Saving Darcy

#18

Darcy sniffed as Zacky sat the hot soup in front of her. She reached up and wrapped her hands around it, warming herself up a little. Zack stood next to her, his elbows resting on the counter and his head in his hands. He didn't know what to say to her. He was in shock.

Why hadn't she said something to her sooner? Or better yet, why the fuck hadn't he seen what was happening right in front of his eyes?

“Darcy?”

She looked up at him, tear filled eyes staring right at him. He sighed deeply and reached over to pull her closer to him. She let him, and rested her head against his chest, her tears soaking through his t-shirt.

Zack could feel the warm, salty liquid on his skin and he reached down to grab her face between his hands.

“You don't have to be scared.” He told her, brushing his tears away with the pad of his thumb.

"I am scared Zack."

"I'm here aren't I?"

She shrugged."

"I won't ever leave you like this, Darcy, we're in this together, got it?"

Darcy nodded. She felt better, knowing that Zack knew what was going on. But what was going to happen now? Was she still going to go to school? She needed to get a good grade or it was her father forever. Another job wasn't an option, he wouldn't let her. It was this or nothing and it made Darcy sick to her stomach.

She couldn't cope with her teacher any more, she was fed up of being treated badly by every man that she should actually trust. A daddy was suppose to be a man that would look after his daughter with all hsi heart, not hurt her on purpose. A teacher was meant to look after his students, not hurt them.

This was all so, so wrong.

It hurt.

“How long has this been happening?” He ask softly, brushing her hair back with his fingers.

She shrugged, a huge shiver going down the back of her spine, “Not long. He just .. changed one day, I don't know what happened.”

"How many times has he been to your house?"

"It started of at school, and then he just decided to turn up one day... A lot."

Zack bit his lip. He knew that if he didn't he would burst out and start screaming and that would scare her, so he just kept his mouth closed.

“Zack?” She asked, taking a step back from him.

“Mhm?”

“W-Why are you so … good too me. I mean we've not known each other long and you- when we first met that day you was really nice to me.” She asked quietly, genuinely wanting to know the answer.

Zacky smiled, “You had these sad eyes. Pretty eyes, but sad.”

It was the truth too. The moment he looked at her, he saw that she was extremely sad. Such a pretty face, full of sorrow and disgust, he needed to know why. He needed to talk to her, he wasn't one for letting a sad person walk away, not after loosing his own brother to suicide three years ago.

Darcy was blushing again and Zack noticed. He didn't say anything apart from telling her to go into the living room while he grabbed them both a drink. Darcy gingerly walked into his living room, setting herself down on the double sofa and looking around with wide eyes.

He had a huge DVD collection and three guitars sat proudly on the wall behind her. Opposite, a huge flat screen TV attached to the wall, Darcy had never seen such a huge TV in her whole live, she just stared at it with her mouth hung open.

“I got you some Monster. I figured you could use it.” He told her, two cans in one of his hands.

Zack placed the cans on the coffee table. He watched as Darcy stood up at walked over to his DVD case and began scanning through them, “Can we watch something?” She asked.

Zack nodded, “Are you sure you don't want to rest?”

“I just want to take my mind from all this, just for one night.” She told him, smiling at him then turning back around, “How about this?”

Zacky's face lit up when he saw that she was holding Pulp Fiction. It was without a doubt his favourite movie, he loved it. It reminded him of his childhood and knowing that Darcy liked it too made it even better for him.

She shot him a smile and asked him if it was okay if she put it. He told her how to do it and she brought the controllers over to him so that he could set it up correctly. Darcy sat down next to Zack and without thinking lay her head against his shoulder.

She wanted comfort. She wanted a touch, a nice touch, from somebody that cared about her and somebody that she cared about. It was amazing to have somebody touch her nicely and she smiled when he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her closer to him.

“I love this movie.” She told him after the Café scene.

He nodded, “Me too, it's got a good story line.”

Darcy wondered if Zack liked her the way she liked him. She had never felt this way about somebody before, she really liked him, a butterfly feeling happened every time she looked up at him and every time he touched her. She couldn't stop the feelings either, normally she could block her emotions out, but not these ones. She sighed, obviously he wouldn't. Zack was perfect, he didn't need such a burden in his life, he was just being a good friend, he must be.

“I like being hugged.” She told him softly, “I've never been hugged.”

Zack felt his throat tighten. She said it so simply as it was the most normal thing in the world. It really fucking hurt him. He looked down at her and closed his eyes, letting his head fall back slightly, “You deserve a lot of hugs. I'll make it up for all the ones you missed.”



“Fucking slut!” Brain hissed, kicking the side of his car, leaving behind a huge dent that he would clearly regret in the morning.

He was beyond furious that Zack had taken Darcy away from him. Tonight was suppose to be their night, but that bastard went and ruined it. Brian was out for blood. He wouldn't just let this go, he had felt more things for Darcy that Zack ever had. He had to watch as Darcy's father beat her and Brian couldn't do anything about it.

He had to watch as she ignored him, only using him for the stupid scholarship that she wanted. Why didn't she just see how badly he wanted her? Now he had joined the bad side, he joined her father. He was that desperate. If that was what it took to get her, then that's what he would have to do. He would prefer not too, but desperate times cause for desperate measures and he wasn't the most patient of people.

Darcy was going to pay for running away from him.

Who did she think she was?

He had been waiting for her for years, and she thinks she can just run off with another man?

This was cheating!

Brian would get her one way or another, tomorrow morning he would think of a plan. But for now, he needed to go to a strip club to sort out the growing problem he had in his pants.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!!!