Red Scars Shimmer on Your China Skin

They're coming! They're coming!

I wish I could fly away. Somewhere so far that I’ll be scared. So far that the pain will make me breathe again. Instead I’m still here, waiting for ya to come home, waiting for your forgiveness because life is such a bitch I couldn’t even remember my last name.

It's seven and a half and still you’re not back Frankie. The stomach growls. I'm hungry. You always alerts when you’re late, you always leave the dinner ready. I cannot even use the microwave. I smile. I can no longer do anything. I walk over to the fridge and I open it. There's pistachio ice cream left. I check that has not expired. I lean against the kitchen counter and with a spoon taken directly from the sink I begin to eat. My mind is blank. Some flash of light, some voices, a passion for comic books is all that fills it. The rest is just empty. I detach myself from the counter and turn on the stereo. At least the music filled me a little. I don’t know which CD there is, but I hear some laughter. Then a melody, is an acoustic guitar. I don’t notice the spoon on the floor, don’t realize I've dropped even the ice cream. I don’t see the footprints of pistachio on the volume knob. I turn it up, up, up till I can. It echoes in the empty house that guitar and that voice and those words. “You can run away with me anytime you want…”
And there's so much sun, suddenly before my eyes, and there is snow outside the window and close to the microphone, close to my hands, white and smooth, there is a steaming cup of coffee. There are your initials. Oh I loved to drink from your cup, while you never touched mine! And in front of that microphone you're there and you have nothing on. Only your huge smile and a guitar and that ink that adorns you. And I know we just made love and I know that I'm leaving. It's the last time that my hands are so smooth against your skin. My skin, I see it so clear, like milk.
My eyes fog up for the tears flowing down like all the love that I know I have felt for you. I feel my heart beating frantically, my lips waiting for yours, for your taste, your saliva. And then you drop the cup and the volume is so high it’s a huge bang. And I sink down and I scream as loud as I can. They’re coming! They’re coming! Shelter yourselves!
And that glare of snow turns into my hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I have any whish, I'll wish you to leave a comment.
Love G.