Don't Look Back

08

After the huge ‘fight’ I had with Kobra Kid, I made myself some coffee. I sat myself at one of the tables and looked out the window. Nothing but desert. I sighed and took a sip. Ah coffee, I really do love coffee.

“Good morning Steph!” Gerard said as he stepped into the kitchen.

“Morning Gerard.” It was then he stopped dead in his tracks.

“I smell coffee.”

“Yup. Over there.” I pointed to the coffee maker and a huge smile came upon his face. “Why are you so-”

“I LOVE coffee.”

“Awesome. Take as much as you want.”

“Don’t say that.” He said as he laughed and made some for himself.

“Why not?”

“I will take all of it.” I laughed as he came and sat down next to me. “Now, I heard you and my brother talking before, is everything okay?”

“If you call still not getting along okay then yes, everything is swell.” I rolled my eyes and took another sip from my cup.

“What did he do now?”

“Grace got scared during the storm last night and came to sleep with me in my bed. Mikey got all AHH and went crazy looking for her. After she said she was with me, he went all crazy thinking I was going to take her, but why would I do that?” Gerard just shook his head and put down his cup.

“Look Steph, Grace means a lot to Mikey, I can’t explain it because we know he will tell you soon but please just be careful.”

“Why? What did Mikey go through-”

“That’s what we’re leaving up to him, you just have to wait until he tells you himself okay?” I nodded my head while Gerard went back to his bedroom. Now I was suspicious, what was Mikey hiding now? I lost my train of thought when Grace came running into the room.

“We need to make you a mask!”

“Wait what?”

“We need to make you a mask. Like what Gee has! Come on, I have everything set up!” I laughed and put my coffee away and followed Grace back to her room. She was serious, she had a mask cut out already and she had paint, crayons, markers, glue, sparkles, EVERYTHING.

“Whoa, okay there. So, how does making a mask work.”

“Choose a color.”

“Hm, red?”

“Sorry, Mikey uses red.”

“Green?”

“Frank.”

“Blue?”

“Ray.”

“Yellow?”

“Gee.”

“PURPLE?!”

“No purple, you can use purple!” She handed me purple paint and we began to paint the mask. When we were done, we put it near the window where some of the sunlight could dry the paint.

“Hey Grace?”

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course!”

“What did Mikey go through? Gerard said he went through something which is why he’s so protective of you.” She had a troubled look on her face.

“I don’t think I should tell you.”

“Why not?”

“Mikey should tell you himself.”

“Why does EVERYONE say that?”

“Because this is something very personal to him. Just wait, he’ll tell you.”

“Alright...”

“...Can you make me a grilled cheese for lunch?”

“Sure. Come on.” We went back into the kitchen and I started making both of us lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like? Sorry for the lack of updates! I had to write a term paper but I'm all done now :D

Hope you enjoyed!