Status: Completed

Seize the Day

Seize The Day

I was sitting in my room, which is in the basement of my brother Matt's house, reading a book. It was a really really good book - I had been reading it for hours and was completely sucked into it. Just as it was at a good part-

"DAMMIT, BRIAN!!!!" I yelled, as my book was snatched from my hands.

Brian held my book up high above his head. He laughed as I tried to reach it.

"You're such an asshole!!!!" I yelled. I almost had it, but I couldn't quite get it back.

"Can you guys shut the hell up?? I'm trying to watch TV." Matt said, walking downstairs. He sighed. "Brian, give her the book back."

Brian reluctantly gave me back my book. I smiled, triumphantly.

Matt started walking back upstairs. "You guys need to stop fighting anyways. We all know you're in love with each other."

Brian laughed. "Yeah, right." He followed my brother upstairs.

I sighed and put my book back on the shelf. As much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, comments like Brian just made hurt me. Sure, he could be an asshole, but he was also funny, and sweet, and caring, and a great musician, and really really cute...

Yes, I had a crush on Brian Haner. Would I ever let him know that? No way in hell. We've had this kind of love/hate relationship since I met him when Matt was in high school.

Even if he did know I liked him, theres no way he would like me back. I'm just little Raven Sanders, Matt's little sister to them. They've been around me for years.

Matt walked downstairs. "Hey, Raven?"

I looked up at him. "Yeah?"

"We're all going out to see a movie. Wanna come?"

"Sure. When does it start?"

"In about two hours." Matt said, looking at his watch.

"Okay. I'm gonna get ready."

Matt walked upstairs. I figured I might as well take a shower, since I had time.

After I finished my shower, I dryed my hair and applied my makeup, then started doing my hair. As I was doing my hair, I started singing. I loved to sing, but I wasn't a huge fan of singing in front of people.

I finished doing my hair and walked back out into my room to see Brian sitting on my bed. Realizing he had heard my singing, I freaked out a little.

"Oh, um...hey Brian." I said. He stood up and walked over to me.

"You have a beautiful voice." He said, smiling.

"Thanks...?" I said. A compliment was pretty unusual, coming from Brian.

"I mean it. Why haven't I heard it before?"

"I don't sing in front of people." I said, walking past him and going to my closet to find some shoes.

"You should!"

I didn't answer. I pulled my favorite shoes out of my closet and put them on.

"Raven, can I tell you something?" he asked.

"What is it?" I said, sighing.

He came and sat next to me. "Raven...I'm sorry I'm such an asshole to you. I really like you, and I wanted you to know before you started dating someone else..."

"Like?" I asked.

"I've been in love with you from the moment I met you. I was just a little afraid of what your brother would think." he laughed.

"Yeah...he's kind of protective." I smiled.

Brian looked into my eyes. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my head up, then leaned in and kissed me. It was the best thing I'd ever experienced.

We pulled away from each other, and he smiled at me.

"I love you, Raven Sanders."

"I love you, Brian Haner."