Status: Hiatus

You Get What You Deserve

Crookshanks

There was a wide range of owls, and Hermione was staring at a large grey one, with popping, bright yellow eyes. Hermione seemed to be taken by it.

“OUCH!” Ron yelled, and I quickly turned around.

Ron buckled as something huge and orange came soaring from the top of the highest cage, landed on his head and then propelled itself, spitting madly, at Scabbers.

“NO, CROOKSHANKS, NO!” cried the witch, but Scabbers shot from between her hands like a bar of soap, landed splay-legged on the floor and then scarpered for the door.

“Scabbers!” Ron shouted, haring out of the shop after him; Harry right behind him.
“Oh,” said Hermione, walking over to the counter where the Ginger cat now sat, flicking its tail. “He’s perfect!”

---

Hermione and I walked down the steps of the shop, just as Ron and Harry came around a corner. In Hermione’s arms was the enormous ginger cat, clamped tightly to her chest.
“You bought that monster?” said Ron, his mouth hanging open.

“He’s gorgeous, isn’t he?” said Hermione glowing.

That was a matter of opinion, I thought. The cat’s ginger fur was think and fluffy, but it was definitely a bit bow-legged and its face looked grumpy and oddly squashed, as though it had run headlong into a brick wall. Now that Scabbers was out of sight, however, the cat was purring contentedly in Hermione’s arms.

“Hermione, that thing nearly scalped me!” said Ron.

“He didn’t mean to, did you, Crookshanks?” said Hermione.

“And what about Scabbers?” said Ron, pointing at the lump in his chest pocket. “He needs rest and relaxation! How’s he going to get it with that thing around?”

“That reminds me, you forgot your Rat Tonic,” I said, slapping a small red bottle into Ron’s hand.

“And stop worrying, Crookshanks will be sleeping in my dormitory and Scabbers in yours. What’s the problem? Poor Crookshanks, that witch said he’s been in there for ages: no one wanted him.”

“I wonder why,” said Ron sarcastically, as we set off towards the Leaky Cauldron.

We found Mr Weasley sitting in the bar, reading the Daily Prophet.

“Harry!” He said, smiling as he looked up. “How are you?”

“Fine, thanks,” said Harry, as we joined Mr Weasley with all out shopping.

Mr Weasley put down his paper, and I saw the familiar picture of Sirius Black staring up at me.

“They still haven’t caught him, then?” I asked.

“No,” said Mr Weasley, looking extremely grave. “They’ve pulled us all off our regular jobs at the Ministry to try and find him, but no luck so far.”

“Would we get a reward if we caught him?” asked Ron. “It’d be good to get some more money –“

“Don’t be ridiculous, Ron,” said Mr Weasley, who on closer inspection looked very strained. “Black’s not going to be caught by a thirteen-year-old wizard. It’s the Azkaban guards who’ll get him back, you mark my words.”

At that moment Mrs Weasley entered the bar, laden with shopping and followed by the twins, who were about to start their fifth year at Hogwarts, the newly elected Head Boy, Percy, and the Weasleys’ youngest child and only girl, Ginny.

Ginny, who had always been very taken with Harry, seemed even more heartily embarrassed then usual when she saw him, perhaps because he had saved her life during our last term at Hogwarts. She went very red and muttered ‘hello’ without looking at him. Percy, however, held out his hand solemnly as though he and Harry had never met and said, “Harry. How nice to see you.”

“Hello, Percy,” said Harry, and I could see him trying not to laugh.

“I hope you’re well?” said Percy pompously, shaking hands.

“Very well, thanks –“

“Harry!” said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. “Simply splendid to see you, old boy –“

“Marvellous,” said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry’s hand in turn. “Absolutely spiffing.”

Percy scowled, but I had to put my hand over my mouth to stop myself laughing.

“That’s enough, now,” said Mrs Weasley.

“Mum!” said Fred, as though he’d only just spotted her, and seized her hand, too. “How really corking to see you –“

“I said, that’s enough,” said Mrs Weasley, depositing her shopping in an empty chair. “Hello, Harry, dear. I suppose you’ve heard our exciting news?” She pointed at the brand-new silver badge on Percy’s chest. “Second Head Boy in the family!” she said, swelling with pride.
“And last,” Fred muttered under his breath.

“I don’t doubt that,” said Mrs Weasley, frowning suddenly. “I notice they haven’t made you two Prefects.”

“What do we want to be Prefects for?” said George, looking revolted at the very idea. “It’d take all the fun out of life.”

Ginny and I both let out a small giggle each.

“You want to set a better example to your sisters – I mean, sister, and Corey!” snapped Mrs Weasley.

“Ginny’s got other bothers to set her an example, Mother,” said Percy loftily. “As for Corey...” he trailed off. “I’m going up to change for dinner...”

He disappeared and George heaved a sigh.

“We tried to shut him in a pyramid,” he told Harry. “But Mum spotted us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the big chapter. I couldn't really make it any smaller. So yeah. Chapter 6? sure lets go with 6.
Comment or Corey and the twins'll try and shut you in a pyramid (;
-Josifer c: