Status: Hiatus

You Get What You Deserve

The First Breakfast.

When the four of us entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing we saw was Draco Malfoy, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As we passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter. I shot him a venomous glare.

“Ignore him,” said Hermione. “Just ignore him, it’s not worth it...”

“Hey, Potter!” shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face a pug. “Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!”

Harry dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table, next to George.

“New third-year timetables,” said George, passing them over. “What’s up with you, Harry?”
“Malfoy,” said Ron, sitting down on George’s other side and glaring over at the Slytherin table.

I stood and watch as George looked up in time to see Malfoy pretending to faint with terror again.

“That little git,” he said calmly. “He wasn’t so cocky last night when the Dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn’t he, Fred?”

“Nearly wet himself,” said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

“I wasn’t too happy myself,” said George. “They’re horrible things, those Dementors...”

“Sort of freeze your insides, don’t they?” said Fred.

“Corey, sit down,” Hermione said, as I was still standing while everyone else was sitting.
I had no choice but to sit right in front of George and beside Fred. I sat down with a heavy expression on my face.

“You didn’t pass out, though, did you?” said Harry in a low voice.

“Forget it, Harry,” said George bracingly. “Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he’d ever been. He came back all weak and shaking... They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there.”

“Anyway, we’ll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match,” said Fred. “Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?”

“I’d kill to play,” I moaned enviously, without thought.

There was a tense silence, in which the twins exchanged a look. I quickly reached over and helped myself to some sausages and fried tomatoes. Hermione, however, was examining her new timetable.

“Ooh, good, we’re starting some new subjects today,” she said happily.

“Hermione,” said Ron, frowning as he looked over her shoulder, “they’ve messed up your timetable. Look – they’ve got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn’t enough time.”

“I’ll manage. I’ve fixed it all with Professor McGonagall.”

“But look,” said Ron, laughing, “see this morning? Nine o’clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o’clock, Muggle studies. And –“ Ron leant closer to the timetable, disbelieving, “look – underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o’clock. I mean, I know you’re good, Hermione, but no one’s that good. How’re you supposed to be in three classes at once?”

“Don’t be silly,” said Hermione shortly. “Of course I wouldn’t be in three classes at once.”

“Well, then –“

“Pass the marmalade,” said Hermione.

“But –“

“Oh, Ron, what’s it to you if her timetable’s a bit full?” I snapped. “She told you, she’s fixed it all with McGonagall.”

Just then, Hagrid entered the Great Hall. He was wearing his long moleskin overcoat and was absent-mindedly swinging a dead polecat from one enormous hand.

“All righ’?” he said eagerly, pausing on the way to the staff table. “Yer in my firs’ ever lesson! Right after lunch! Bin up since five gettin’ everythin’ ready... hope it’s OK... me, a teacher... hones’ly.”

He grinned broadly at us and headed off to the staff table, still swinging the polecat.

“Wonder what he’s been getting ready?” Ron said, a note of anxiety in his voice.

I leaned around Fred, making sure not to catch his eye, and started scanning the Ravenclaw table. I instantly grinned as I spotted Chase coming over to me, closely followed by Aiden, Jeremy and Maika. I swung my legs over the bench, so I was sitting facing Chase, as he came to a standstill in front of me.

“Hey,” I said, beaming up at him.

“Hey. I just thought I’d come say have a good first day,” said Chase.

“You too.”

“Well, we should probably go now, see you,” he said, before leaning down and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“Bye guys,” I said, waving after them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lolololol this story is getting quite lame. I don't like it. Oh well, you shall all have to deal with my lame relationship writing for like 987654 more chapters :D
Comment or Corey'll PMS at you.
-Juice (: