Status: Active

Not Your Every Razorblade Romance...

Prologue

I want to start this story somewhere interesting, but I feel like you may not be interested unless you understand a little about me first.

I'm not a amazingly talented person that has as horrible family or a abusive boyfriend. I am a writer and sometimes doodler, I love dancing and singing...so I'm just me: Miriah Silver Moon-Wolf (pronounced like: Mai-rah)

Don't blame me for my strange name. My parents were hippies (still are..) and besides the teasing when I was a kid, I always loved having such a ridiculous last name. I am also one full quarter Cherokee, my grandmother was full Cherokee and my mother half. I was born on a reservation in Ohio 1991, March second. I am a true Pieces, I'm a complete space-cadet, so if I start to ramble please forgive me.

I grew up on the reservation for most of my childhood. I learned very little about my culture during that time unfortunately. When I turned nine, we moved to California, me, my mother and father and my younger brother, Edgar. Life wasn't easy, we lived out of a beat up motor-home that could barely fit two people. Some how we made it work. Mom knew how to make whole meals from the food we received from the food-bank and my father would often trade his carpenter skills in exchange for us to have a place to park the motor-home.Edgar showed an early interest in playing music and I danced. One summer when we couldn't find a new place to park, we just keep driving and traveled up and down the north coast. We started in Santa Cruz and ended up in Portland. We stayed in Portland, mom and dad got real jobs, they opened an organic trade stand. You could pay in crash for organic food and other goods, or you could bring something of equal value to trade.

It was not exactly a normal childhood, but it was good enough for me. My parents loved me, and never made me feel like I wasn't good enough. I know I was lucky to have them, even though I had a lonely childhood. I never would have fit in school anyway.

I loved Portland, I loved the little run down house we brought and remodeled. I love the old fashion tree swing that my dad made me. I loved the herb and vegetable garden my mom made. I loved my room with it's mermaid mural we painted together.

However, like all young adults I knew when it was time to move out. First I worked on looking for a job. I found a site online that found publishers that were looking for books on the subject you were writing. I found many companies interested in my idea, but most of them weren't based in the states. The reply I received from the Helsinki printing co. shocked me. The CEO of the company, Janne Murasaki had e-mailed be back with a offer I couldn't refuse.

Dear Miss Sliver Moon-Wolf,

I have personally read your transcript, and I thought it was completely brilliant! I want to sign you to do the book if it sells, I'll sign you on for more. I would like to meet you in person and discuss you possibly moving here to Finland. I realize this is an extreme, but you have a gift for writing and I want to give you a chance to have your work published.

Sincerely,
Janne Murasaki


So to Finland I went.
♠ ♠ ♠
A re-write of one of my older stories. Constructive Criticism please.

Thank you for reading.