Status: For A Contest. Won't update much.

How Can You Do This To Me?

Secrets

Kelsey looked in her bathroom mirror frowning. She poked her belly, unhappy with her slight bulge. She sighed, She had to tell Caterena tonight, no matter what. They were best friends, what could happen? Cat would be there for her, right? Kelsey sighed as she pictured Cat in her head, slender, long blonde hair, usually in a bun, always wore these vintage sweaters, and a necklace with her name on it that Kelsey gave her back in the 5th grade. Kelsey smiled as she remembered the day she gave it to Cat. She could never find her name in those stores so Kelsey ordered her one, Cat was so shocked. Kelsey loves seeing Cat's eyes glow every time she looks at her necklace her bestfriend gave her. Would telling her be wrong? Would it change anything? Kelsey sighed and rubbed her arms, she was so confused.

"Kels!!!!!" squealed a familiar voice/

Kelsey smiled and turned to find Cat standing in her bathroom doorway, waiting for a hug. Kelsey walked over and wrapped her arms around Cat's waist, "Hello, Caterena. You're a bit early."

Cat smiled, wrapping her arms around Kelsey's shoulders, and leaned forward so that her and Kelsey's noses were touching, "Being early is my specialty. You should know this."

Kelsey rolled her eyes, "Fine. I got the tent!" squealed Kelsey as she grabbed her bags and a tent her father loaned them. They were going "camping" outside Cat's house. She lived just a bit out of town and it was dark enough to see the stars. It was nothing compared to the country but it was enough for two city girls. Kelsey took off to Cat's blue Beetle parked in the driveway, racing down the stairs to the door.

"HEY!! Come back here!" yelled Cat struggling to keep up.

"Come on slowpoke!" Snorted Kelsey as she shoved her stuff behind Cat's seat, and climbing in.

"I am lazy as fuck, and you are way too hyper Kels..." panted Cat as she climbed in the car.

"Oh come on, you are perfectly healthy, and I am fat." said Kelsey rolling her eyes.

Cat stopped trying to get her car cranked and glared at Kelsey. "You are fucking beautiful, don't call yourself fat Kels. You defiantly are not fat."

Kelsey blushed and looked out the window, "Sure thing Cat."

The ride was silent for the rest of the way as both girls suck deep into their thoughts. Kelsey chewed on her lip, still debating whether to tell Cat or not, when she realized they were close to Cat's house.

"My dad's new girlfriend is here so lets just go in the back way, kay?" said Cat glaring at the blue Nissan in her driveway, in her spot.

Kelsey just nodded, reaching for her stuff. She mentally shook her head at Cat. She absolutely hated Rashel, her dad's new girlfriend. She even refuses to use her name. You see, ever since they got together, her dad spent less and less time with her, and Caterena has some slight jealousy issues. Okay, she has alot, she once dumped a whole thing of glue on Kenny Petters head for talking to Sally Hausen while they were dating. Granted, she grew up with it just her and her dad, her mom died of cancer when Cat was 5.

"Kelsey! Earth to freako! Where is your head tonight?" asked Cat, snapping Kelsey out of her daydream.

"Sorry, spaced a bit." said Kelsey, jumping a bit.

Cat gave her a "no freaking duh" look, then turned and walked around the house to the backdoor, "Now, she might be asleep so just be quiet. Let's just grab the marshmallows and matches and such and go," said Cat slipping in the door like, well, a cat.

Kelsey nodded and grabbed a bag of marshmallows out of the cabinet, and went to find Cat's dad's stash of matches behind the microwave. She got them and turned to Cat. "Let's go."

"Hurry," whispered Cat slipping back out the door.

Kelsey snuck back out, and followed Cat out into the field behind her house. They seemed to travel for hours, but was really 10 minutes, before Cat stopped and dropped her bags, she grabbed in the house, on the ground. Kelsey breathed a sigh of relief and dropped her stuff as well and fell back on the slightly warm grass. A wind tousled her hair a bit, and she smiled as the last few rays of the sun hit her face, warming her up a bit. Cat smiled at Kelsey's evident joy, Kelsey has been all out of sorts lately, and unfortunately Cat knew why. Not that it bothered her, it was just, she didn't wanna ruin the friendship between them. She did love Kelsey, she just wasn't sure it was THAT way.

"I could sleep right now.." mumbled Kelsey, stretching a bit.

"No you aren't, we are setting up this tent now get up!" laughed Cat as she pulled Kelsey up, "Now, help me. I have no idea what I am doing!"

"Me either!" said Kelsey, grinning.

----

About a hour later, Kelsey stood back to see her and Cat's lovely handy work. The tent actually looked like a tent, it took a while though, and a few cuts and brusies. They did it though, not bad for two city girls.

"Come on!" squealed Caterena as she ducked inside the tent.

Kelsey ducked inside and sat on her sleeping bag, "Is is sleepy time yet? This tent was tiring."

"No, its Kelsey and Cat time. We never have it anymore," said Cat as she lit a lantern so they could see when the sun went down in a few minutes.

"We had Kelsey and Cat time last week!" protest Kelsey laying on her belly facing Cat.

Cat mirrored her, "Well, something is on your mind. You're 'spacing out' every other minute, and always biting your lip. Now come on!! We are bestfriends!!" pouted Cat, grabbing Kelsey's hand.

Kelsey looked down, and took a deep breath, "I do have something to tell you.."

Cat noticed Kelsey's demenior, and gasped softly. No, not here, not now...Please...Cat shook a bit. She needed to decide, yes or no.

Kelsey looked up at Cat, and sighed, and opened her mouth up to speak but was cut off by Cat. She looked at Cat confused.

"No, don't say it."

"Cat, I thought you wanted me to?" asked Kelsey, even more confused.

"Please..don't say it.." whispered Cat.

"I have to, Cat..." whispered back Kelsey.

"Please don't..."

"I have to."

Cat looked up at Kelsey, "I would rather you just kiss me instead..."

Kelsey let those words seep in, and looked at Cat even more confused. Cat rolled her eyes, and pulled Kelsey into a sweet kiss. Kelsey felt her heart leave her chest and float away, only to be captured by Cat's bright blue eyes once she looked at Kelsey went they broke apart. Cat smiled as she felt her heart do flips in her chest.

"I'm glad you said something, Cat," said Kelsey smiling broadly.

"Me too.." whispered Cat, leaning in for another kiss,
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like it, I am so happy that I got inspired again!! I haven't been this happy in days. Thank you wonderful reader, you just reading this made my day!!
Love you guys!!
<3 Tori

1190 words