Status: Im going to try to add a chapter every week

Tears of a Vampire

Watchful Eyes

Katya
I walked down the street, breathing in the scent that the breeze carried. It smelled like the hundreds of humans that lived in our little town, of sharp peppermint coming from the gift shop next to me, like pine and ferns. I smiled a little to myself, enjoying the moment. I looked around curiously, wondering what I could do.
“Kat!” Someone called, drawing my attention to someone behind me.
“Akito!” I chirped, recognizing Naomi’s best friend (also human. He’s Naomi’s version of my Renée). His brown hair was disheveled, as though he had been running, and his eyes glittered with childish mischief. We all loved Akito… but he had a habit of dragging us into his trouble. He was the type you’d find throwing rocks at your bedroom window at one in the morning, or egging houses. He was far from innocent.
“How you doin’, lovely lady?” Akito asked, coming to a stop next to me.
“I’m fine, thanks. What trouble are you causing today?” I asked, placing a hand on my hip and glaring playfully at him.
His eyes got wide with mock surprise. “Me? Cause trouble? Never!”
I laughed. “Liar!”
“I am not,” he argued.
I rolled my eyes. “Sure you aren’t. Where are you going?”
“I have to go to work,” Akito said.
I lifted my eyebrows. “Akito going to work?” I started laughing. “That’s a new one!”
“Bite me, Katie. I really am going to work. I’ll see you later,” He glared and ran off down the street. I rolled my eyes again, amused despite myself.
I started walking again, not sure what I wanted to do. My eyes fell on a group of people. One guy was a blonde, and then two that looked like twins. The girl reminded me of a hooker, the way she was dressed. I spotted Devryn, Aphrodite’s human boyfriend (my “group” sure liked humans), walking past them. The girl looked up, her eyes locking on him. I felt a spark of protectiveness in me and walked over to talk to him, and that spark grew when I realized that the group was all vampires. Damn, this town was quickly becoming overcome with my kind.
“Hey Dev,” I chirped, sidling up next to him.
He jumped slightly, but then a huge smile spread across his face. “Katya! Hi!”
“What are you doing?” I asked, watching the clan in my peripheral vision. The girl’s attention didn’t waver.
“I’m looking for Aphrodite. It seemed like everyone disappeared.” He smiled his sweet smile. Devryn was adorable as far as prettyboys go.
The girl’s eyes were like a hawk’s, the way she studied Devryn. I felt disgust finally boil up in me and I turned to look at her directly. She met my gaze, a smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth. An immediate twist of dislike in my gut was my reaction. She reminded me a little of Constantine.
Speak of the devil…
She looked away from me to Constantine. He was walking towards us with a lazy yet somehow arrogant gait. I watched him come to a stop next to Hooker Girl. She linked her arm through his and turned to face him so that her chest was pressed against his arm. I felt my lip curl in disgust. Constantine looked down at Hooker Girl with a look of amusement.
Devryn said something I didn’t hear and Constantine looked over at us. He saw me watching and a big grin spread across his devilishly gorgeous face. I looked away, telling myself not to blush, that I hadn’t done anything wrong. My gaze fell instead on the other violet-eyed vampire. His attention was turned on the blonde. The two were looking at whatever blondie had in his hands. I looked back at Constantine to find him still watching me with that smile. I held his gaze, daring him to look away.
“Katie!” Devryn’s voice finally broke through my thoughts. I snapped my attention on him, looking away from the vampire clan.
“I’m sorry?” I had completely forgotten what Devryn had said.
He gave me a funny look, glanced over at the group I had been watching, and then turned his attention back to me. “Do you know where Aphrodite is?”
“Oh… She’s probably with Naomi and Renée.”
“And where would that be?” He asked.
I smiled. “At Dimitri and Xavior’s place,” I answered. “Here, I’ll take you there.”

--

“See ya!” I called over my shoulder to Dimitri as Renée and I walked home. The air nipped at our exposed skin, causing Renée to shiver and zip up her sweatshirt. The day had been more or less uneventful. I left Renée a little while later to quickly hunt while she went home.
Walking back through the green bushes that grew wildly among the trees, I picked up a scent from earlier. Turning my face in the direction of the scent I breathed in the smell. It was still strong, as though someone had walked through here not so long ago. It smelled sweet… like a vampire. A chill ran up my spine as I recognized it as Constantine. He smelled like summer… mixed with a woodsy smell…
I became a blur of motion as I ran down the street to my house. An unsettling feeling of concern washed through me. Sprinting down my driveway, I stopped in the dead center. Constantine leaned against the railing talking to Aya. My eyes narrowed suspiciously. I could feel a sense of disease in Aya, setting me on edge.As if confirming my fear, Constantine ran a pale hand down the side of Aya’s face, her eyes going wide.
A snarl slipped through my teeth and I was at his side instantly, grabbing his hand. Just as quickly as I had grabbed his hand, he had spun me around and pinned me to the rail before I could stop it. Kammaya stumbled backwards in fear. Fangs elongating I pulled my lips back, my fingers hooked into claws.
Constantine chuckled in a way that I couldn’t help but find attractive. “Calm down, Katya. We were only talking.”
“Yeah, only talking. That’s what I was seeing, huh? Silly me, I’ll leave you’s alone,” I snapped sarcastically. Kammaya was inching back closer to the door, her blue eyes the size of plates.
Constantine’s smile grew wider. “I wasn’t hurting her, now was I? I think you’re being a little overprotective of your twin.”
“Gee, I wonder why I would be,” I hissed. He seriously rubbed me the wrong way!
With a chuckle, Constantine backed away. “Don’t worry, Katya… She won’t be harmed yet… I’ve only just begun,” he whispered and became a blur as he ran away. His laugh drifted ghostly back to me.
"Stalker!" I grumbled.
I ground my teeth together as I stormed into the house after Aya. It took everything I had not to chase after him, but my sister was my main priority. What did he mean he had only just begun? He didn’t seriously think I was going to let him touch Aya again did he? The idiot. That was never going to happen. I’d rip his throat out first. He was a freaking creep…

--

Bored yet again, I walked along looking for some form of entertainment. What I found was not entertainment, but the reason why I went to bed last night livid and worrying about Kammaya.
Hooker Girl, Blondie, and the other twin were all standing around Constantine. He was relaxed, leaning against a lamppost. His eyes danced with mild amusement, the angering smirk on his lips. I wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying to the blonde guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is far from done, but i felt i would at least put what i have. XD Constantine will start to play a big role in the story and you'll all see why i love him so much XD Katya has quite the temper does she not??? xD

Comments??? Subscribe??? Opinions on my lovely Constantine???