Status: fueled by comments :)

Zoom Into Me

Promise, not.

After a quite 15 minute drive we got to the hospital. I unhooked my seatbelt quickly as he stopped the car at the main entrance.

“You should go, I’ll go park the car”

“Ok”

I did as told and got off, making my way to the front desk, my thoughts racing fast thinking of how bad it could have been. I told the nurse my father’s name and she gladly instructed me on how to make it to room 326. I hadn’t forgotten my huge fear of elevators, but this was an emergency, so I walked as fast as I could to a near by elevator and pressed the button with a 3 on it.
Why was it, that when you needed time to go by quickly it did just the opposite?

“God damn it, hurry up already!” I banged my fist into what should have been the elevator door but was only air as the doors finally opened.

Good thing there wasn’t anyone around to witness one of my acts of klutziness. So I just let it go and made my way down the long, white and empty hallway. That familiar hospital smell hit me as a current of air whooshed through an open window at the end of the hall. When I finally made it to the room, I was panting a bit since I wasn’t at all the fit type. The door was closed, so I knocked softly hoping that it hadn’t been a bad moment to visit. But once my mom opened the door, sudden relief washed over me, especially after seeing my dad awake on the bed with the remote control in his hand.

“Daddy! God, thank god your ok!” I made my way to him, wrapping him in bone crushing hug.

He chuckled, though I didn’t find the situation amusing at all.

“You said god twice.” he pointed out cleverly.

I nodded, understating what was funny. Me considering myself atheist, bragging about it and all, saying the lord’s name so many times must have been amusing for other to hear.

“Well, now if I may ask…what the hell happened exactly?” I eyed both of my parents waiting for an explanation, a detailed one of course.

They looked at each other as if there weren’t anything to say.

“Just some stupid driver who was speeding to much and missed a stop sign.” he explained simply, but for me it was enough, better then just a simple “car crash”.

I nodded once again, understanding it was clearly not my dad’s fault. I was about to ask my mom when he was gonna be let out when a knock at the door beat me.
I went to open it only to find Bill there with a worried face.

“Is he ok?” he whispered, expecting the worst.

“Yeah, he’s just fine. Just some scratches and bruises…”

“Honey, who is that?” my mom asked curiously leaning into the doorway.

I stepped aside letting him in and his worried expression vanished and was replaced by an expression of relief once he saw my dad.

“Ah, mom, dad, this is Bill. He’s…”

“Gay” my dad interrupted me.

I felt my heart sink as I saw the hurt look on his face.

“Dad! No! He’s not….he’s a friend. A straight friend.”

My mom felt embarrassed by my dad’s comment and felt bad for him as well. She immediately told my father to apologize, which he quickly did. But that hurt look remained on him.

“Um, excuse me. I think I should be going” he excused himself ,flashed by in front of me and out the door.

I shot my dad a glare, even though he didn’t deserve one, after all he had been in a car crash just hours ago, and followed him. I would have called him, but I didn’t wanna cause a scene, we were in a hospital after all.
He was a pretty fast walker to be honest he had made it to the elevator while I was power walking my way half way down the hall.

“Bill wait!” I whispered-screamed.

He froze and looked at me, but he must have pressed a button already cause the doors proceeded to close shut.

“Shit” I murmured looking around for a staircase sign.

I luckily found one and made my way to the stairs, going two by two steps. I was worried that being as clumsy as I am, I might end up falling flat on my face.
But I was able to go down three floors as fast as I could without falling. But when I got to the first floor I could see his tall and lean figure as he disappeared out the doors. I didn’t even try avoiding running anymore, I just did. Running outside, I saw him make his way to the parking lot near by.
I ran after him all the way to his car, and went to the driver’s side as he closed the door.

“Bill! I’m sorry! Can you get out so we can talk about this!?” I knocked on the black tainted glass window, not being able to see him, but I knew he could see and hear me clearly.

The glass started lowering itself and I was now able to see him. His eyes were a bit red, as if he had been crying on the way. And his eyeliner had ran, making it looked like a failed imitation of a Black Veil Brides member’s war paint.

“I’m sorry” I repeated, hoping he would forgive me.

He looked up at me, throwing me a weak smile.

“I really am sorry” I apologized once again and this time he opened the door and got out.

We stood quietly for a few seconds, me hoping he would forgive me, and him probably debating on whether he would or wouldn’t.
But I took it as an “apology accepted” when he opened his arms and embraced me.

“I forgive you…well, your dad actually. You didn’t do anything wrong, you know?”

“I know, but he’s my father so….never mind. I promise it won’t happen EVER again”

He chuckled finding something amusing in my words. The second time today someone did that.

“It’s ok. You really shouldn’t make promises you won’t be able to keep. Especially ones involving other people and that are just completely out of your hands.”

“I guess you’re right about that. I hadn’t really thought about it like that.”

He shrugged as he took my hand in his, leading us back to the hospital.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so this is....I honestly have no idea where this is going.
Comment with opinion, and ideas are loved, appreciated, and more than welcomed!
So PLEASE comment!
and thanks for readin this, as you must know, you're effing awesome for doing so :D