Status: fueled by comments :)

Zoom Into Me

The call

Bill's POV

A few weeks had passed since I last saw Lucy. We had exchanged numbers and email addresses so we stayed in touch all these weeks. It seemed to be less awkward texting and IMing each other, than it was in person. Most of it was just mindless chit chat, but at some points we would tend to ask each other this one question that tended to end up with one of us not replying.

I stared down at the bright screen of my Blackberry, once again unsure of what to answer, and fearing the end of the current text conversation.

Do you think we’ll ever see each other again?

I shifted in my bed, the wall lamp beside me still allowing me to see. Once again, I was clueless as to what to answer. I didn’t want to lie to her, so there wasn’t really anything I could say.

I honestly texted her a reply this time

I don’t know.

I was startled and almost scared to death as a creepy smiling Tom appeared beside me.

“Mein Gott Tom! You scared me!”

He slightly smirked, as I tried to restrain my breathing. I noticed a glass of water in one of his hands, so I’d taken that had been the reason he was up at this hour of the night. Or morning, I’m not sure, I had lost track of time.

“Ah chatting with your lover?” his smirked widen even more, which was something that seemed impossible.

I felt my cheeks flush at his question, even though we both knew it wasn’t true.

“Nein Tom! Why must you bother me about this every night? We’re just… two friends texting each other.”

“In the middle of the night?”

He saw I still wasn’t laughing about it like he wanted me too and proceeded to make himself a spot on the end of my bed and sat down, a more serious expression now taking over his face.

“Do you really like this girl?”

I had to admit that such a serious question and a serious look on my brother’s face was rather scary.

“Nein…” I started to deny but he knew me better.

“Bill, I don’t think your ever gonna get much further in this….ah relationship, if you don’t see each other in person.”

He paused, but I didn’t say anything, quite shocked actually since it was surprising to know HE was capable of giving this kind of advice; and also guessing he had a proposition to make. Which he quickly continue to explain.

“How about you call her and arrange a meeting at someplace of the remaining tour here in the US?”

I hadn’t thought about that. Who would have thought, he actually did have a working brain that came useful in time to time. But even though I liked the idea, I didn’t think I’d be able to actually call her. I’d love to hear her voice again, but I feared it would all be just too awkward and even more if we met up again.

“God, don’t tell me you’re too fucking scared to call her.”

Yes, this was probably one of the moments when I wished we weren’t twins, and he weren’t capable of reading my thoughts.

“Give me that! I’ll call her!”

I tried to tighten my poor grip around my cell phone, but he was quicker and stronger, grabbing it out of my hand.

“Tom give me my phone back!”

I desperately tried to reach his right hand which held the phone tightly, but he turned giving me his back. A dialing tone was heard and some rings followed after.

“Tom, give it back!”

I managed to get on his back, still desperately trying to reach my phone. In one of those poor attempts, I ended sending us both to the floor of the moving tour bus. I landed on him luckily and not the other way around, since I would have ended hitting my head like he just did.

“Ow, fuck!” he murmured under me, but then he seemed to get over it as he tried to push me off of him.

“Hello? Hello? Ah if this is joke, I’m not finding it funny”

The sound of her voice made me remember why I had knocked us both to the floor. I crawled on the floor reaching for the phone that was now resting near the doorframe. But once I got it, I had no idea what to do with it. Tom apparently did, since he successfully once again snatched it from my hand.

“Ah hello there.” that smirk of his back where it belonged.

“Tom?” I could hear her confused faint voice on the other end of the line.

“Yes. How are you?”

I’m guessing she replied with a ‘fine and you’, but I wasn’t too sure since he had started pacing around the narrow bus hall, each step he took taking him further away from me.
I picked myself up from the floor, and made my way to lay down on me bed. I wasn’t gonna go try and snatch the phone away from him. Not with her on the other side of the phone.
But he soon came back, with the phone in his hand, apparently the call had ended.

“It’s all set. Though, it wasn’t easy….” he chuckled.

“How so?”

“Well, I only got her to agree seeing us at our next stop in Ohio, telling her I wanted to see her friend. Apparently she’s likes to act like her mom, so she wasn’t happy with the idea of her coming alone. Figures, anyway, she’s coming alone as well.”

“Great” I murmured with sarcasm.

Tom thinks I should be happy about this, he says he’s actually doing me a favor. But I can’t help but feel nervous about this upcoming meeting.
♠ ♠ ♠
i wrote this late at night, so excuse any grammar mistake, or any mistake at all.
comments are more than accepted :)