Break the Ice

Chapter 10

The next two days were as ace as could be. Jemz and Teddy each had their respective coursework to do (that's what they told us anyway...), leaving me to entertain Ed and Alex.

Entertaining Ed was easy, we had enough to do to keep us occupied for hours. I told Jemz that and had to remind her to keep her mind out of the gutter - I have morals.

Alex was more difficult, he was just like a spare part that just didn't fit anywhere. I tentatively suggested finding him a girl from Jemz's select group of friends - but apparently he had his own little fan club back home, so it would have been pointless.

Luckily he said he was happy just to stay in and write songs - the guys (plus two more friends from home) were in a band, and Alex needed time to finish a couple of songs he was working on. Fine by me. Though I made Ed and Alex promise that they would play me and Jemz one of their finished songs before they left.

Yeah, that was another point - Ed and Alex had to leave to go back home tomorrow, I had two days before I had to go back - which would then leave Ed and I approximately eight to ten hours apart by either car or train - that would suck. But we tried not to think about it and managed to fit into three days, what an average couple would struggle to fit into a month.

Thier last day soon arrived though. Alex and Ed sat me, Jemz and Teddy down in Teddy's flat, so they could play us a song. A promise was a promise. Teddy played bass in the band, but wasn't playing just now as it would be pointless without their drummer and keyboard player. So basically we were getting acoustic - Ed and Alex had both brought their guitars with them to songwrite.

They started to play a song that was called 'Parallel Worlds' and I think it's safe to say I was stunned - I knew they would be good, but they were amazing! Alex had a great voice and Ed's voice was just perfect to me.

When they finished the song I ran over to Ed, gave him a huge hug and whispered "Thank you" into his ear. They packed their guitars away and that was it. They were leaving.

I couldn't face going to the train station with them so I planned just to leave quickly with Jemz when they did.

"I'll miss you."

"Miss you more." I weakly smiled at our exchange of words - when did we become the lovey dovey couple that I usually hated?

"I'll call you loads."

"You do that Ed, I'll find out a way to come and visit you soon."

"Same."

I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and whispered "Bye." before turning and leaving in the opposite direction to him, arms linked with Jemz.

At the end of the street I turned round and waved at the still figure, rooted to the same spot where I left him. He waved back just as we rounded the corner.

I'm not sure, but was I supposed to feel something right now? Like my heart breaking into little pieces because I'm not with him and won't be for a while?

I felt nothing - and that scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meh...hate this chapter

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, just tell me of something doesn't look right

I promise this'll be the last time I write after hardly any sleep or typing it when I'm in the middle of getting ready to go out.

Comment me and tell me if it's good! (or not!)