Status: Everything is updated! I'll start adding chapters this week!

The Devil's Daughter

04. Castiel

“So what? She has an eye to eye with Mr. Wings and suddenly she’s all big, bad ass, and blond. Anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?” Dean demanded, turning stony green eyes on his brother.

“Dude, weird is kind of our thing,” Sam replied, cocking a brow at his brother, “Plus, I thought you liked blonds.”

“I like woman Sam, not little high school girl.” Dean grumbled, "She can't be more then what? Sixteen? Dude, when she showed up, she was scared shitless. She's not a hunter, she's a kid."

“I’m twenty-fucking-three thank you very much.” Krysti hissed in Dean’s direction as she walked in the room carrying three cups of coffee. The sun was slowly rising over the horizon as they sat in Krysti’s kitchen. They’d been talking, or more like arguing since lunch time the day before. Dean doing most of the arguing.

“Yea, well you look like your in middle school,” Dean informed her, rolling his eyes.

“And you look like a horses ass, but you don’t hear me acting like a bitch about it.” Krysti shrugged.

“Fuck you,” Dean glared at her, “I’m friggin adorable.”

“Alright kids,” Sam said, raising his hands which shut them both up, “While I do find this love fest slightly amusing, we do have a case to work. Dean, because Castiel obviously thinks we need to be here. And Krysti, relax with Dean’s ego, it’s a little tender.” Sam said, playful smile on his face.

“Obviously.” Krysti snickered as she sipped her coffee.

“I need a beer.” Dean hissed, turning away from the two of the m and heading into the kitchen.

“Seriously Dean? Were on a case.” Sam hollered to his brothers retreating back.

“We’re always on a case,” Dean retorted, causing Sam to shake his head.

“Is he always that up tight?” Krysti asked, raising a brow at Sam.

“Nah, it’s just been a rough time.” Sam replied, shaking his head.

“Sam, I know rough time ‘kay? I’ve seen it. That ain't rough. That's just pissy. Maybe a little crazy.” She informed him.

“Dean's not crazy.” Sam asked, frowning a little as he glanced at the kitchen door that Dean had disappeared through.

“Sam, I've seen that look before okay? I know how it is when people snap. Dean looks pretty damn close."

"Really? You've barely known him a day and your already diagnosing him? You don't know him Krysti." Sam said, shaking his head at the girl.

“It doesn’t take long to learn crazy Sam.” Krysti mumbled, a frown creeping onto her lips.

“He’s not crazy Krysti, he’s just hurting. We’re all hurting.” Sam replied softly.

“Whatever you say,” She replied, sipping her mug and giving him a reprehensive look.

“What, I leave for two damn minutes and you two have already turned this into a slumber party? You gonna braid each other’s hair and talk about boys to?” Dean mumbled as he walked back in.

“Dean,” Sam said, wide eyed at his brother.

“Oh it’s okay Sammy, I can take up for myself Personally, I think you’d look cute in pigtails Deanie,” Krysti smirked.

“So Krysti, when did these things first start appearing?” Sam asked, rolling his tired eyes.

“About two years ago.” Krysti told him, turning serious.

“You’ve been fighting these things two year?” Dean questioned, his eyes lifting in surprise.

“You sound almost impressed.” Krysti smirked slightly.

“Impressed your still alive.” Dean muttered.

“Yea, well, I learned from the best." She returned, humming a little.
"The best?" Dean asked, lifting a brow at her.

"Yea, my granddad was hunter, maybe you’ve heard of him . Parker Daniels.” She said, smirking a little, obviously proudly.

“Parker Daniels?” Sam asked, sitting up a little, making both Dean and Krysti look at him.

"You’ve heard of him?” Both Dean and Krysti asked at the same time.

“Yea, he’s in dad’s journal.” Sam replied, standing up ad moving toward the duffle bag they had unloaded earlier. He sat down his coffee mug and began digging through it until he found the old leather bound book that looked like it was about to fall apart. Dean and Krysti joined him, watching over his shoulder as he flipped carefully through the old book.

“Here,” He said after a minute, tapping one of the pages with his index finger. “It looks like your grand dad and our dad worked several cases together back in the early nineties.” Krysti didn’t say anything, just ran one finger across the yellow stained paper. Dean peered over Sam’s shoulder down at the faded pictures and newspaper clippings that lined the page.

“Looks like they were working a string of possessions.” Dean said, continuing to read John Winchester’s scribble.

"I remember grandpa talking about this place.” Krysti said a strange smile on her face,
“He never mentioned your dad though.”

“Wonder why.” Dean said, frowning a bit.

“Don’t know, but it didn’t seem like the case was a big one,” Sam replied, carefully flipping the page of the old book, frowning a little when he did. In the middle of the two pages was a long, crinkled line where another page had been.

“Well, that’s interesting.” Dean said, frowning a bit.

“No shit Sherlock.” Krysti mumbled, frowning. Sam flipped the pages a few more times before running across the name again.

“Here’s another case. Looks like a vampire coven.” Sam commented, looking at the pictures.

“That’s my eighteenth Birthday.” Krysti said, wide-eyed, her voice a whisper.

“Something special about that?” Dean asked, glancing over at Krysti before turning back to the page, “Oh.” He responded slightly, sighing a little at two names scribbled on the journal entry under deceased.

“My parents went missing a few days before,” Krysti told them, “Mom never talked about what happened, but dad didn’t come home. Neither did granddad.”

“I’m sorry,” Sam said beside her. Her face contorted and scrunched a bit into an unrecognizable emotion.

“Yea, well, whatever. It doesn’t matter.” She said after a minute, closing the journal and stepping back, “I’m going to go put on a fresh pot of coffee.” She said, stalking off toward the kitchen.

“Crap.” Dean sighed.

“Should I go talk to her?” Sam asked, frowning.

"No, I got this one.” Dean said, sighing as he patted his brother on the shoulder, “You get to your research or whatever.” The eldest Winchester moved easily into the kitchen, following
Krysti. She was leaning against the counter, her back turned to him.

“You okay?" Dean asked, leaning against the other side of the counter, already regretting leaving Sam outside.

“Fine.” Krysti snapped, making Dean roll his eyes.

“I’m sorry about your dad and your granddad.” Dean said slowly, his eyes focusing on the counter.

“I said it doesn’t matter.” She told him coldly, straightening herself up and moving over toward the coffee pot, starting to make a fresh pot of coffee.

“Don’t be a bitch,” Dean grumbled a minute before sighing, “It matters. Their family, so it matters. I know something about that.” She turned blue eyes on him. They were brimmed with tears, but she wasn’t crying. Great. Just fucking great.

“Yea, so what, you want to compare stories and say everything will be okay? Life sucks Dean and we’re stuck in the middle of it.” She told him harshly.

“That’s an understatement,” Dean nodded slightly, “And sometime we have to deal, because if we don’t, we screw up even more and even more people get hurt.”

“Something else you know about?” Krysti asked, raising a brow.

“Sure, “ Dean shrugged a little. He so didn’t want to have this conversation. He hated these moments.

“Who did you lose?” She questioned, curiously.

“I lost my dad. He sold his soul to the devil to save my life. Then I lost my brother. Twice.” He told her, running a hand over his head. "And my mom. My girlfriend. Te next best thing I had to a dad. Want me to keep going?"

“You didn’t lose Sam,” Krysti said, eyeing him, “He’s right in the next room.”

“I know. He came back, both times.” He told her, “The first time, this jackass shot him thinking he was saving the word. So I sold my soul to the devil to bring him back. “Second time, he threw himself into a cage to save the world from going to hell. It’s a long fucked up
story, so let’s not go into details. He came back, a little soulless, but he's fixed now. For the most part.”

“Damn, and I thought my family was screwed.” Krysti said, shaking her head.

“Yea, well, It doesn’t get better.” He told her, shaking his head.

“How do you deal?” She asked, looking down at him.

“I lose myself in beer, fried food and woman.” He told her, grinning slightly, "I'm a jackass and I know it. But it's better then sitting around and moping over things I can't change."

“Oh ugh, not something I need to imagine.” She said, shaking her head, though she laughed.

“Oh come on, you know I’m adorable.” Dean said, giving her one of his goofy grins.

“In your dreams,” Krysti said, rolling her eyes.

“And a lot of other girls,” He said, his grin widening.

“Were they drunk or just stupid?” Krysti asked, “Don’t answer that, I’d rather not hear stories.”

“So your good then?” Dean asked when he finished laughing, looking over at Krysti.

“Peaches and cream,” She replied, flashing him a smile. Dean knew she was lying, but he didn’t dare argue. That last thing he needed was a girl crying on his shoulder. That was more Sam’s thing.

“Alright, well, I’m going to go make sure Sammie isn’t playing in your nail polish or something.” He said, grinning a bit as she laughed.

“I’ll bring the coffee when it’s ready.” She told him, he nodded and headed back towards the living room.

“Dean?” Sam called, as he walked in.

“What’s up Sammy?” Dean asked, walking over to where his brother sat on the couch, still sifting through their dad’s journal.

“Check this out.” Sam said, holding up faded yellow pages. Dean frowned.

“Dude, did you rip something out of dad’s journal?” He asked, raising a brow.

“No,” Sam replied quickly, “I found these hidden in the flaps.”

“The missing pages?” Dean guessed, moving over to sit beside Sam so he could get a better look.

“Yea, check this out, look familiar?” He asked, holding up one of the pages. A picture was tapped to the page of two twin baby girls dressed in pink, a woman and a man sat on either side.

“That’s Krysti and her sister.” Dean said instantly, recognizing the picture from the dozens that lined the hunters home, “Who are those two?”

“Her parents apparently.” Sam replied, pointing to a description. Dean narrowed his eyes a minute as he read the photo.

"Those aren't the faces lining the fridge." Dean commented.

"Obviously." Sam replied, nodding a little.

“Your telling me that Krysti is adopted?” He asked, lowering his voice, “What happened to her real parents?”

“Apparently they went Dark Side. Parker and dad had no choice. “ Sam said, his eyes scanning the pages,

“Crap,” Dean said running his hand over his buzz cut, “This complicates things.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited!