Status: Everything is updated! I'll start adding chapters this week!

The Devil's Daughter

.05 The Devil's In the Details

"So what do we do?" Sam asked, looking up at Dean. "How do we tell her?"

"Tell her what? That her whole life has pretty much been a lie and that her parents were evil, sadistic bastards?" Dean asked, shaking his head. "No, we don't tell her shit."

"Dean, we can't not tell her!" Sam replied, frowning.

We'll tell her Sammy, cool your balls. Just not yet, there's something we're missing. We just tell her when we get the full story." He said easily.

"And how do you plan on doing that?" Sam asked curiously, lifting a brow at his older brother.

Who is usually the only one of us who ever seems to know what's going on?" He asked, humming a little. Sam frowned a second as he thought.

"Castiel." Sam replied easily.

"Exactly. You keep princess Buffy busy and I'll go have chat with our favorite Angel." He said, giving his brother a wink before heading out the door. Dean sighed as he stepped onto the back porch of the house. He glanced around the neighbor hood a little, humming to himself. The place looked like something out of Pleasantville or whatever. Near every house was lined with white picket fences and perfect little flower gardens. Every other house or so, kids were playing on the front lawn. Dean shook his head. People could be so dam oblivious sometimes. If they had any idea what was going on in the world, people wouldn't let their kids go anywhere alone.

"Castiel," Dean spoke softly, heaving a little sigh as he did so. "We know what happened with Krysti's parents. We just need more details What are we doing here? Why is she so important?" He asked, his eyes scanning back and forth across the grounds. At first, he was met by only silence and for a second, he thought he had no answer. Then, a familiar sound of fluttering wings filled the air, though it lasted only a second. Dean tilted his head to the side, his eyes landing easily on the angel.

"Dean."

"Castiel. What's up?" Dean asked, leaning against the railing of the back porch as he observed the trench coated angel.

"I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. Krysti didn't fall on our radar until about a year ago." Castiel informed him.

"Because?" Dean asked, lifting a brow.

"When we first noticed it, we thought it was just some random glitch. About a year ago we noticed a Exodus of creatures. They came from everywhere, but they all ended up in one little small town."

"Let me guess. This small town?" Dean asked, "Where Krysti lives?"

"Precisely." Castiel nodded. Dean sighed.

"Alright. So what does it mean?" He questioned, looking over at the angel.

"We're not sure. We know about her parents and yours and I don't think that it is a coincidence." Castiel explained.

"When is it ever?" Dean grumbled, shaking his head.

"Your upset." Castiel noted. Dean just grunted, but didn't give him a proper response.

"So what are we suppose to do? Baby sit Buffy while you figure out what the hell she is?" He demanded, giving the angel a glare.

"Well, yes." Castiel said, nodding in turn.

"Great, just frigging' great." Dean groaned, rubbing his face.

"Is something wrong Dean?" Castiel questioned.

"No, everything's frigging fantastic," He said, rolling his eyes.

"I sense sarcasm in your voice." The angel stated, his own voice flat and even.

"No duh." Dean snapped, pushing a hand through his hair.

"Why?" Castiel wondered.

"Because this is screwy," Dean growled, "It's all fucking screwy."

"We're doing our best Dean." Castiel stated evenly.

"I know," Dean grumbled. "Any idea what things are attacking out here? Or how to kill them?"

"Those we do have an idea on. Their called Shades. Their from Greek Mythology. Their soldiers from Hell. Literally a new bread of demons."

"Oh just fucking great." Dean moaned. "And we kill them how?"

"I'm still working on that." Castiel replied, "Sorry."

"Yeah, whatever." Dean mumbled, shaking his head. "Let us know when you get something." Finished with the conversation, he strode foreword and opened the door to the house, stepping inside and ignoring the soft flutter of wings that meant that Castiel had disappeared.

"Hey." Dean murmured as he stepped back into the living room. Krysti and Sam had been talking and laughing about something, Dean assumed it was himself, at the way the laughter abruptly stopped when he entered the room

"Enjoy your walk?" Krysti asked curiously. Dean just shrugged, picking up the beer he'd left behind and taking a long sip.

"You know, considering everything that's going on, I don't think that this is the time to be scouting off on our own." Krysti commented, her eyes on Dean.

"Yeah, but we're experienced hunters Krysti." Sam replied, "We can handle ourselves."

"She's right," Dean cut in looking at Sam, "Nobody goes anywhere alone." He ordered simply.

"Must've been some walk." Sam murmured, a small frowned curling on his lips.

"Yeah, it was. Sam, I need to talk to you." Dean murmured, moving into the kitchen.

"Oh yes, run off and talk about me behind my back. No offense taken." Krysti said, rolling her eyes, causing Dean to do the same.

"Who says we'd be talking about you?" He snapped back loud enough for her to hear as he leaned against the counter.

"So what did Castiel say?" Sam asked, his voice low as soon as he entered the kitchen.

"Not a whole hell of a lot." Dean said, shaking his head.

"What else is new." Sam said, shaking his head. "We're back at square one."

"I didn't say that." Dean murmured. "Turns out that something here is drawing bad asses from across the world or whatever, but of course, the angels have no idea what it is."

"What else is new." Sam said, shaking his head. "And the things we were fighting last night?"

"Shades or somethin' another from Greek mythology. No idea how to kill them yet." Dean informed him quickly.

"Awesome," Sam sighed. "So what do we do?"

"Hang tight and keep people safe." Dean said, shrugging.

"Like the good little soldiers we are." Sam sighed and Dean just nodded, taking a long sip of the beer in his hand.

"Well, come on little bro. We've got work to do." He mumbled, heading back into the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've combined it into 5 chapters instead of 7 so far. If you have already read the beginning, you should go back and REREAD it because I have added information that will be important in the next few chapters.