Status: Please read my blog: Where To Begin?

Fire That Burns but Never Dies

Ten - Epilogue

The sun had risen a half hour ago, the last of the firefighters had left and Brian looked around at the charred remains of what used to be Reese’s house and sighed. Smoke was still rising up from several spots, glowing embers still sparked with faint life. It wasn’t supposed to be like this.

“Hey, man,” Matt said as he clapped Brian on the shoulder, clearing his throat loudly.

Brian just nodded and the two stood there quietly, each lost in their own thoughts of sadness and regret while Reese watched them from what used to be the center of the house.

“Matt! Brian! Look at me! I’m right here!” Reese shouted trying to gain their attention.

A dark, low chuckle halted Reese’s cries and she slowly turned around. She took in the appearance of the dark blonde boy in front of her confusion clear on her face. He was smirking at her; his blue eyes were cold and danced with supreme satisfaction as he stared at her

“Billy? What’s going on?”

His smug smirk lifted his lips into a cruel smile. “I’ve finally got you all to myself, Reese.”

“No,” Reese shook her head. “Beau was the one, everyone said he was the one. He killed animals and hurt you…”

Billy chuckled humorlessly. “Beau was an idiot and easy to frame. After all, who would suspect a kid to behind all those awful things?” His face morphed into the perfect picture of innocence.

Reese felt sick as she realized that the story was wrong, it was the other brother all along. “Matt! Brian! Help!”

“Scream all you want, sweetheart, they can’t hear you. You’re mine now.”

“Why do you want me?”

Billy stepped forward and brushed some of Reese’s hair away from her face with warm fingers making Reese shiver, his touch scorched.

Billy circled her slowly, his eyes hungry as he traced her body. He stopped in front of her, locking his steely blue eyes on her green ones, a look of victory morphing his features into a mask of utter triumph. He’d won, she was his now. Forever.

He smiled at her once more, a cruel sign of mirth; a low chuckle fell from his lips. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. Tell me what you thought, please.