On My Own

Five

I decided against grabbing a lunch and sat down at a table. A few minutes later, Stephanie joined me. The cafeteria ladies had given her something, I just had no idea what is was. “I think your food’s going to eat you,” I giggled. She poked it with a fork and we watched as a bubble popped.

“There is no way I am eating that,” Stephanie said, reaching across her plate and grabbing the apple. “Do you want to try it?” I shook my head and told her I wasn’t in the mood to die from questionable lunch food. She laughed. “What was up with you and Mr. Sanders the other day?”

“What do you mean?” I questioned, taking her fork and poking her food. We watched for a moment as it bubbled again. “Never trust a food from a school that’s mascot is the Oilers.” She laughed again and took a bite of her apple.

“You two just keep looking at each other.” Stephanie shrugged. “It’s a little weird since it’s constantly happening. I don’t think you two even realize it.” I giggled and rolled my eyes. “You two would make a cute couple.”

“He’s my teacher,” I said, even though I didn’t care about our age difference or that he was my teacher and this had been the best week of my life. Stephanie rolled her eyes. “Alright, I’ll admit he’s hot. His hotness with mine would create very sexy babies.” She snorted and nodded.

“Just imagine getting into those pants,” she said. “Or him out of his shirt! I heard he has tattoos!” I giggled since I knew all about the tattoos. When Matt was at school, he always had long-sleeves on. He probably wore them to hide the tattoos and so he wouldn’t get in trouble for having so many. “What’re you doing this weekend?”

“Job applying, going out with my boyfriend,” I explained.

“Who’s your boyfriend?” Stephanie asked.

“His name’s Matt. He’s a hunk! I met him my first night here and we’ve hung out almost every day since,” I told her. “What’re you up to this weekend?”

“Awe! That’s so cute,” she giggled. “Working; this girl decided to go a-wall because she had to work tomorrow so I have to take her shift. She should just get fired. What’d she think? She was going to get hired and then paid for doing nothing?” I laughed and the bell rang. “Have fun with Mr. Sanders!”

“I will!” I called, heading towards his classroom. Matt was sitting at his desk with the classroom television on. “Police are still looking for Brittany Perkins, the teenager that disappeared over a week ago. Police believe that the teenager was kidnapped while going shopping in downtown Los Angeles. Police are urging anyone who has any information to let them know.” I bit my lip as a picture of Brittany Perkins came on the screen.

“Poor girl,” Matt sighed before switching the station to cartoons. I sat down at my desk in front. “Alright, this is the deal. You guys work and I’ll keep the TV on. If you guys only stare at the TV, it goes off. Sound good?” The class agreed. I pulled out my Calculus homework and groaned. Matt chuckle and I glared at him. “Do you need help?” I nodded and he motioned for me to come over to his desk.

I picked up my textbook and notebook and walked over to Matt’s desk. He took the books from me and I sat in his computer chair. “Calculus is pointless,” I told him.

“No it’s not, I managed to pass it,” he said. Matt took a look at my homework and started helping me with the first few problems. A student came over and asked for a bathroom pass. Matt told me to try the next one by myself and wrote out the pass. I started writing out the problem. Matt checked my answer and told me I got it right. I bumped my knee with his. I smiled and thanked him before taking my stuff and going back to my actual desk.

I finished my Calculus and started thinking about my date later tonight with Matt. We were going to his house and watching movies. I had offered to cook dinner, which Matt was excited about since he didn’t know I knew how to cook. He told me that his dog, Bella, was excited to meet me and I couldn’t wait to see where Matt lived.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I saw Matt giving me a grin. I rolled my eyes and opened up my magazine. I pulled my phone and held it between me and the magazine. ‘Tonight’s going to be amazing’. I rolled my eyes. ‘Do I still get in trouble for phones in class when it’s the teacher who’s texting me? And I can’t wait to meet Bella’ I saw him start thinking and snickered. ‘Don’t hurt yourself’ I giggled and pressed send.

Yes, you do get in trouble. I should take your phone away because I’m allowed to have mine you aren’t’ Matt texted me. I rolled my eyes. ‘Well, then you shouldn’t have started texting me in the first place!’ I put my phone in pocket and started watching Tom and Jerry.

Ten minutes later, the door opened and our principal walked in. He glanced around the room and nodded at Matt. “Mr. Sanders, I want you to know that I like you giving the kids a break and having cartoons on,” Mr. Jackson said. I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

“It’s Friday and last hour. They’re doing their work and having a little fun,” Matt replied. Mr. Jackson then left. ‘The principal is no pal, he’s just a creeper and an ass.’ I put my phone away again and watched the cartoons. ‘It’s because he can’t get his stick out of his ass so he has to be a killjoy. I laughed and shook my head at my boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts/Comments? Subscribe? Yesterday, my friends and I all pretended we were vampires. It was pretty epic