Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Atlantica: Part One

Shortly after… well Riku invading my personal bubble, Maleficent sent me to Atlantica to make sure Ursula was set up. Now normally, I hate using portals, seeing as I can’t trust darkness and heartless. But it was the only way to escape Riku. So I quickly went off to my new mission, leaving him behind.

I was there a few days before Sora would arrive; he had to go to Traverse Town or whatever to stock up on supplies. Upon arrival, I was transformed into a mermaid. I ended up having a dark purple fin, which I’m quite proud of, with a black biking top. Thank goodness for the no meddling rule, because I would rather not have anyone see me in this ensemble.

I checked on Ursula, she claimed everything was fine and peachy and I could just head back to wherever I came from. She didn’t need any help; she tried to convince me she would be fine on her own. I didn’t want to leave yet, so I stuck around. Over the next few days I grew used to swimming in water.

Finally Sora and his posse arrived. Sora was now a merman, more like merboy. The duck was now a squid and the talking dog was a turtle. I’ve always loved turtles. I was hiding in the shadows, wandering around when they showed up, making it painfully obvious they had no clue how to swim.

Lucky for him, help came. Some mermaid with red hair, I am jealous her hair is that bright and still looks good. It was Ariel, the princess of these waters. Why Maleficent didn’t need this princess for her plan, I didn’t want to find out. I made sure I was well hidden by the time I heard them talking.

“Come on, Sebastian!” exclaimed the mermaid to the talking crab.

“Ariel, wait! Slow down! Don’t leave me behind!” the crab, named Sebastian gasped as he came face to face with Donald the squid. The crab and the fish with the blue stripes began swimming, hiding behind Ariel. If these creatures are supposed to protect her, they aren’t doing a good job.

“Relax, Sebastian. They don’t look like one of them. Right, Flounder?” Ariel asked, looking behind her to the fish named Flounder.

“I don’t know. There’s something weird about them.“ Flounder replied, still hiding.

Sora, weakly laughing, replied, “What do you mean?”

Ariel began to swim around Sora, and then continued swimming around all of them, almost like she was observing them. “They do seem… a little different. Where are you from?”

“Uh… we’re from kind of far away. And we’re not really used to these waters.” Sora hesitated, and then weakly laughed again. Flounder and Goofy began to eye each other, Sebastian and Donald were glaring.

“Oh, I see… in that case…” she stopped and looked over at Sebastian; “Sebastian can show you how we swim around here.” the crab looked at her and was not happy.

“Ariel, King Triton will not like this!” he muttered, but showed Sora and them how to properly swim.

“Oh, don’t worry. “ Ariel assured him, but I had enough. I quickly swam away back to Ursula, just to inform her of Sora’s arrival.

I managed to set up her cauldron to show us what was going on in the world. She summoned heartless as I watched to see what would happen next.

“Good job. Now let’s move on to self- defense.” Sebastian suggested, but Ariel stopped him and they all swam away, Ariel hiding in the cave I was previously in and the other two went into a clam. Sora, Donald, and Goofy were left to fend on their own.

While they were fighting I took the time to think about whatever came to mind. Problem was, it was Riku. He was all that came to my mind. Why? He’s just some guy. Nothing major.

Maybe cause you like him…

Whoa who said that?

Me. I’m in your mind. Your… conscience. Look it doesn’t matter.

I have a conscience? Since when?

Since forever, but Maleficent shut me out.

Wait what?

You’ve been hypnotized. This entire time. You think she’s your mistress or whatever you call it, but she isn’t. She’s only using you. And yes, Riku knows this too. Why else would you have not had any visions lately?

I thought about that. Has it been really been weeks since my last vision. The last one I saw was from someone’s past, my guess is Sora and Riku’s past. I’m changing. This isn’t me. I looked around myself. I was furious. I was being used. But the worst part of it, what was I supposed to do?

Act like nothing is wrong. Just keep doing what you want. We’ll figure out a way out of this mess.

But no matter what my conscience or whatever said, it still hurt. Maleficent was using me. What bugged me worse was that Riku didn’t do anything to stop her. Good thing I was in the sea, nobody would see if I was crying.