Status: Update as I go.

Dear God

Majesty

**Zacky’s P.O.V. cont.**

Before Josie could stop me I rushed out of the restaurant to the small group of teenagers huddled around the small puppy. I couldn’t tell what they were doing to it but, the sheer sound of the puppy’s shrill whine sent chills down my spine. I knew that anybody had the nerve to do something like this to Ichy I would make them feel his pain. I pushed aside the tallest of the teens that looked like the leader of the pack. I ignored his comments as I bent down and scooped up the small gray puppy. After looking it over I realized it was a female and she was near skin and bones. I covered her with my jacket before turning to face the group of teens. The one I had pushed was staring me down as a girl with long, red hair held onto his arm. I looked her over before realizing she was wearing an Avenged Sevenfold shirt.

“Wow. How could you even think about tormenting a small creature like this? Do you just feel awesome about yourself when you cause harm to something smaller than yourselves?”

The group leader pushed his hair out of his face before answering, “Dude, we weren’t going to do anything so just relax. Alright?”

Despite her best efforts the guy just shrugged off the girl when she pulled on his jacket sleeve.
“Maybe we found that damn dog like that she we were trying to help her. Ever think about that?”

I scoffed at the guy’s pure stupidity before turning to re-join Josie across the street. I could see that she was already standing outside watching to make sure nothing happened. It felt good to know that everything was out on the table between us and that I hadn’t lost her as a friend. I knew I would have been crushed if I had.

As soon as I joined Josie she pulled down my jacket and petted the puppy’s head.
“Awww she’s so cute. Great Dane huh?”

I nodded as she leaned down to let the puppy lick her face a few times.

“Sorry about lunch Jo. Maybe another time?”

She nodded as we both began walking towards her car. Before getting in the passenger seat I looked across the street to see the group of teens was still watching our every move. I felt bad for the girl that was still gripping the leader’s arm. She looked terrified of him, but it wasn’t my problem anymore. I shook it out of my head as I got in the car and let the puppy position herself so she was comfortable for the ride back to my place. With Josie driving I was able to flip through the radio stations until I found something suitable. It took a little while but when we stopped at the next red light Josie nodded her head and smiled.

“I love Sixx: A.M. ‘Life is Beautiful’ right?”

I nodded as the light turned green. For the rest of the car ride home I began going over names for the puppy in my head. I knew I wouldn’t be able to get rid of her. Here she was lying on my lap fast asleep, most likely drooling all over my knee, and I was already falling in love with her.

“Alright here we are.”

I looked up to see that Josie had pulled up into my drive way I could already hear Ichy barking in the house. He was going to either love the new puppy or hate every bit of her. I hoped for the first.

“Thanks Jo. Guess I should get the little princess in the house before Ichy takes down the door.”

She laughed a little before scratching the puppy’s head again and saying, “It was a pleasure meeting you, your majesty.”

I closed the car door and began walking up to the front as she pulled out of the drive way to head home. Once inside Ichy couldn’t stop jumping at my arms wondering what I was keeping from him.

“Alright alright. Ichabod this is your new little sister…Majesty.”

As I placed her on the ground she sniffed around allowing Ichy to look her over. Not one growl or bark came out as he circled her. I let them be as I went upstairs to the office. I sat at the desk and stared at the computer screen that showed the screen saver of various pictures from tours, performances and parties. I laughed when the one of me biting Syn on the chest from when we had first started tour so many years ago. It seemed like forever ago when we had started the band and now when I thought about it we had been through so much. I watched as it flashed to a picture of Ichy and me when I first got him. He was small enough to fit in my hand and was as fluffy as ever.

Even if I didn’t have a girl in my life I always had my “kids”. I watched the screen flash through the images spacing out from everything that was going on around me. I snapped back to reality when I heard my cell phone chime from inside my pocket.

From: Syn
“Hey Zack, meet me at the spot tonight? Say 8pm? My nerves are out of the world.”

I stared at the phone for a minute thinking over what I was going to reply. I knew I needed to be there for him, he was my best friend, no he was my brother.

To: Syn
“Yeah I’ll bring the 40’s. See-ya then.”