Status: Slowly Active

What You Do to Me.

capítulo dos.

“Avoid who?” A tall blonde guy asked from behind the desk. I knew that voice.

Shooting up from the ground I raced over to the tall, lanky blonde. “KYLE!” I yelled happily. Kyle wrapped his long arms around my tiny frame and spun me in a circle.

“Hi cutie.” He smiled, placing me down on the ground. He then embraced Kara in a tight hug, similar to what he had done to me. “Now, back to the point. Who are we avoiding and why?”

I cringed remembering the thought. Dan and I had a fairly messed up history to us. That and a relationship that ended badly. Not because it was either of our fault, really. It just wasn’t going to work. That and a few other things. But they weren’t important now.

“Daniel Flint!” Kara piped in, before I could change the subject. Damn her!

“From You Me At Six?” Kyle asked. “Why?”

“You don’t know?” Kara asked him. This was a surprise to me. Pretty much everyone that was on Warped with us last year knew about Dan and I. In fact, I’m pretty sure half the tour heard our final fight.

“Should I?” Kyle sat down at one of the merch desk chairs, looking up at Kara to continue. I sighed. There was no way in avoiding it now.

“Addie dated him for like 3 years.” Kara explained. Kyle looked shocked, but then ushered for Kara to continue. “They broke up last year on Warped when she was doing merch for them and they haven’t spoken since.”

“Oh.” Kyle frowned. “What happened?” Now, he looked over at me for an explanation. I shrugged my shoulders at the tall boy.

“What always happens.” I sighed. “Life.”

“That is totally a 500 days of summer quote!” Kyle grinned.

“So what if it is?” I laughed. “Come at me, Burns!”

Kyle shot out of his seat, picking me up and spinning me in circles. I screamed loudly with each spin we took. Kara was giggling madly at us, then she left to go back to setting up The Maine’s merch table. Kyle placed me down on the ground, again.

“So what really happened with Flint?” He asked. Kyle grabbed me hands in his and began to play with my fingers. Looking up at him, I smiled.

“Some things just don’t work, Kyle.” I explained. “Love and all of that kind of stuff is one of those things.”

“So you’re saying that because he screwed you over, you don’t believe in love?” He asked.

I shook my head. “Not exactly.”

“Then why don’t you?”

“Because I don’t think that getting hurt is worth it. For something that barely exists. I mean look at it, two in three married couples get divorced every year!”

He looked down at me sadly. “But look at the one in three. They have to stand for something.”

“They do.” I raised my hand to Kyle’s cheek, brushing it lightly with my thumb. “Let’s just say it isn’t my thing.”

“It will be one day.” He smiled. “I know it.”

I laughed at how innocent he was. I remember being like that. An optimist, who had hope that one day things would be good. I’d lead the stereotypical life. Get married, have kids. Be in love. Now, I wasn’t so sure. Not saying that Dan ruined that for me. It was my choice. Dan just helped me realise it.

>>

After a long day setting up, Kara and I headed to watch some of the sound checks. We stood side of stage for most of them when Zack texted me.

Bon fire tonight. 7pm. The Maine’s bus.
I showed Kara the text during Forever The Sickest Kid’s set. She smiled at me. “I’m in if you are!”

Count Kara and I in! See you there!

After Forever The Sickest Kids finished, they headed over to our side of the stage. They were all covered in sweat, not as much as if it were a full set though. California is hot. I loved the weather her. It barley rained and it was great for getting a tan.

“Nice set boys!” Kara smiled as they came over to us. Each of them with a grin plastered on their faces. “You guys up for a bon fire tonight?”

“Sounds good.” Austin smiled.

“We’re in!” Caleb joined in.

“Great!” I smiled.

These small things were things I really did miss about tour. We stayed around with the FTSK boys for a fair while before we all headed back to the buses to get ready for the night. Alex and Rian had gone for to get drinks for everyone, leaving Jack, Zack and I in the bus. Neither of them take long to get ready, yet complained about how long I took. What can I say? I take pride in the way I look. Rian and Alex got back at around 6, just after I was finished getting ready.

“Do you guys wanna start heading over there now?” Rian asked. We all stood around in the main lounge area of the tour bus. We all nodded. “Then let’s go party!”
I made Zack piggy back me over to The Maine’s bus. Not that he minded. He was pretty much the hulk and I was tiny. When we got there the fire was going and most of the bands were there. I spotted Kara talking to Eric from A Rocket To The Moon. She was smiling, holding a can of Jack Daniels in her hand. She looked happy. Which was good. I felt sorry for her, I can’t imagine having to live in the same bus as Dan. Yet she is doing it so well with Garrett.

Jumping of Zack’s back, I grabbed his hand in mine and we walked around the fire, seeing if we could spot anyone we knew. We spotted Pat sitting with Jonathan Cook, and Zack decided to go talk to them. Dragging me over to them, Pat and Jonathan smiled up at us when they saw us.

“Pat!” I smiled. I hadn’t had the chance to see Pat yet, so I sat next to him and engulfed him in a hug. “How’s my favourite guy?”

“Totally offended!” Jonathan held his hand to his heart at my comment. “I thought I was your favourite guy?”

“You know I love you.” I smiled at him. “Pat is just better that you!”

Both Pat and Zack laughed, while Jonathan put on a look of mock shock. “Love you too, Addie!”

“Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I need a drink!” Zack piped in, changing the subject.

“I’ll get them.” I stood up and began to walk over to wear the drinks were kept. I stopped dead in my tracks. Dan Flint stood next to the mini drink fridge. Beer in hand talking to Max.
Oh god. I turned back to Zack, Pat and Jonathon. “On second thought, I’m not thirsty.”

“You’re gonna have to talk to him some time.” Zack noted. He had noticed Dan, then looked back at me.

“I know.” I sighed. “But not now.”

Pat pulled me into a hug. “You’ll be okay.” He smiled at me. “I know it.”

“Thanks.” I smiled back at him. “Anyway, How’s Kara and Garrett doing?”

“They don’t talk. They avoid each other. Kind of like you and Dan. Except, it’s killing Garrett.”
Pat informed me. “He just wants to talk to her. But I get where she is coming from. He really hurt her.”

I nodded at him. I knew that Kara loved Garrett. They were so good when they were dating, but then he went and cheated on her. I looked after her for a long time. She was finally stable again.

The rest of the night was uneven full. I stayed with Zack the whole night to help avoid Dan. It was around 11pm when we all decided to head to bed. We all had a big day ahead with the opening day of the tour tomorrow. Before heading back to All Time Low’s tour bus, I decided to go say goodnight to Kara. Walking on to The Maine’s tour bus I could hear yelling. John, Pat and Jared all sat together on the couch.

“Shut up, Garrett!” I could hear Kara’s voice yell. “Just leave it alone!”

With that, Kara bust through the curtain separating the lounge from the bunks, and out the door. I followed after her. What had just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
This Is The First Thing - You Me At Six
Ooh, Ooh Drama.
Comments would be appreciated guys!
Addie's Outfit
Kara's Outfit