Moors of Mist

Screech

Everything had been running oh so smoothly, no one had found the missing body of Ruth and no one had been able to find the killer of Emma. Absolutely no one suspected Snoz, after all he always seemed to have some alibi here or there and absolutely no signs of a fight or struggle marked his body. The lack of a criminal record on his part also meant that it of course was harder for the police to track him down; after all they would have to charge him of something, before they could drag him in and he was hardly suspect number one.
“I’m going out.” The words were so simple, yet covered a wide variety of things that could be happening. His current choice of activity was hardly one that crossed people’s minds when they thought of such a thing; they had more innocent things in mind. Such as going out for a couple of drinks with friends, playing a bit of pool or snooker down the local pub, maybe even a game of darts.
Some people are so wrong.

“I know it’s you!” That scream filled the air, the air that no one but the two of them was able to hear, it was deserted all around, no one trekked this way at night usually and well now with the murders, no one even dared to wander.
“So what? You’re not going to have time to tell anyone. Stupid bitch.” The anger was deep within his voice, eyes glaring deep into her, both his hands curled around her fragile wrists.
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that!” Was screamed back at him, a violent struggle now taking place, which resulted with her being harshly slammed against a thick, rough, even spiky tree trunk. “You’ll rot for this!”
“As if. No one has any idea it’s me, I’m clean. I have a blank slate and you’re not going to change that. Now are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?” His voice was filled with extreme amounts of venom, his words coming out more like a hiss than anything else, as he once more violently slammed her into that tree trunk.
“There isn’t going to be a way.” With that and by some incredible force she managed to push all her power against him, which resulted in him being thrown backwards, before crashing to the floor.

Snapping twigs, rustling leaves and hooting owls filled the air, footsteps pounding down onto the ground as mad chase happened to take place. One contestant in the battle to keep a life, whilst the other to keep an identity secret.
Ear splitting, high pitched screams filled the air these now more to attract attention than from fear. The screams attempting to be muffled out by loud shouts of “It’s going to be okay.” Anything was worth a go to avoid what was due to come; he wasn’t going to spend his whole life locked up in prison. No way was that happening. He wouldn’t let her destroy it all!

Little did either warrior know however that they happened to be stumbling towards the main road. The road that so often always seemed to have a car going along it, even in the dead of night. People just always wanted to cross the moors.

In a flash of lights, screams and squealing brakes, three bodies all collide into a surface. Two instantly being knocked out cold, whilst the third pulled themselves around and scuttled off into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been ages + this was meant to be up a week ago.
I'm sowwwwwy.

xoxox <3