Status: New story.

Free

You Were Made For Me

This is it. This is where it all starts. This is the next big step in our relationship. This is where our lives with each other forever will begin. We were finally moving in our own home. The dream home I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl. We saved up enough money and worked really hard to find a place of our own.

I set a heavy box filled up with either his or my belongings on top of another rather larger box then let out a big sigh. I rested my hands on my hips as I looked around the living room. The furniture was already set out from the previous week it had been delivered here. We were now bringing in the rest of our items to complete the house. I looked over to the doorway and noticed him carrying a large box. It looked rather odd watching him bring in a box that was almost as big as him, but don’t underestimate his strength. He set the box down and walked over to the front door to close and lock it. It took us half of the day to transfer the boxes from the car into the house. We just had so much junk.

“Well that was the last one.” He noted and turned over to me with a warm smile.

“Great! Now, let’s get to unpacking!” I said with a sarcastic tone. He just shook his head and chuckled a bit, noticing my unenthusiastic attitude.

Plopping down on our new sofa, exhausted, it was nearing eleven in the evening and we were putting the finishing touches in the living room. There was just one thing that bugged me. He had promised me that as long as he was able to arrange the bedroom the living room would be free for me to arrange. I spotted a small table that was at one end of the room. I thought I had specifically told him that I wanted it on the other end it was currently resting at. I had to remind him that this was the room I got to call the shots on.

“Joel, I thought you said I could arrange the living room.”

I watched as he came into view from the kitchen with a bottle of water. “I did. Everything is how you said you wanted in here.” He replied and took a swig.

“No, it’s not.”

“What are you talking about? Name one thing that isn’t how you said you wanted it to be.” He challenged and used his hand to motion a number one with his finger.

“Okay, that table right over there.” I pointed behind him.

“Honey, I was joking with you earlier. I like it where you wanted it so I moved it...“ He didn’t finish his sentence as he turned around to look over at the table. It wasn’t where I wanted it and it was back to where he had it. He looked back over to me and said: “I thought I moved it over there.”

“I thought you did too.”

He looked back and forth at the table and me. I was just sitting there waiting on him to do something. I couldn’t very well move that table by myself. Believe me, I had tried when he first set it over there. In result, he just laughed at me and my struggle then moved it himself. His face held so much confusion and mine was not fazed. He just shrugged it off and moved the table back to where I wanted it.

After he did so, he made his way over to the couch and lied down next to me. He wrapped his arm around me as I cuddled up next to him, wrapping my arms and legs around him and resting my head on his chest. I could tell he was just as exhausted as I was. Especially he, seeing is that he had to move the heavier things around.

“I’m so tired.” I groaned and rubbed my face in his shirt.

“Can we just lie here all night?” He mumbled half asleep.

“Oh no.” I said all of a sudden sitting up. He grabbed my hand that was on his chest and tried to pull me back down.

“Baby.” He whined.

“No, Joel. We are going to spend our first night in our new home in our new bedroom in our new bed.” I said and leaned down to kiss the tip of his nose. He scrunched his face and made a face, but I only deemed it as cute. I laughed and said: “Come on.” I rolled over him and got up from the couch and held a hand out to him. He took it and we made our way to our room.

I had to admit, his decorating was great. I loved our room. I changed into more comfortable clothing as my sleepwear as he just dressed down and got ready for bed. Soon, we were back in the same position we had been in on the couch, but now in our bed under the covers and our legs tangled with one another. He brought my left palm up to his face and I felt his soft lips come in contact with my knuckles.

“I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.” He spoke up.

I smiled big at those words and thanked the darkness that he couldn’t see how lame I probably looked.

“Me neither.” I was excited to marry Joel. He had been nothing, but perfect to me the first day we met. Although back then, he was a kid of one of my parents’ church friends. We were just acquaintances until we started high school. That was when we started spending much more time with each other. We had an English class together our freshman year and soon enough I was watching his band practices with his friends. It didn’t take him until we were sixteen in our sophomore year of high school for him to ask me out on our first date. After my twenty-first birthday last month, he proposed. It made me feel complete. He made me feel complete and stronger spiritually. I was more than ready to begin my life with him.

“I’m glad we did this.” He said talking about our move.

“I am too. I love our new home.” I admitted. I truly did though. It was so much more roomy and private than our apartment. None of our friends could bust in or family members would walk in in our old bedrooms. Just then his furry feline jumped onto the foot of our bed and walked around our legs before settling by Joel’s feet.

He started laughing lightly. “I think Skylar is happy too.”

I squeezed him lightly and laughed a bit as well. “I love you, Joel.” He turned over so that he could face me and kissed my forehead. “I love you too, Caylee.” He said back and wrapped his arm around me. Soon the three of us were sound asleep and the next day would be awaiting for us to take on the world's challenges. Tomorrow would change everything for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: "You Were Made For Me" - Augustana

New story!
Well, it's not really new. I originally didn't assign this story to feature John and Joel, but I've been listening to a lot if This Century a lot lately and I just love The Maine.

Please leave a comment on your thoughts or predictions! I was nervous to put this story out.