On My Own

Two

The next morning, I really hated that I lived in a sunny state. My head was pounding and I was trying to keep my eyes closed for as long as possible. Slowly, I opened my eyes and started stretching. My headache got worse, but there had to be a Walgreens somewhere around here. I sat up and glared at the empty bottle of Smirnoff.

“Why are you so tempting?” I asked as I pulled my jeans from yesterday on and a black t-shirt. I ran a brush through my hair and went into the bathroom. I did my business and brushed my teeth. I found my glasses on the floor and put them on. I slid on my flip flops before leaving my hotel room. I went to the front desk and grabbed a business card. I asked where there was a Walgreens and where Huntington High School was and the receptionist gave me a little map.

I got Tylenol from Walgreens, along with a can of lemonade Rockstar. I followed the directions to Huntington High School and found it pretty easily. I walked into the main office and introduced myself to the secretary. “I’m supposed to pick up my registration papers,” I explained to her. “I’m transferring from Portland.”

“Oh, yes. Your mother called and explained the other day that you were going to be picking them up,” she said, nodding her head with a sympathetic look in her eyes. She thought my mother had some disease so she couldn’t come register me herself. “I’ll be right back.” I nodded and glanced around the room. In large, orange, paint Huntington Beach Oilers was painted against the wall behind the secretary’s desk. I rolled my eyes. “Here we are!” I jumped and clutched onto my can of Rockstar for dear life. “Sorry, didn’t mean to startle you!”

“It’s fine. I’m just out of it this morning,” I told her, taking a sip of the energy drink. “When do you need the papers?” She told me the first day of school and gave me the registration fee. I pulled out my wallet and handed her the cash. “I’ll have these for you in two days.” The secretary nodded and I stuffed the papers in my bag.

I was on a mission when I left the school. I needed some clothes and supplies. Not to mention I really needed to get myself a cell phone. I walked around and found a shopping center. I bought a couple pairs of jeans, shirts and two dresses. I bought myself gym clothes and gym shoes. I bought a pair of ballet flats and school supplies. After I was done buying my clothes and school stuff, I got a prepaid phone and headed back to the hotel.

Matt’s number was glaring at me. It was getting close to six o’clock. My phone was almost charged and I already turned it on. I programmed the number and decided to give him a call. After three rings, he answered. “Hello? Matt’s phone, Brian speaking.” I laughed lightly.

“Hey, Matt gave me his number yesterday at the liquor store…” my voice trailed off and I heard smacking sound followed by an ‘owe!’ “Anyone there?”

“Hey, Adeline,” Matt greeted. “You called!”

“Did you think I wouldn’t? I mean, you did by me vodka,” I giggled into the phone. “I was wondering if you’d like to hang out. I’m new here and still learning my way around here. I was wondering if you’d like to be my tour guide.”

Matt agreed and we agreed on a meeting place near my hotel. I applied some eyeliner under my eyes and fluffed my hair. I slid my bag over my shoulder and left my hotel room. I walked down to the liquor store where I had met Matt and found him leaning against his truck.

“Hey,” I called, giving a wave. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek. “What’s the plan?”

“Hop in.” Matt grinned, leading me to the passenger side and opening the door for me. He helped me up and got into the drivers’ seat. Matt began driving down towards the downtown area. He pulled up to a pizzeria and parallel parked in front. We got out and Matt led me inside. We sat at a booth and I ordered a soda while Matt ordered a beer. Matt ordered us a pizza, talking quietly to the waiter so I wouldn’t hear. “This is the most amazing pizza you’ll ever eat.”

I rolled my eyes and sipped my Pepsi. Matt and I did the normal ice-breakers, asking about what we liked to do, friends, favorite bands. Matt asked where I was from and I gave him my Portland story, just minus having a ‘sick mom’. Our pizza came and Matt was right; the pizza was amazing.
Matt insisted on paying and we left the pizzeria. We drove down to the boardwalk Matt grabbed a blanket from the bed of his truck. “I bet you take all the pretty girls here,” I teased, taking the blanket from him. Matt shook his head and wrapped an arm around me.

“Only the special ones,” he told me. He led me down the boardwalk and we played a couple games. Matt won me a teddy before we started walking down the beach. Matt picked a spot and I spread the blanket out on the sand. He laid down next to me and put his arm on my hip. I leaned up and softly pressed my lips against his. He kissed me back instantly, moving his hand down to my bottom. I bit down on his bottom lip, earning a growl. I pulled away to take a breath of air. After a few seconds, Matt’s lips crashed against mine again and I rested my hand on his cheek. “Does this mean we’ll go out again?”

“Aren’t I supposed to call the shots since I’m the one who asked you out?” I giggled, pressing our lips together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sad, tomorrows the last day we have this sexy substitute teacher. He's tall, buff and his voice is hot. Seriously. At east I have over two hours with him:) Speaking of teachers, my ex-social science/current issues teacher gave me the best news in the world! Me "Hey mr g" "Hey Natalie, howre you?" "Good. Howre you?" "Good" "Hows your wife?" "Shes good. You know shes pregnant right?" "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" hehe:) Ive been waiting over two years for her to get knocked up by him. I used to ask him EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Sorry for my randomness but I found this out like barely an hour ago.

Thoughts? Comments? Random stories you'd like to share?