Status: One of One.

Obliviate

One of One.

Hermione’s legs were aching from running as she ascended the spiral staircase to the astronomy tower, her chest was heaving as every breath felt like fire was being shoved down her throat, her breathing restricted as tears splashed down her face dripping off her chin.

She saw him, his blonde hair illuminated in the pale moonlight as he watched the starts twinkle above him. She knew he loved the stars, they fascinated him. Breathing heavily, tears still trickling, she made her way over to him.

“Hermione…” Draco mumbled as he spun on his heel, wrapping his arms around her as she began to sob into his chest. “I need to tell you something.”

“What is it?” Hermione sniffed, pulling away. Draco was still cradling her in his arms as their eyes met.

Words failed Draco as he looked down at Hermione, her brown eyes bulging in terror, her small plump lips trembling with fear, silent tears still falling down her face. Draco couldn’t, his plan was crumbling apart the more he looked at her. How could he? She meant everything to him. Hermione’s shaky fingers traced his face as he leaned against the battlements of the Astronomy Tower, his own body shaking uncontrollably as his left forearm seared with pain he had never experienced.

Draco hissed and clutched his arm as tears began to fall from his eyes, he couldn’t go through with this. Hermione looked at him in disbelief; she really was the brightest witch of her age. She took Draco’s sleeve and rolled it up ever so gently, revealing Draco bearing his ugly mark, the most feared symbol of the wizarding world, branded forever on her boyfriend’s forearm.

Drawing out her wand, Hermione cast a small fire in the centre of the tower. She pulled Draco into her arms as he let out a small cry; she slumped down onto the floor, Draco in her arms as she kissed his head softly, which was rested on her lap, tears still falling form his icy eyes.

“I-I-I don’t understand, h-h-how? Why?” Hermione stuttered, unable to fathom how he needed a sixteen year old boy to do his bidding.

“My father, his pathetic mistakes at the ministry last year, with the prophecy smashing.” Draco whispered darkly. “This is his revenge, making me work for him as a repayment.”

“That’s completely barbaric.” Hermione shuddered, caressing his hair softly.

“That’s not all; I have to kill someone…” Draco whimpered, involuntarily, “Dumbledore.”

“You can’t! You just can’t, we – we need him! If you go to him, he’ll help you and your mother! Please Draco!” Hermione pleaded as he sat up.

Draco shook his head, his face screwing up trying to prevent the sobs itching to make their way from his throat. He rose to his feet, helping Hermione to hers, her tear stained face glowing in the fire light. Even though her eyes were red and puffy she was still more beautiful than anything Draco had ever seen before, he sighed.

“I have too, Hermione. It’s not safe for you or your parents, we can’t be together. You have to forget.” Draco cried, taking a step toward her.

Draco passionately pressed his lips to hers, hot fast tears making their way down their faces as they pulled away, foreheads pressed together. Hermione couldn’t bare the thought of the past two years being erased from her memory, forever. She had never experienced a love like Draco’s; never had anyone made her feel like this.

“I have too.” He repeated, “It’s the only way you’ll survive. I love you, Hermione, more than anything.”

“Then don’t do it!” Hermione screamed as Draco raised his wand, his arms badly shaking. “No, Draco, you can’t, I - I l-l-love you!”

“I’m so sorry.” Draco whispered, “Obliviate.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramione is my otp.
love me. what did you think? :3