Status: ACTIVE <3

Baby, I'm a Lightweight

The Middle

Packing for tour isn’t always the easiest. You have to pick out an outfit for every single night on stage, and you have to pack your normal clothes. It’s not easy at all. I have so many clothes that I could clothe a small country. It’s bad. I’ve spent hours in this floor just separating my performance clothes from my actual clothes. There was even a pile for if I didn’t know if it was normal or performance clothes. Sad right? I thought so too. At least I don’t have to pack Elena’s clothes. She’s going to be in Arizona with her dad, with John. I have to tour without her. It’s not going to be easy, but very doable.
I finally zipped the last bag I had, and took it out in the hall way. Emmie stood there with a huge smile on her face. She was just as excited for this tour as I was. She got to spend every single day with her boyfriend. I got to spend every day avoiding my ex-boyfriend. It’s not going to be easy, at all. Jonathan won’t make it easy on me. I know that much. I don’t want to hurt him at all, but he did hurt me. Somewhere between the whole Alex/John fiasco and the Bethany/Brittany situation, he really did hurt me. I know that I hurt him too, so that’s why I’m not exactly stopping him from hurting me. I deserve all of the painful words that he sends my way. I should get worse.
“Hey, cheer up. The bus is almost here,” Emmie stated, hugging my shoulders. “This tour will be fun, regardless of how much Jonathan doesn’t like you right now,”
“I don’t blame him at all, Em. I don’t even like myself.”
Emmie rolled her eyes.
“Nonsense,” She laughed. “Come on, Kar. It’s time for tour. You love tour, no matter what. You can do one of two things while on this tour.”
“And those are?” I asked, playing along with her silly game.
“Okay, one: you can make yourself miserable and everyone else miserable…”
“And Two?”
“Two, you can make the best of the situation God has handed you. You’re Karma Stacy for Pete’s sake. You can do this!” She encouraged. “It’s time, Doll. You’ve got to get out of your rut.”
I chewed on my bottom lip.
“I know I do.” I agreed. “Come on, we’ve got a bus to get in,”
Emmie’s arm wrapped around my shoulders.
“That’s my girl,” She winked playfully. “I think it’s already outside? If not, we can always wait outside?”
“Deal,” I laughed at her before we both walked out of our house. “My suite case is huge,”
“I noticed,” She laughed. “I’m just glad that we’re finally getting back on tour,”
“Me too,” I agreed. “Will you lock up the house?”
“Yeah,” She nodded and locked up our house just in time for the bus to pull around. It stopped and Lyric ran out. The drummer literally jumped me, making us fall to the ground. I wasn’t expecting her to actually jump, but then again it is Lyric.
“OMG! I missed you so damn much! I’m NEVER going on a honeymoon again! Ahhh! Tour!”
“Who the fuck gave her coffee?” I groaned, pushing the girl off of me.
“Love you too,” She pouted.
I laughed and shook my head.
“I love you too, Ly. I’m sorry,”
“She’s been pissy all morning,” Emmie rolled her eyes before she hugged Lyric. “Just ignore her.”
“Hey! I said I was sorry!” I laughed, standing up with the other two girls.
“Come on, the guys are already in the bus waiting,” Lyric stated, motioning us toward the big bus. “Our bus driver is meeting up with the other two drivers at some rest stop so we all can travel together.”
“So there are going to be like four buses on the road?” Emmie questioned.
“I guess so,” I shrugged.
The bus’s horn honked, making the three of us jump.
“We better get on the bus. Our first show is in LA,” Lyric commented as we walked into the bus. “We’ve got a twenty-two hour drive.” Colton and Skye were sitting rather close together, practically falling asleep while Lyle typed away on his phone and Ethan was jamming to music on his iPod. Most of The District was really out of it this morning. I don’t really blame them though. They were out drinking a lot last night, well most of us. Just Lyle, Ethan, Me, Skye, and Colton went out last night. Emmie spent the night with Kyle, and Lyric and Austin stayed in. John already had Elena so I didn’t have to worry about getting them together this morning. I kicked Colton’s leg on the coffee table and he scoffed. I rolled my eyes at the man before I planted myself in his lap. He didn’t protest, but wrapped his arms around me, and cuddled into my back. He must be really sleepy, because he would normally push me off. Skye’s the cuddler, not Colt. I just accepted it and closed my eyes. Skye shifted over a little bit, but didn’t say anything else as he closed his eyes to sleep some more. I ignored everyone else while I let my eyelids drupe close.
I really needed some sleep after last night. It was huge drinking scene at the club. We all got pretty hammered. I must admit, I don’t really remember what happened, but I was with the guys. It couldn’t be too bad, right? I couldn’t exactly fall asleep at the moment, but I knew that basically everyone else was out like a light. I didn’t have to even open my eyes to know that they were. It was early, and we’ve got a long drive. Nothing else is really doable except for sleeping. I guess I could write songs or something. I’m just too lazy to get up and actually do it.
“Are you awake?”
I yawned, and kept my eyes closed.
“If I say yea will you leave me alone?”
“Nope,”
“What do you need?” I mumbled against my hand.
“I dunno, I guess I just really wanted to talk to you. We did used to be best friends,”
My eyes snapped open to the blue-eyed boy sitting beside me.
“What do you mean by that, Skye? We’re still best friends,”
He rolled his eyes.
“We haven’t been best friends for a really long time,”
“Why not?” I pouted.
“Well, I was hopelessly in love with you, and you were? hopelessly in love with Jonathan,” He replied sarcastically. “Can we just talk?”
“Yeah,” I nodded before unwinding Colton’s arms from around me. He grunted in response, but it didn’t disturb him all that much. “Come on,” I nodded toward the back of the bus. “What is this about Skye bug?”
“It’s just…we’re not the same,” He grunted. “I want us to go back to being some-what normal,”
I laughed.
“When will we ever be normal?”
“Never,” Skye smiled at me. “I just…I wish we could talk like we used too. I know that you and Colt got really close of the past few years, but I do miss you,”
“I miss you too, doofus!” I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck. “Why didn’t you say anything before? We could’ve spent more time together?”
“Sorry,” He shrugged. “You looked kind of busy with your whole…mess.”
“This is true,” I laughed. “Is that all you wanted to talk about?”
Skye hesitated before he nodded.
“Yeah, that’s it.”
“Okay. I’m going back out now to sleep,”
“I’m gonna go to my bunk,” Skye stated, nodding toward his bunk.
I just nodded before walking back into the front lounge. Colton was sprawled out across the couch. I laughed, and shook my head before curling up to his side, and forcing him to scoot over. He just stirred a little bit, but did it anyway. I love sleepy Colton. He does whatever you want him too. I snuggled into one of my best friends and closed my eyes again.
“Woman, stop freaking moving,”
“Why should I?”
“Cause I’m trying to sleep,” He mumbled.
“Then sleep,”
“I can’t sleep when you move every five seconds.”
“Okay, I’m not gonna move,” I huffed and then moved my head a little closer. “Now, I’m not gonna move,”
“Damn right you won’t,” Colton replied before wrapping his arms around me, keeping me in place. “Now sleep, dammit.”
Most on-lookers would think of this embrace as a romantic one. Of course it isn’t. Colton and I have more of a sibling relationship than Skye and I do. Hell, Colton and I even dated, but realized how bad we were for each other. It’s not like I’m going to jump him any second, but he is by no means ugly. Colton’s freaking sexy, but he’s like a gay best friend. I would never even think about Colton any other way. It’s just weird.
“Who’s the blonde with Colton?”
My eyes flew open, and I stared right at Colton’s collar bone. He was still asleep, but the voices inside the bus woke me up. I had heard the voices and started to stir a little bit, but when I heard that voice, I woke up quickly. I couldn’t have been asleep for more than five hours, and I was already in the same space as he was.
“It’s Karma,” Skye laughed.
“She’s blonde,” He stated, making a few of them laugh.
“Yeah, she was pretty tired this morning. The guys plus Karma all went out last night and got plastered. Then she got up like three hours after she passed out and started packing. She crashed as soon as we got on the bus. Most of the guys did anyway,” Emmie explained.
“She’s with Colton…” He trailed off. “They look really close…”
“Nah, they’re just sleeping,” Skye replied quickly. “She’s a cuddler,”
“She’s also a man eater,” Jonathan laughed.
“She’s trouble,” Lyle agreed with a booming laugh. “Everyone knows that.
“Except me,”
I could practically see him shaking his head.
“Yeah, but that’s her. She needs a warning sign,”
“Karma needs more than a warning sign,”
“Not what Karma needs is for you to shut the fuck up so she can sleep,” I replied rather loudly, causing Colton to groan, and roll over so he was squashing me. “And for someone to get Colton’s fat ass off of me,”
“I’m not fat,” He muttered, making me and whoever else heard him say that laugh. “You’re just a skinny toothpick.”
“This toothpick needs some fucking food,” I stated, trying to shove him off, but his arms were still wrapped around me.
“If I go off, you’re going with me,”
“At least I’ll have a soft landing, fatty.”
Colton laughed tiredly, before he rolled back off of me, but kept his arms there.
“Nice tattoo,” A voice, I assumed it was Caleb cause it sounded like Caleb, said.
“Thanks!” I called to wherever commented on my tattoo that I recently got. I had the word Believe written across my lower back/side with a feather underneath it. I thought it was cute, so I got it.
“Hey, Colton has a matching one on his arm,” Another person pointed it out. Colton happened to have the same thing written on the outside of his right forearm. We got them together because we’re cool like that, and we can.
“Yeah, now be quiet. I’ve got a hangover…still,” Colton mumbled.
“Don’t make me get tell them your secret…” Skye threatened.
In seconds, Colton’s arms unwound themselves from around me, and I was forced off of the couch. I hit the carpeted floor of the bus with a thug. My elbows made contact first, sending shooting pains through my arms.
“What the fuck!” I yelled. Colton was now sitting straight up, looking wide-eyed between Skye and me. “You better run,”
And just like that, he shot off of the couch, and I lunged at his feet. I knocked him down and crawled up to his waist to hold him down. He didn’t even get out of the living room. I pinned his hands above his head.
“Don’t hurt me!” He pleaded.
“Say you’re sorry!”
“I didn’t mean too!”
“Say it!”
“No! It was an accident…”
I gave him the evil eye and gathered some spit in my mouth.
“Apologize before I spit on your face!”
“You wouldn’t!”
“Try me!” I yelled.
“No! WHAT THE FUCK! KARMA!”
I smirked and stood up from his frame on the floor.
“I told you I would spit on you,” I stated, tugging down my shirt so that it wasn’t showing the bottom of my bra like it was a second ago. “Bitch got served,”
“That was nasty,” He called over his shoulder on the way to the bathroom.
“Serves your right,” I called back before rubbing my elbow. “That hurt,” I pouted.
“It’s okay, you poor baby,” Emmie stated, patting my cheek. I swatted her hand away.
“I’m not five.”
“Really? Cause you sureeeee do act like it,” Lyric winked.
“Coming from the girl who tackled me this morning? Yeah, I’m real childish,”
“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the couch,” Kyle playfully stated. I rolled my eyes at the drummer before attacking him in a hug. “Missed you too, Kar,”
“I did miss you,” I laughed. I got a good look around the front lounge. Lyle, Emmie, Lyric, Kyle, Jonathan, Caleb, Austin, Skye, and Zack were all standing there. “How are all of you fitting in here anyway? Where are we at?”
“One, this bus is huge,” Lyle explained, rolling his eyes. “And two, we’re at a McDonalds to get food.”
“I am kind of hungry,” I stated, looking down at my stomach. “but that doesn’t explain the where part very well.”
“We’re in Roswell, New Mexico,” Jonathan spoke up. “We’ve been on the road for about nine hours.”
“Gees!” I stated, stretching my limbs. “No wonder why I’m so sore,”
“That and Colton was sleeping beside you,” Lyric shrugged. “The boy loves to move around.”
“I know,” I rolled my eyes. “Stupid, guitar player,”
“Hey!” Caleb and Skye stated at the same time.
I rolled my eyes at him.
“Whatever, let’s go get some food, okay?”
“I’m down!” Emmie stated, linking arms with me and pulling me off of the bus before anyone else could reply. “Could that not be any more awkward?”
“I could’ve been naked,”
“This is true.”


“I can’t decide what to wear!” Lyric pouted inside our band’s dressing room. “I want to look cute, but I can never wear dresses,”
“Dresses aren’t that great to wear on stage anyway,” Emmie chimed in. “Trust me,”
“Ugh…this is so hard.” She stated. “Karma, help me!”
“Hang on, Ly. I’m still getting ready,” I laughed as I finished buttoning up my shorts. “Just wear this tank top and those shorts,”
“Okay,” Lyric stated before she started changing.
Emmie, you look adorable,” I stated.
“Thanks,” She replied. “ You look hot.”
I winked playfully.
“Why thank ya,”
“You remind me of a hardcore Ke$ha,” Emmie stated, staring at my outfit. “Just with less glitter,”
“Well I don’t spend a lot of money on glitter,” She rolled her eyes.
“How does this look guys?” Lyric asked us when she walked out of the dressing room.
“Karma, you’re good,”
I shrugged.
“I try,” I replied. “You look great, Lyric.”
“Thanks,” She beamed. “I can’t wear my wedding rings on stage though. I get blisters and cut’s enough from my sticks. I don’t need anymore because of my rings. Plus, I don’t want to damage them,”
“That’s a good reason though?” I offered up for her. She just shrugged. I giggled at the girl, and looked around the dressing room. “I’m ready when you guys are,”
“I am,” Emmie stated.
“Me too,” Lyric agreed.
The three of us walked out of our dressing room to meet up with the guys in their own. Standing inside was Lyle, Aiden(our guitar tech), Skye, Colton, and Ethan.
“There you three are,” Lyle rolled his eyes. “Come on and get in the circle. We’re about to do preshow warm ups.”
“What are we doing today?” Lyric asked her brother.
“I think we’re going to pray and sing a song together, altogether,” Skye replied. “Whatever Lyle decides really,”
“Dang it…” Emmie playfully whined.
After we prayed, and sang Rolling In The Deep by Adele, we were finally ready for stage. I led the pack toward the stage. I passed Cassadee and got a quick hug from her before we continued. Forever The Sickest Kids were waiting on the side of the stage, watching All Time Low finish their set. I reached for my hot pink guitar that I now use for almost every song that we play live. I don’t know why, but I’ve recently learned how much I love it instead of just running around stage all of the time. I grabbed my Hello Kitty guitar pick and stuck it in-between my teeth while I adjusted the strap.
“Damn girl! Work that guitar!” I lifted my head and Colton playfully wiggling his eyebrows at me. He caught the attention of some of the people standing side stage. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off. “When and where?”
“In your fucking dreams, obviously,” I stated sarcastically. “Go get in place.”
“You’re so mean!”
“You’re mom’s mean!” I called back, making Katie giggle. “Yeah, I’m good like that,”
“I wouldn’t exactly call that the best remark ever,” Caleb laughed. “But coming from you…that’s pretty good,”
“I’m beast, Caleb. You know this,” I stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world.
“You’re guitar is cute,” Katie laughed. “If I could play, my guitar would be that color,”
I smiled.
“I had a hard time choosing between hot pink or black. I ended up actually getting both guitars.” I shrugged. “I’m just excited to play it out there. It’s different than my old guitar.”
“Karma!”
“Yes, Lyle?” I huffed.
“I can’t find Skye’s guitar,”
“Are you kidding me?” I asked, furrowing my brows. “Wasn’t it under the bus?”
“Fuck! SKYLAR CLARK!” Lyle bellowed, turning toward the guitarist.
“Typical Skye,” I shook my head.
“Hey, babe, are you ready?”
“You know I’m ready,” I laughed at Emmie. “Been waiting for this day for a while if you ask me,”
“I’m so excited to play some of our new songs!” She gushed. “They’re SO different from the normal The District songs,”
“Amen to that,” I agreed.
It wasn’t long before All Time Low’s set was torn down and ours was up. Emmie and I huddled together praying some more. When it was time, she ran on stage to her keyboard, leaving me standing there. I took a deep breath, and ran out when it was my turn. The beat from Lyric started and we launched into Cheers To Us Not Making It. The rest of the set went great, and I excited to play older music.
“This song is called Feeling Sorry,” Skye stated before we started to play.

We still live the same town, well don't we?
But I don't see you around anymore.
I go to all the same places
Not even a trace of you.
Your days are numbered at 24.

And I'm getting bored waiting 'round for you.
We're not getting any younger.
And I won't look back 'cause there's no use.
Its time to move forward.

I feel no sympathy.
You live inside a cave
You barely get by, the rest of us are trying
There's no need to apologize
I've got no time for feeling sorry.

Well I try not to think of what might happen.
When your reality it finally cuts through.
Well as for me I got out and I'm on the road.
The worst part is that this, this could be you.

You know it too.
You can't run from your shame.
You're not getting any younger.
Time keeps passing by
But you wave it away.
Its time to roll over.

I feel no sympathy.
You live inside a cave.
You barely get by, the rest of us are trying.
There's no need to apologize
I've got no time for feeling sorry.

And all the best lies
they are told with fingers tied.
So cross 'em tight.
Won't you promise me tonight.
If its the last thing you do
you'll get out.

I feel no sympathy.
You live inside a cave.
You barely get by, the rest of us are trying.
There's no need to apologize
I've got no time for feeling sorry.

I feel no sympathy.
You live inside a cave.
You barely get by, the rest of us are trying.
There's no need to apologize
I've got no time.
I've got no time for feeling sorry.


“This is our last song of the night,” I started. “I wrote this song a while ago when we were on Warped Tour in 2009. It was awesome and we got to spend every day with two of the bands with us tonight. Thank you so much for coming out tonight! Give it up for Heeeyyyy Monday! How about Forever The Sickest Kids?! One more time for All Time Low! We’re The District, and we love you dearly. We’ll be out signing things after the set, so come by and say hello. This song is called The Middle,”
I knew where I was going when you left the room
You're the kinda guy that makes me want to
Follow through to you
I've been trying to leave you for the longest time
The second that I saw you I just knew I found my right guy

I like it [x6]
I wanna crash
I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle
Something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little
I just need a little cause I
Don't wanna be nowhere
But somethings makin' me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you

I like it [x6]

Losing my direction,
That's the way it should be
Feeling a connection
When you're standing next to me
I wanna be rolling
I just wanna be rolling with you.

All of the things you say
I like it
Taking me far away
I like it

I wanna crash
I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle
Something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little
I just need a little cause I
Don't wanna be nowhere
But somethings makin' me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you

Maybe you'll save me
You're gonna take me
From this crazy I've been painting
'Cause I just need a little
I just need a little
Somewhere in the middle with you

CRASH
I wanna fall
I wanna be somewhere in the middle.
Somewhere in the middle
Something
It's better than nothing
I just need a little
I just need a little cause I
Don't wanna be nowhere
But somethings making me go there
Somewhere in the middle with you

CRASH
FALL
I like it I like it
Somewhere in the middle with you


I felt light and free when I exited the stage, just how I should.
I missed touring more than I’ve missed something in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
FIRST CHAPTER!!!! WOOO!!!! I love this story already :))))

Please comment now :)

♥ RW