Little Did I Know

The hot guy at the bar

Thankfully, the stool beside of him was vacant. I silently sat down, and ushered for the bar tender. As he made his way to my side of the bar, it came to my attention that I had no clue what to order. I quickly thought of a drink I had heard of before. “One Patron shot please”, I found myself yelling over the D.J. “Make that two, hell after the night I’ve had, make it three” the incredibly hot guy added. Without any hesitation I furthered the conversation, “Well after a remark like that, I take it you can handle your alcohol.”
“Someone has jokes” he replied.
“Only when someone needs to enjoy themselves,” I said as a smile crossed my face.
“That would definitely be me.”
“Let’s see what I can do about that. Would you like to dance?’ I asked him, playing it cool.
“I certainly would ....” he said as his eyes reviewed my body.
“The Name’s Spencer.”
“Liam.”

He nodded toward the center of the room where a large group of people, probably all strangers, were dancing. I smiled again and shook my head to agree as we began to push our way through the large drunk group of under-age half undressed teens. As we got deeper into the crowd we started to become separated. I could see he head bobbing in between people.

“Great,” I thought to myself. “I vacation in Cancun and where do I get lost? A bar! Really?

When I couldn't see him anymore, someone grabbed my hand. I started to jerk my hand away until I looked up to see who it was. Thankfully, it was Liam. "Come on," he shouted as he pulled me to his side. "I hope you can dance, I would hate to have to show you up?" he said smirking. It was a cute smirk. "I know I can, but if I were you, I would be more concerned with not tripping over yourself while you watch me" I said sarcastically as I prayed that I could remember what I had learned at those dance classes. "Mmhmm, sure, we'll see," he mumbled as we walked up the steps to the dance floor. We plunged ourselves onto the platform. He pulled me closer to him. I could smell his cologne. Feel him moving with me. "My heart is beating faster than it ever has," I thought to myself. We were attracting a crowd of people. Soon enough, we were in the middle of a circle of people screaming and shouting. The longer we danced the closer I felt to him. I wouldn't have imagined myself ever doing something like this. If it hadn't been for Lexi I would still be complaining and wanting to return to the hotel. I never thought I could be thankful for Lexi. Turns out, I was wrong. The song ended and when it did he turned me around and whispered, "lets head back to the bar."
When we returned to the bar, our drinks weren't there but that didn't surprise me. He order two more shots. He handed me one and laughed.
"And the funny part of that was?" I said puzzled.
"Oh nothing. Except the fact that you think you can dance better than me." He was running his fingers through his hair.
"Excuse me?," I pointed to the dance floor. "Did you miss that, we had a crowd of people watching my moves!"
"Your moves? I don't think so. Those people were without a doubt staring at me" He looked convincing.
I stepped up to him, having to stand on my toes to meet him face to face. "Wanna bet?" I asked hoping he would say yes. He motioned to the bartender for another shot, downed it, and looked right into my eyes. "Conflict aside, that was fun. You are a good dancer, but I'm sure I could teach you a few things. There's a little Latin dance club about a half a mile from here. It's pretty classy. My grandparent's friends own it and I usually don't have a problem getting in. If you're interested, I'd liked to give you the pleasure of dancing with me again.”
He was smooth. God he was beautiful. I would be stupid to say no. I suddenly felt guilty. I wanted to say yes. I'm not sure whether it was because of the bet or if it was because I was actually interested in him. Regardless, I said yes while trying to hide my excitement.
"I will pick you up. Where are you staying?"
"The Hilton on Lamina Street, I will meet you in the lobby."
"Tomorrow, nine o'clock."
I smiled and opened my mouth to say goodbye. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to see it was the hammered Lexi, my sister dragging behind her. Before I could ask her what she wanted she held her hand out for Liam to shake. "I'm Lexi, Spencer's sister’s friend, and this oh so wasted person is Spencer's sister Milly." he shook her hand and told her his name. She turned to me and said "Spence we are going to go back to the hotel, you have fun." She disappeared.

"Great" I pouted.
"What is it, she seems nice?" he asked concerned.
"Oh not that, and she is nice when she wants to be. It's just that I don't want to have to walk back to the hotel myself. It's almost midnight and I'm not familiar with the area."
He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. "Bring the car around please," he hung up. "Come on, I will have you driven back."
He took hold of my hand once more and began to lead me to the door.
“Wait, I have to use the restroom before we go,” I said while looking for a sign that would point to the direction of the bathroom.”
“Sure, take your time, it’s right over there by the corner” he nodded to the left and grabbed his jacket. I walked through the crowd. At least a hundred more people must have arrived since we did. It felt like it took ages for me to get to the bathroom, but I finally did. I pulled on the handle of the door. It didn’t budge. When I realized that the door needed to be pushed form the outside I hit myself in the forehead, again harder than I meant to, and the door opened with ease. Inside of the bathroom I saw exactly what I would had suspected: a few girls splashing their faces with cold water; more than a handful of girls re-applying their make-up; and how could I forget the oh so unpleasant sound of people getting sick from the over-consumption of alcohol. I peered into each of the stalls until I found one that looked decent enough to use. I quickly used the bathroom while trying not to the think of the multitude of germs that a public restroom acquires even aside from being cleaned daily. I flushed the toilet with my foot and exited the stall. I walked up to the sink to wash my hands and looked into the mirror. The skinny blonde who I had last seen walking away with Liam’s drink was touching up here make-up. She turned to me and smiled.

“Do you think my hair looks good, I spent at least an hour on it, and I can’t tell if the back is still curled. Would you mind looking?” she said while she turned around so I could answer her question. I panicked. Did she see me dancing with him?!

“It looks perfect” I said nervously.

“Thanks! I fixed it hoping that my boyfriend, or I guess I should say ex-boyfriend would comment it. So much for that huh? I guess even those with money don’t appreciate those who are worth the money,” She said looking into the mirror. She pulled her lip gloss out of her purse. Know I was sure she knew who I was, but I can play her little game.

“Oh. Sorry to hear that. It really does suck to break up with a guy.” I said completely clueless as to why I was still talking to her.

“It’s fine. He wasn’t worth it anyway. I just need to have a good time and brush it off.” She pushed her hair up, turned to smile and walked out of the bathroom. Annoyed by her conceitedness I waited a few moments after she left to leave in order to make sure no would would confuse me to be with her. Maybe she truly didn’t see us together. Phew that’s a relief.

I checked myself over in the mirror one more time, stepped out of the bathroom, and started to look for Liam. I walked out of the hallway the bathrooms were in and past a couple of booths where a bunch of teenagers were making out. I felt a person brush past me and grab my hand. I jumped, startled.

“Sorry, I meant to surprise you”, Liam said when he realized I was shocked.

“Don’t worry. It’s okay, I scare easy. Especially when it comes to needles. I can’t stand them.” I said.

“Well, here we are learning things about each other already. I am terrified of heights,” he loudly mentioned as we passed the dance floor and made our way to the door. The bouncer that was standing in front of the door uncrossed his arms and made way for us through the exit.

We stepped onto the sidewalk and a man standing in front a long black Limo opened a door. "Mr. Ferraro" the man said. He was in a suit and by the looks of it an expensive suit.
Liam ushered for me to step into the car. He was the gentleman type, interesting.

Right before Liam was about to step into the limo, a muscular man with a group of woman around him walked up and shook hands with him. I slid to the edge of seat, my feet hanging out of the limo and resting on the sidewalk. Liam introduced me and I replied, “It’s a pleasure.” As they talked I started to put two and two together.

That blonde girl in the bathroom talking about “people with money.” What the heck! I don’t remember Liam paying for any of his drinks either, and come to think of it I didn’t pay for mine either. The Limo, that should have been a flashing sign in my mind. I slowly leaned out of the Lime. He was wearing a gold watch and top of the line clothing. I’m about to be in a Limo with a rich man. I felt overwhelmed and stupid at the same time, a deadly combination, believe me.

Liam thanked the man who opened the door, I slid over, and he stepped in.

"What is the expression for?" He said as he rolled down his window.

"What expression,” I nonchalantly replied.

"You looked surprised, that's all."

"I take it your family is well off?" I questioned.

"Yes, but I don't like being driven around in this thing. I wish I could just drive my truck, or my car."

"So why don't you?"

"My grandparents insist that I be driven around to prevent any unwanted trouble."

"Trouble? You live with you grandparents?"

"Yes, and yes. Trouble because even in the upper class portion of Cancun the crime rate is still high and even my grandparents have their enemies. They own a car dealerships here in Mexico, Italy and Spain. And I have lived with my grandparents my whole life. My mother is a model and my father is a photographer. Go figure."

"Wow... My mom owns a flower shop and my father runs my towns local car part store. My grandparents however were wealthy. When they passed they left their belongings to my parents. They work to keep themselves busy. They divorced and re-married and that is how I am related to Milly. Her mom, my dad, big casino, bang instant step-sister. I'm on vacation with Milly and Lexi. They've been best friends since they learned to talk and haven't shut up since."

"Sorry to hear about you grandparents. Are you happy with your step-parents?"

"It's okay, I never knew my grandparents. I don't really mind my step-parents. In other words, we have good relationships."

“Good relationships. Huh I haven’t exactly had one of those in a while.” he said staring out of his window.

The moment he said that I considered telling him about my run in with his ex. I decided not to though. For some reason I felt like I should try to understand him.

“Neither have I. To most people it’s all fun and games. One minute you think you are meant for someone. The next, you realize that isn’t who they really are.” I said thinking about Brett. We dated for a year and a half. It’s amazing how close you can get to someone in only that short a time. I thought that I was in love. The night of my senior prom I caught him in our hotel room with another girl. The same night that I was planing to go “all the way” with him. I began to ignore his phone calls and text messages and he finally got the message. It was a clean break, but it still hurts. Sitting here with Liam makes me think that there is a chance not every guy is like Brett.

“I know where you are coming from. I just ended a relationship. Come to think of it, I actually don’t know who ended it. All I do know is that I was sick and tired of her thinking she could tell me what to do and she was tired of me not listening. Girls around here are just so self-centered.” he said looking at me while he fidgeted with his phone.

“Well, good thing I am not from here huh?” I flirted.

‘Definitely. But where exactly is it you are from?”

“Oh I’m from Bridgewater Connecticut; it’s not a small town but it sure isn’t a big city,” I said as we made a wide turn.

“So, you’re on vacation with your sister I assume?”

“Yep, I was kinda forced into it,” I rolled my eyes.

“Well seems to me, you are enjoying yourself,” He slide over a put his arm around me.

“What gave it away,” I asked flirtaciously, not bothering to shake his arm off.

“hmm, lets find out,” he said leaning towards me, closer, closer.

“Ma’am we have arrive at you hotel,” the intercom loudly interrupted. I jumped.

I started to recognize the street we were on.

The limo made another wide turn. The car came to a stop and my window was rolled down. "This is it, right?" he asked handing me my purse. "Yep, thanks a lot." I smiled. "Goodnight Spencer," he said as he leaned closer to me, the fragrance of his cologne over came me and we kissed. "Goodnight Liam." I stepped out of the Limo and headed toward the front door of the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment && sub