‹ Prequel: Irresistible Player
Status: Finished One-shot For Contest

Without Love

Part 2/3: Sharing a kiss

He had picked me up exactly on time and now we were in front of the bar.

“Why here?” I asked as I looked at him. This was where we went eight days ago because I wanted to clear my mind and we all know what happened after. Why did he bring me here of all places? Was I right to think that this was my chance?

“Yeah, here.” His said and his face was bright. He looked serious as his eyes shone with excitement. He grabbed my hand and said, “Let’s go!”

“Why don’t we go somewhere else?” I asked him as my arm tingled while he led me to the doors. We got our hand stamped as we walked in.

“Nope, we’ll stay here. After a few drinks, you won’t care about the place!” He waved his hand to the bartender. The young bartender walked over to us. He was quite handsome with his emerald green eyes and black hair, his lips a dark red.

“What would you guys like to have?” The bartender asked as I zoned out. Keith ordered for us and I walked over to a small round table. Only one guy danced on the stage and he didn’t look really good. His shirt was unbuttoned, his eyes glassy. He had too many drinks for the night but he wasn’t the only one.

“Come on, let’s dance!” Keith pulled me towards the stage.

“No.” My voice was stern as I let my dead weight fall onto the seat. “Absolutely not.” I added.

“Come on.” He pleaded and with a mighty tug, he pulled me from my seat. The result was me falling onto him.

“I haven't even finished my drink!” I replied as I struggled to get out of the firm grip he had on me.

“Who cares?! I want to remember this!” He pulled me to the DJ and he turned to me asking, “Which song?”

“I don't care.” I snapped. He asked for the song he wanted to dance with me and minutes later my favorite song came up. From then on we were dancing for hours.

When I realized Keith had too much to drink after many hours later, I decided to take him home. I paid for our drinks and managed to get him out of the bar and take a cab. When we had reached out of his house, I pulled him out of the cab.

“Keith, you’re so drunk.” I told him stating the obvious.

“I know.” His words were sewn together. We were already in front of his apartment. The brick building towered above us and we stood there in awkward silence. “Melissa.” He whispered my name, his voice was weak.

I turned my head to look at him and he gently pressed his lips against mine. They were chapped and stained with the taste of stale beer. I was tense and my eyes were wide open starring at his eye lids. My brain was whirling a million miles per hour but I gave into temptation as my lips moved with his. Oh my God, the kiss felt like Heaven. My heart was beating pretty loudly but I pulled away because I knew he was drunk and he would regret it. My head was shaking.

“No…” My voice was weak. “No. I can't do this.” He pulled me in for a kiss again and I melted. I wasn’t able to believe it… I wanted him for so damn long and this was how it happens? My heart was ready to burst out of my chest because I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to breathe so I pulled away desperate.

‘’Why?’’ I asked trembling against his chest. He made me look into his eyes and he mumbled something I didn’t hear. I sigh escaped my lips, I was ready to cry and tears were already forming on my eyes. ‘’I have to go!’’ I said and with that I left.

I took off down the street leaving Keith standing alone in front of his apartment. The cab was nowhere in sight so I had to go pick another one. I glanced back at Keith and he still stood there. I received weird looks from pedestrians as I flew home. I was weightless. My feet never touched the ground. I felt so unreal.

It wasn't until I reached my apartment building…once I collapsed inside my house did I feel like me again. I was angry at myself for running away from him when I finally had the chance to be happy but he was drunk and I didn’t want him to avoid me again.