Status: fueled by comments :)

Zoom Into Me

Drunken confessions

BILL’S POV

“We can’t” I heard Lucy’s voice over the loud noisy people surrounding us.

“Ah, why not?” my brother whined, his eyes fixed on her friend who’s name I still didn’t seem to remember.

“It’s late, we really have to go. Sorry” she whispered the last word as she grabbed her friend by the hand and dragged her out of the restaurant.

“Well look what you did!” Tom snapped at me.

I honestly couldn’t be more confused.

“What did I do?” I asked, curious of what he knew that I didn’t.

“It’s more, what you didn’t do.”

Ok, now he had completely lost me.

“If you had maintained her little friend occupied they wouldn’t have left. Meaning I could invite the girls to spend the night” he winked as he said the last part, and I tried not to empty my insides right there.

Sometimes it disgusted me the way someone so close to me, someone with the same DNA as me, thought.

“Well that’s too bad Tom.”

He pouted at me nodding, and I just allowed myself to roll my eyes as him as I signaled for the waiter to come take our order.

All I could think about as we sat and ate dinner was her eyes. Those blue and piercing eyes. They just seemed to grab you and pull you deep into them. It was, if I may say, quite distracting at times.
She seemed to be quite and more like an older sister or mom to her friend then actually her best friend. I envied that. Having someone care for you like that, someone not really related to you, someone who worried about you and checked out on you to make sure you didn’t get in trouble.

And maybe it was me who was just to distracted by her presence that I passed up my brother’s intentions from this meeting, but she seemed to have realized what those intentions were. That was why she probably had took her friend away.

As we headed back up to our shared suit, I watched as Tom clumsily walked in front of me down the hall. He had had several drinks during the day, and some more just a few minutes ago, and you could easily tell.
As he waited by our door for me to arrive with the room key, he leaned on the wall closing his eyes.

“You know what’s funny?” he asked drunk, though I ended paying him attention anyways.

“What Tom?”

He laughed a bit before opening his eyes.

“I’ve got her camera”

I swore right there and then I could have slapped him right across his face, if it weren’t for the fact that he was drunk and when he woke up the next morning he wouldn’t remember a thing.

“You what?!”

He laughed again as he dragged his drunk self into the room. I followed behind, closing the door behind me.

“Tom, how could you do such a thing?! I don’t….why did you do it?”

I soon realized I wouldn’t be getting any answer from him as I watched his sleeping figure thrown on the black couch.

I sighed as I headed to the bathroom to remove some of my remaining makeup.
I hated removing it. I disliked what I saw in that mirror. And it being a full view mirror I disliked it even more. I hating having to see my way too skinny and boney body.
I hated it. I just hated it so much.

After finally finishing “peeling” my “mask” off, I headed back to the bedroom, taking my shirt and jeans off and settling into the bed in only my boxers.

I sighed once more as I stared at the white ceiling, that was somehow visible by the lights coming from outside, through the balcony window.

“I’ve got to give that girl her camera back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so is this too short?
in my defense it takes more time to write than to read.
but if everyone who reads this comments, I'll update right away and make it a really long chapter (three times this) otherwise it's gonna be updated but i'll take me a few days to do so, like it did with this. though, that wasn't your fault cause you all commented and I really appreciate that. it means so much to know that someone likes what I write (by the way, I corrected some mistakes, like tom's hair lol) anyways, thanks for taking time to read this, it means alot to know that someone, even if it were just one person, enjoys what I write. so thanks for that, you rock! =)

-thanks to Shino-Tenshi for pointing out some epic writing fails lol. I checked that now, but if you see any let me know.