we both fell asleep.

The Next Morning

“GRACE?! WHERE THE FUCK IS GRACE?!” Grace and I woke up to the yelling of Kobra Kid. We both looked at each other confused and walked outside into the kitchen.

“Mikey I’m right here-”

“OH THANK GOD.” He came over and hugged Grace. I just looked down at him, he looked so worried like he was about to cry. “Where were you?”

“I was in Steph’s bedroom.” She smiled. Mikey then got up and looked over at me.

“What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“Excuses me?”

“You heard me, what the fuck is wrong with you?!”

“OKAY. Number one, you shouldn’t be saying that in front of her, and number two, NOTHING is wrong with me. SHE came to me because she was scared, it’s not like I was trying to kidnap her!” Mikey looked over back at Grace.


“Is this true?”

“Yeah! I got scared so I went to stay with Steph. I’m sorry I scared you.” He looked back at me and then back at her.

“Alright then.”

“I’m going to go.” Grace then rushed to the back bathroom.

“Okay it’s my turn, what the FUCK is wrong with you?!” I screamed at Mikey.

“Hey there-”

“No hey there Mikey. You accused me of taking her away and I had no intention too. Why would I just get up in the middle of the night and take Grace?! That’s crazy. For your information, I may have not been here for a while but I care about her and the rest of the guys, even you; although you’re very fucking rude to me and I’m sick of it. So listen here KOBRA KID, either you get your act straight or this quote ‘problem’ between us is going to go on and on and I don’t want to fight in front of her!” I pointed to the back so he knew I was talking about Grace.

“You don’t have to tell me what the fuck to do. And it’s Kobra Kid to you hun.” He made his way to the back of the building and went to the backyard. I just sighed and sat at a table. Maybe being here isn’t such a good idea. I’m doing this for Grace though, yeah Grace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone! I've been really busy and now I have a term paper to write. So please be patient and I'll be back soon.

Thanks for reading! :)