Sequel: Yesterday's Feelings

I Woke Up in a Car

07

I spent the next couple of days keeping in touch with people. Namely I called my mother to just let her know I was alive. She was shocked that I had a job, she wanted to know where I was living, when her and Gene could come visit me. I laid out the ultimatum that if she was still with that sack of shit, no way would I allow her to visit.

Eric and John's sister Irene came to visit, mostly to take me shopping. She had blond hair like John and the same blue eyes as the brother's had. The fact that they all shared the same eyes was incredible considering that generally blue eyes were recessive. None the less, we headed out to the mall where we picked out several outfits for me to wear, both casual and business styled.

We headed back to Eric's where John and Eric were vibing, just really hanging out. I headed upstairs and changed into the jeans and the pink and white asymmetrical top and came back downstairs. I heard a wolf whistle and saw John winking at me. My face flushed a little, okay, a lot, as I headed into the kitchen.

“Ow!” John said, “What was that for?” I could hear him from the kitchen. Eric must have hit him or something. I could only make out bits and pieces but I'm sure Eric told John that he was too old for me. I don't know, I guess he was, but I mean, what John did was his business. It wasn't like Eric was really interested in me.

I came back in to find John's arm around Eric's neck and his knuckles buried deep into the younger's skull. “Boys.” I muttered as Irene laughed. I sat down and make a face as my new phone made a sound. I pulled out the phone to see Irene had texted me, 'Boys will be boys.'

No sooner than my laugh had escaped my mouth, had Eric taken the phone out of my hands and had started to fiddle with it, he was quick with it and ended up putting in a bunch of names and numbers in my phone. “Here, that way, when people call, including the office, you know who they are.”

“Oh, okay, thanks.” I said, confused as to why Eric had to do it right away. I guess it made sense though, “Is there anything you're supposed to be doing?” I asked, a little confused, not really familiar with Eric's schedule yet.

Eric shook his head, “Well, no, but there's a premiere tonight so we're probably going to go to that. You should come along with us and get to know everyone.”

I wrinkled my nose a little, “Should I change?” I asked, looking at the jeans.

“Naw, you're okay. It's at Oakley headquarters so it's going to be casual. I mean, you look dressed up enough already.” Eric said, reaching for his own guitar nearby and picking out a few notes.

The premiere was fun. I had never been to one and was sort of tagging along with Eric and John. Irene wasn't terribly interested, she had to get back home so I kind of just hung out with John, since Eric was pre-occupied with friends and girls, and more of his friends. John, too, knew a lot of people there but he introduced them all to me, or at least told me who they were. So many people, so many names.

Afterward, They said they were going to head out to the bars and I became a little apprehensive as the boys headed away from headquarters. John stopped to look at me, “Ari, aren't you coming?” He asked, waving me to join them.

I shook my head, “I can't!” I shouted at him. “I'm.. not old enough.” My voice trailed off as I watched Eric and his ladies walk on, John standing there.

“Eric!” He yelled at his brother who turned around, “I'm gonna take Ari back to the house!” He shouted.

I bit my lip as he came walking closer to me, I shook my head, “John, I can take a cab. You can go out with them.” I looked up at John as he smiled.

“It's okay, I probably should be at home resting my knee up anyways.” John said as he put his arm around my shoulder and we headed for his truck.

I sighed a little and looked at his arm around my shoulder as I leaned against him, “Thanks for taking me back.” My voice was quiet.

“Yeah mon.” He said in a little Jamaican accent, “No problem.”

I laughed. He was funny. I got along easier with John so much more than Eric, it was scary. Sometimes I thought John came by the house sometimes just to see me. Often times I'd be home and John would just show up. We'd hang out and talk. I'd make lunch and we'd talk some more. By then Eric would be showing up and I'd just be turning on the news or the TV or something.

All I knew is that I liked John, but he was off limits, not because Eric said so, but because he was Eric's brother. Everyone knew that two people were definitely off limits: Exes and Family. Somehow though, I couldn't help myself when it came to John.

I changed into my pajamas once back at Eric's and came downstairs to find John still in his jacket, keys in hand, “You're leaving?” I asked with a pout at him.

John nodded a little but smiled, he looked tired, “Yeah, I should head back to my place.”

I walked over and hugged him, “No, that's too far. You should really stay the night at least. It's so late.” I tried to plead my case a little to him, hoping he'd change his mind.

John's strong arms wrapped around me. I never wanted to leave them, “I gotta go back.”

I sighed, “In the morning? Please? I'll make you breakfast or something and then you can go early after some sleep. Driving sleepy is dangerous.” I looked at him, trying to give the older my best puppy dog face.

John laughed and pushed some of my red hair back from my face, “Yeah? Where am I gonna sleep?”

I was stuck staring into those incredible blue eyes of his, “My bed. I mean, we could share. It's plenty big enough, It's a double.” I said, “It's really much too big for me.” I said, biting my lip. Oh god. What the hell was I doing.

John chuckled and rubbed my back a little, “Fine. I'll stay since it's such a big deal.”

I felt like a little kid who had gotten the biggest stuffed animal at the county fair. I yawned and rubbed at my eyes, “I'm gonna go brush my teeth. I guess I'll meet you upstairs.” I headed for the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

My stomach was in knots and I was suddenly nervous. I hadn't shared a bed with anyone.. since grade school. This was so foreign, not really, but you know what I mean. I hadn't shared a bed with a guy before and I know nothing sexual would happen but the amount of sexual tension I had with John sometimes seemed to be so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I headed into the bedroom across the hall to find John standing there without his shirt on. The older Jackson was ripped. His biceps were big, his stomach flat, he had muscles in places that I'd never seen muscles. I tried not to gawk as I moved Ruby off the bed to the corner of the room.

I could feel John's eyes on me. I almost felt naked, even if I was in my pajamas. It was like he could see right through me and that terrified me. Damn those blue eyes. I crawled across the bed and under the covers. I kept to my side and John kept to his side.

Let's just hope it stayed that way during the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

As always, Read & Review!