Autumn Season

3/3

"J-Jake!" I shrieked and before I knew it, I'd pointed at him and hollered a spell, "petrificus totalus!" He was as stiff as stiff could be and fell back against the hay bales, looking at me with those dark bloody eyes... What was he? Why didn't I sense that he was something otherworldly like myself?

"I want to hear him explain, give him a voice again!" I pointed towards his mouth and he opened it wide, I could see fangs... I jumped back somewhat, knowing he was still paralyzed other than his mouth however...

"What did you do to me?!" He asked in a rather aggravated tone of voice.

"What happened to you?!" I answered him with a question.

Rolling his eyes, "isn't it obvious what I am, Lulu?" His voice was still velvet.. "I got bit at twelve, that's why we left. I killed my own fucking Father out of blood lust. I've been trying to get it under control.. I wanted to come back for you... and I thought I was healthy enough I could.. but I didn't expect you to fall so easily into my arms, loving me like you used to.. I figured you'd keep your distance."

"How could I not Jake? Just seeing you gives me goosebumps, hearing your voice..."

"sends chills down your spine. I'm a vampire.. you're a human, we have captivation powers over all of you.. it's how we can lure you in so easily and take your life," he explained and I smirked a bit,

"I look human but I'm not. I'm a witch,"

"still human enough to be affected," he shot me down in flames. I found myself getting angry at the fact he was comparing me with humans. I was supposed to be something special and unique, yet here he is...a vampire in the cold undead flesh, trying to tell me I was human enough...

The hay bale underneath him caught flame and I knew it was my doing.. he screamed in pain, still being fully bound so I grabbed his arm and tugged him up, the leather had protected him. "That could have killed me you stupid witch! Fire and vampires don't mix!"

"Like I had control of it!" I hissed venom towards him and unbound him, if he wanted a go at it, let's go for it. I had no objections. Within seconds he had disappeared... they had super speed, of course. And they also had super hearing...

"Jake, I don't want to fight." My voice was calm, cool, collected. "You're different. So am I. Do you think that made me fall out of love with you? Four years... you can't fall out of love with someone in three seconds."

I felt fingers start to trickle through my hair from behind me, his arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me in, his head nuzzling into my neck.. My heart rate increased once more... but I wasn't afraid. I wasn't afraid that he'd hurt me. I was excited.

"Let's go to the party," he whispered into my ear and I turned my head towards his,

"but what about... all the people? Won't you be too tempted?" I asked and he shrugged it off slightly, grinning and bearing his fangs at me.. I had to admit, he'd never looked so devilishly sexy a day in his life and especially in leather...

"With you there.. as long as I don't bite you, I'm sure I won't bite anyone else.. Your blood is the only blood I want." It would probably have sent a normal person running, but I blushed rather heavily and turned in his arms, raising up on my tip toes and pressing my lips against his.

All my worries had dissolved. I loved Jake and I was sure he loved me.. We were both different, so there was no running away from what one another was. I'm sure that one day I could find something that could help us.. either make him not crave me so badly, or make me immune to his bites..

I was a witch, he was a vampire. At that point I firmly believed, that when it was Halloween, anything is possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 693