Moors of Mist

Strike 2

Dark hair swept over confused faces, whistling wind bringing goose bumps to the surface, glimmering moon light leading the way.
“What’s with this place?” A young female voice rang out into the night, a hint of worry hidden beneath the apparent confidence she usually possessed.
“It’s beautiful.” Was all that came in reply, the voice this time definitely being of a male origin.

Well it was true, it was absolutely gorgeous... By day. At night it was just lurking with unhidden knowing, just waiting to pounce on the latest victim. He knew what was going to happen. She had no idea. They never did.
“You see the news today?” Was the question that came from the male, it was vital otherwise it could blow his whole cover, she’d possibly have the chance of an escape and his life forever would be trapped behind bars.
“No... Why?” Her soft voice once more rang out into the night air, to be accompanied only by the hoot of an owl.
“Just wondered.” Was all the reply she got, before he took a hold of her left wrist and spun her round violent to stand before him, halting them both in their tracks. “It wasn’t important anyway.” He finally finished, his hand now creeping up to the top of her arm.
“”What’re you doing?” The worry was back, but this time it was smothered by fear, fear that he wasn’t just the nice guy she’d met in the bar, fear that he was something much more dangerous, that all his stories had been lies.
“Nothing...” He replied, reaching up and sweeping the hair out of her face to try and act as a cover story and by the sigh of relief that came from her it worked.

In the next few seconds her whole life could have flashed before her eyes or maybe she was just coated in the fear that she had been so right to possess just moments earlier.
Strong hands had made their way around her throat, squeezing harder with every second that passed, strong arms shaking her so that she wouldn’t be able to get a proper contact upon his body. For him however the luck of the winter night was on his side and pitch black gloves covered her flailing hands.
“P...ple...please.” The last choking word to escape from the nineteen year old, as she failed to fight her attacker off, the attacker that had betrayed her trust.
“Sorry.”
The last word that she would ever hear, a word that she had heard one too many times in her life, it made no difference, a lost life was a lost life. One word couldn’t change the world.

A limp body dropped to the floor, bruising having already rapidly formed on her neck, her windpipe crushed by his hands. There was no saviour now; she was no more, no matter when she was found it would make no difference.
A minute, a day, a month or a year. It was all over.

Ruth Katherine Grayson was dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait.
Hope it was worth it.

xoxox <3