Break the Ice

Chapter 7

Next Morning

I inwardly groaned as I woke up to the shining beam of light that was escaping the confines of the curtains in Jemz's room. My neck was killing me. Not surprising, as I lifted my head slightly and realised I had slept fully clothed in my sleeping bag on the floor with no pillow. I sat up and blinked several times, wincing as memories from last night reappeared. Meeting Ed, liking Ed, losing Ed in the bar and the sickening feeling when I saw him kissing Lainey. I shook my head in the hope that the last image would go away. No such luck.

I stood up, and almost as quickly as I had done, almost fell over again. Shit. Must still be a bit drunk. I picked up my watch, 11am. late for me. Early for Jemz. Can't remember what time we got in, knew it wasn't too late though. As far as I was concerned, Jemz had slept long enough - she would be a nightmare once awake though.

When I had sufficiently pissed her off so much she agreed to get up, I went for a shower. I could hear Jemz clattering around, swearing at me. I had been blessed with the inability to get a hangover - no matter how much I had to drink. Jemz, as I could hear, wasn't so lucky.

At around 5pm, Jemz had recovered - and had forgiven me. She was trying to persuade me to let her invite the guys over for a house party - her flatmate was away for the next couple of days on work experience and wouldn't be there to be a general bitch about it.

I was all up for another night of drinking, but I wasn't particularly thrilled at the thought of seeing Ed again. Jemz had spoken to Teddy about it. Apparently Ed didn't remember a thing about kissing Lainey, which was funny, because he remembered me perfectly well. How does that work?

"Give him a chance Suzi. You could at least be friends with him?"

"Yeah, because that's just all I need. Another friend." I sighed and rolled me eyes at her pleading expression. "Go on then...maybe of I get drunk enough, I can pretend I never met him?"