Status: Work in progress.

Her Diamonds

Chapter Seven

As I walked out of the hospital I noticed that the sky was starting to turn an deep shade of gray, and I knew that rain would be coming soon. They had called for rain late in the afternoon buy I guess the weather report was wrong like usual, we would be getting rain soon then called for. Nancy wouldn't like this, it was a perfect sunny day when we left early this morning. My thoughts drifted to a slight panic when I heard foot steps running towards me and I felt a strong arm spin me around almost making me fall.

"What the fuck?" I yelled out, my eyes were focused on a very concerned looking doctor. One that I have never seen before.

"Gary, come quick. Follow me, you need to, ugh!" he grabbed my arm in a tight grip and half sprinted over to the entrance of the hospital and down a hall to the right.

Everything happened in a matter of minutes. The doors of hospital rooms were rushing past me and before I knew what was going on I was seated in a room with some doctor. The room was very plain with only a desk and a few chairs. The doctor was seated next to me and was telling me all about this new pill on the market.

"Great, another pill. Another pill she will have to take, more side effects, more sickness. Nothing is going to make her better, nothing will help her, nothing will. Nothing is going to save her" I muttered to myself. A slight sob escaped my lips that I had no control over.

"Gary, I need you to listen to me. Just listen to what I have to say. This is a medical break through. Even though it is new on the market, Nancy's results will help other people. If the pill can help her, it will be helpful to other people as well." the doctor tried to assure me that using my wife as medical experiment would be a good thing.

"First of all, who the hell are you and how do you know my dam name?" I started raising my voice at this point. It must have caught the doctor off guard because his jam dropped slightly and his mouth formed a small "O" shape. I could tell that he was trying to help because his face was filled with nothing but understanding and compassion.

"I'm Dr. Brown, but you can just call me Fred. I should have introduced myself sooner, but it couldn't wait. I just had to tell you about this Gary. I had to tell you about the new pill, the pill that will change everything. The pill that can help with chemo." Fred said.

I looked at him expecting him to say more, and waiting for him to explain more. "What is it called? Does Nancy know about this? You still didn't answer my questions though, how do you know my name?"

"I know you because I know Nancy. I am the medical director of the hospital and I take a personal responsibility to all the patients that are going through chemo, ever since my wife found out she had cancer I just can't help but try to make people feel a little bit more comfortable. She passed away a few months ago from breast cancer and I could only think of what could have went better. How her hospital stays could have been a little more comfortable. Look, I just feel for you you and I wish a doctor would have been able to tell me what I am about to tell you before my wife passed away. I wish this pill would have been ready for her. Please, just hear me out here Gary." Fred was said through tear filled eyes.

I couldn't help but put a hand on his shoulder and say "Let's go see what Nancy has to say about this."

As we walked down the hall towards her room he filled me in about all the details of this new pill; the side effects, the pills it would replace and the benefits of the pill. What alarmed me though, was the name of this pill, it was called a Tetra-cannabi pill. Great, my wife will be high for the rest of her life, that's just what she needs to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be adding another chapter to this story later today. Sorry that is is so short and it has been so long since my last update. I sort of lost the vibe to write this, but I have found it again.

I would like to thank all my readers, commenters and subscribers. You guys are my inspiration to keep writing this. <3