Status: fueled by comments :)

Zoom Into Me

He won't take no for an answer

We patiently waited in front of the door to room176, after having knocked on it. I glanced down the empty hall, wondering if they were the only ones in the whole place.
I flinched at the unexpected noise coming from the doorknob on the other side and tried to calm myself, this would be over soon.

“Oh Hallo! Come on in!” Bill greeted us with that thick German accent, a little bit too excitedly for my liking, stepping aside allowing us in the large suite.

This time it was a bit different then the last time. Only as much as a hotel suite can change of course. There were clothes thrown around the floor and some cans of beer near by the couch. I noticed Bill was also different. He had no makeup on and his hair was covered with a beanie cap, so you could only see his face, instead of focusing on his mohawk.

“So….I’ll go get your camera!” he exclaimed at Fio as he dashed down the extremely long hall. The hall in the suite was extremely long compared to our small one back at our apartment.

I stood there feeling quite awkward and uncomfortable not knowing what do meanwhile. I looked to my side expecting to see Fio doing the same as me, only I didn’t see her there.

What the hell….

“Lucy. Look” she whispered from next to the couch pointing at something I couldn’t see from where I was standing.

I quickly yet quietly made my way to join my friend in the center of the living room.

“Isn’t he cute when he’s sleeping??” she cooed, practically drooling on herself, as we stared down at a sleeping Tom on the black leather couch, his mouth slightly opened.

I rolled my eyes at the comment and was about to turn around and head back to my previous spot when I knocked into a tall figure.

“Oh, sorry!” Bill apologized glancing down at me.

I was about to tell him not to worry about it when he realized what we were apparently doing.

“Ah yes…Tom. He, ah, he had a rough night. So he’s just sleeping on it.”

“Oh but here’s your camera, safe and sound!” he seemed to have forgotten about his brother’s just mentioned state as he loudly told Fio her camera’s state, and handed it to her.

I saw Fio hand him back the camera they had bought for her yesterday and he frowned.

“But, you can keep it too.”

She shook her head, odd, for a moment I thought she was gonna take it back more than happy.

“Oh, well what am I supposed to do with this then?”

He looked puzzled at the camera for a while thinking, and then turned to look at me, and smiled as he handed me the camera insisting I kept it. I denied at first but ending giving in as he wouldn’t take no for an answer.
I tried not to drool over the camera, it was so light and had a really elegant design. My camera, was like an old and dead version of it.

We awkwardly once again stood there, not sure of what to do now.
Well we had gotten her camera, and I had gotten one myself, so as far as I had planned, that was it. We could get the hell out of here.

“Ok, thanks. We should be going now….” I looked at Fio, hoping she would get the message and start heading for the door with me, so I wouldn’t seem like a desperate freak trying to get our of there.
Her whole face changed, now sad about having to once again leave this hotel. But she quickly smiled again flicking her red Samsung camera on, and aiming at Tom.

“What are….”

I couldn’t even formulate the question out loud before the flash snapped signaling that the photo had been taken. Though we weren’t the only ones who realized this.

“What the fuck??!” Tom shot up cursing and covering his eyes.

That was so weird, how did the flash get to his eyes if they were closed.

“But you’re eyes were closed” I commented, sharing my internal confusion with everyone else in the room.

He drooped his hands from his face looking around at us, and Bill giggling beside me.
He apparently didn’t find it funny as he stood up and disappeared down the hall Bill just had came back from.

“Oh don’t worry about that, he’s naturally bitchy in the mornings And quite a light sleeper. He should be over that in a few minutes. Wanna stay for a little while? We could….” he couldn’t seem to think of anything to suggest doing.

“That’s ok thanks, but we should be heading back.” I replied, in a hurry.

He frowned and I took this as our chance to leave.
I heard Fio say bye to both him and his brother, even if he was not in sight as we headed out door.

As we were making our way to the elevator, I noticed a sign indicating stairs as an option as well and took them instead. Fio followed me, not even complaining since she already knew the story behind my fear of elevators, and we descended in silence. In silence except for the sound of her heels clicking on the pavement stairs.

As we got to the lobby I pulled back on my hoodie knowing the weather outside wasn’t as pleasant as the one in the air conditioned building.
We were just about to go through the sliding front doors when I heard my name being called from behind us. I looked back to see Bill running towards us.

“We could go to the amusement park” he simply stated, apparently finally thinking of something we could do.

I glanced to Fio who stood beside me, who was now beaming after hearing Bill’s suggestion.
I, on the other hand wasn’t fond much of the idea. Not that I disliked amusement parks, it’s just that…. Ok so I honestly didn’t know why I had found myself always making up excuses these two days.

“Our treat. Pretty please?”

I looked up to his puppy eyes and pouting lips and knew he wouldn’t take a no for an answer, just like with the camera.

“Ah fine, I guess we could go to the park for a little while. But we’re paying our own stuff. You’ve…done enough.” I added the last part looking down at the camera still in my hands.

A huge smile spread over his face as he childishly clapped his hands launching himself towards me and embracing me in a hug.

Could this day get any more awkward?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yes it can Lucy….yes it can haha
You’ll see….just comment, cause I’m already working on the next chapter and it’s gonna be, interesting to say the least.

So COMMENT pretty please ^_^