Break the Ice

Chapter 9

Everyone filtered out from the party at about 4am.

I reluctantly parted from Ed's side, by being dragged inside by Jemz, while Ed was dragged home with Teddy and Alex.

We had chatted about almost everything after he kissed me, even including my fear of street lights that don't work...that was a long story, but he wanted to hear it. Maybe he was just humouring me...but still, it was a sweet thing to do.

I woke up later on in the morning (11.55...it still counts), to Jemz jabbing me in the side with her hairbrush. She quickly stopped after I threatened her with a slow and painful death, inflicted by the evil hens her parents kept at home.

"I want to know all the gory details."

"Nothing gory happened." I grinned.

Jemz threw the hairbrush at me. "You know what I mean."

"Owww, yeah yeah okay. We talked. We kissed. We're kinda together...I don't know if there's anything else worth telling you."

Jemz let out a high-pitched squeak and did a weird little dance. She stopped when I retrieved the hairbrush and threw it back at her.

"So...did you send him a lovey dovey text before you went to sleep saying you missed him already?"

"Yeah right...I wouldn't do that even if I had his number." Jemz looked at me wide-eyed as if she was in shock, "What...you dragged me away pretty quickly, I didn't get the chance to ask him for it."

Jemz tutted and rolled her eyes, reaching for her phone in the process.

"I'll send it to Teddy and he can give it to Ed, okay?"

"Thanks!" I smiled gratefully at her, reluctantly letting her think she was saving the day...even if it was her fault in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long!

Major issues on the thinking front (long story...)

but hopefully my brain is back lol