‹ Prequel: Desires Of The Unknown
Status: Give me a few.

His Fairytale, My Folklore

"Why would I even want to do that?"

"How was your day?" I asked Jackson as he walked through the door.
He raised an eye brow, just like everyone else in his family could. "Fine," he said hesitantly. "Are you actually talking to me now?"
"Why wouldn't she?" Valentine asked, coming to my side.
Jackson smile. "V," he said happily.
Jackson walked over to his brother and hugged him. Josh and Landon walked in and I nodded to them, popping my gum in an annoying fashion to annoy Valentine. Landon smiled at his friend and Josh just froze, still no good with any emotion that wasn't annoyance.
"I hate you," Josh hissed, coming over and wrapping an arm around my waist. I flinched, feeling a bruise set in on the top of my hip. I removed his arm and lifted my shirt to see a nasty bruise.
"How hard did I fall?" I hissed to Valentine.
"Pretty hard," he hissed back, glancing at Josh.
"Oh my, God," I muttered. "Really?" I asked louder, glaring at Valentine. "You really think I would do that?!"
"Yes!" he screamed.
I was caught around my waist before I could do anything. I took a deep breath. "Leave, leave now, or I'll kill you," I spat.
"Gladly," he spat back.
He walked stomped out of the house. The arm around my waist dropped, making me resist the urge to run after Valentine to hit him or cause him pain in some sort of way. I shook my head and went to the kitchen to get some ice.
"Forget him," Josh said.
"I've tried," I muttered. "Then he fucking sent that letter. It was all a fucking lie."
"What the fuck was that?!" Carlos asked, as I put an ice pack on my hip.
"He thinks I'm fucking Josh."
"Ew," Josh muttered. "That's gross, no offense or anything."
I rolled my eyes. "I don't care anymore. He can go," I was cut off by a gun shot.
I cussed and ran out the front door the see Valentine crouched behind his car as bullets were sailing towards the house. I groaned in annoyance and grabbed the gun out of Josh's pants. We taught him how to use one over the summer per his request and he was taking a few extra spy classes.
I aimed for the main guy and shot twice, hitting him the second time. Valentine wasted no time in shooting the second and third shooter. I sighed and looked over to Valentine to see him not moving on the ground. Striking cold fear ran through my body. I ran to him as fast as I could, not wanting to be too late.
"Valentine," I sighed when I got there. I got to my knees and sat back against my heels. I moved his head to my lap. I looked up and down at him and didn't see any injuries. "Valentine?"
"My mother just shot at me. I thought she was locked up."
"She broke out."
"And no one thought to tell me?"
"That's what I was trying to tell you guys before all this shit."
"Wow, holding a lot more shit from me. Are you pregnant again? Is that the bastard child of you and Josh?!"
I was at a loss of words. Tears sprang to my eyes and I looked to the side, my arm going around my stomach instinctively. I wanted to know how he could say that. I wanted to know how he could think that?
"Valentine Marshall Wright!" Valerie yelled as I stood up from the ground, my arm still wrapped around my stomach. "Get your head out of your ass, and realize that you're not that only one hurt here! She can't have children, and if by the slim chance she can, it would be a high risk pregnancy. She would never go out with Josh because one, he's only just now fifteen. Two, he's not you."
"I don't believe that," he said softly.
"Because all you want to do is hurt me," I said before turning and going back inside.
I pushed past Josh as he tried to say something, anything, to make me feel better, but there was nothing to be said. I walked up the stairs to Terence's bed room to check on him. When I got in there, the window was open and there was a note next to some blocks. I let out a scream as I fell to the ground, the tears falling.
I kept muttering 'no' as I crawled over to the note.
A child for a child. That's all it said. I started sobbing as footsteps got closer. I was ignored and the steps went to the window. I wiped my tears and stopped my sobbing. I couldn't let her get to me, which was what she was trying to do. I was going to kill her though. As soon as I got Trevor and Terence safe, she was going to die.
"She took him," I said stiffly, wiping my eyes.
I turned around and marched out of the room. I went to the attic, which held all the high tech stuff Savannah loved and all the guns Valentine and I loved. I went over to the computer, glad that the school made us take basic computer skills so we knew how to do the basics of a stake out without having a tech geek there. I started typing in Terence's tracking number for the GPS that my sister put in him when he was born, just in case Terence's dad tried to take him.
It showed me that he was still alive and not hurt, but he was scared. I pushed the tears back as I continued to type, but they were blurring my eyes. I let a few slip, but that was just so I could see again. A blinking green blimp showed up on a map of the county. He was only seven miles from the house, going west, most likely on the highway, but they were moving fast.
I cursed and moved to grab a gun, but my phone went off. The Gwen phone. I muttered every curse I knew and answered with a snap.
"You need to watch the CIA Director’s daughter while she goes shopping for a homecoming dress."
"Why would I even want to do that?"
"Because there's someone trying to kill her, but she doesn't know."
"Tell her. She's seventeen, I think she can handle it," I snapped. "I have my own problems."
"Like what? What is more important than your job?"
"My child!"
"Your nephew! Now get your ass into the car that is outside!"
A hand rested on my shoulder. "Yes, father," I spat, resisting every urge I had to fight.
I shrugged off the hand and set the gun down on the desk. I walked out, wiping under my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't crying. When I got to the front door, I looked over to the wall with the mirror and checked to make sure I was presentable. I grabbed a small hand gun that I could conceal it in my purse.
I walked out the front door and went to the limo out front, but was stopped by a hand on my arm. I turned to see Valentine. “You’re leaving?”
I shrugged. “Job is a job.”
“What about Terence?”
Tears pooled my eyes. “Find him, finds your parents. They were heading west, seven miles away, about eleven or twelve now. I would try the highway, but have someone look on the back road too.” I kissed his cheek, pushing the tears away. “I love you.”
I pulled my arm from his hand and went to the limo before he could object or say it back. I plastered a fake smile on my face as I opened the limo door.
“Hey, Kelsey.”
“Hey, Jen,” she smiled. “I love your outfit. It’s tres cute!”
Seriously? Random French, Kels? Being in France all summer doesn’t mean you’re suddenly French and can put random French in your sentences. “Yeah,” I smiled and I got into the limo.
“So,” she said in a voice that already told me what she was going to ask.
“Don’t ask,” I hissed, looking out of the window.
“But,” she started.
“Kels, we haven’t talked in over three years. Things have changed and you don’t really know me anymore.”
“Because you wouldn’t let me in when your parents kicked you out!”
“Because I couldn’t tell you!”
“Bite me Gwen!”
I hid my annoyance of my real name and looked at her. “It wasn’t my choice.”
“To be Gwen or to be Jen?”
“Neither,” I sighed. “I just want to be myself.”
“We used to be so close,” she whispered. “I’m not doing this to gossip, I’m doing this to try and be your friend.”
“Yes,” I said hesitantly. “Yes, I actually lost my child and I can’t have another one.”
“And Jerry?”
“He’s dead,” I nodded. “I made sure of it.”
“I’m glad you wanted to get back to the way things were,” she said as we pulled up to the strip mall, two towns over.
I smiled and got out, not even waiting for the chauffeur. I looked around discreetly, remembering that Kelsey knew nothing about the threat. I glanced at the chauffeur, who had gotten out as well, and noticed that it was a friend of Valentine’s. I nodded to him, knowing that he heard about it all, even her calling me Gwen.
“One word,” I hissed. “And you’re gone.”
He nodded, helping Kelsey out. “Protect her,” he whispered so she couldn’t hear.
“Kels,” I said, getting her attention. I handed her a one, “Will you go get me a Coke from the vending machine?”
She smirked. “Some things never change.”
She took the one and skipped over to the vending machine. I looked at, Nicholas, I believe his name was. “You her body guard?”
“Yes, ma’am.”
“Does she know that?”
“Yes, ma’am.”
“How long?”
“Almost a year.”
I nodded. “How long have you loved her?” I asked in a softer voice.
He opened his mouth, most likely to deny it, but must have thought better of it. “Since day one, ma’am.”
“You know,” I said, watching her bob her head to the music in her own head as she drank from my Coke. “Her favorite movie,” I started.
“Is The Bodyguard,” he finished. “I know, she’s made me watch it a million times.”
“Here ya’ go,” Kelsey said, handing me a half empty Coke.
I faked a glare to her. “Bitch.”
“You love me,” she sang, looping her arms with mine. “Let’s go get me a dress, and we can talk about,” she coughed. “Ya’ know.”
“Go for it,” I sighed. “Everyone knows about it, or versions of it. So tell me, what have you heard?”
“That you jumped in front of the bullet to kill yours and Jerry’s child,” she said softly.
“She didn’t,” Nicholas said. “The child was Valentine’s and Jerry’s lover shot at her, hitting the baby dead on and killing it, almost her too.”
I looked at him. “You were talking to Valentine.”
“He had to talk to someone who didn’t really know you that well.”
“This morning?”
“Yeah,” he said as we walked to the dress shop.
“Are you going to help me pick out my dress?” Kelsey asked Nicholas.
He looked shocked for only a millisecond before composing himself before she saw it. “If you would like me to Miss Smith."
“I could use a male’s opinion too. Beside,” she smiled sweetly at him. “You’ll see me in it more than my date will.”
“I think anything you pick will look amazing on you, miss.”
She smiled back at him. “Thank you, Nick. And please, call me Kelsey, I’m younger than you for God’s sakes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HIYA! =D Hope y'all(yup, just went all southern on ya!) have a good Thanksgiving Break! =D I love how I only have like, 3(now 4) chapters up, and I already have 8 subscribers. That makes me uber(yeah, I'm that cool! =P) happy! =D
If you're a follower of my other story, Needing And Wanting, I'm blocked, like completely. I can't even half-ass it, I'm that blocked. It sucks ass, and I'm completely sorry for that fact too! Please bear with me! BUT FOR THIS STORY, I HAVE BUTT LOADS OF IDEAS.... Just so you know!
OH! and if you wanted to, my cousin and I are crazy, and we were recorded dancing........

JustUnRemember- S'all good! =D And thank you! That makes me happy to know and see and you commented now!