Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Halloweentown

I woke up a few hours later, though it felt like minutes, with my legs still aching terribly. I moaned because of the pain.

“Shut up.” Someone else was in my room. I opened my eyes to see Riku sitting in the chair next to my bed. “Did ya miss me?” he smirked. Dammit.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

“Definitely not.” I said, closing my eyes again. Maybe if I keep my eyes closed and wish really hard he’ll go away. I reopened by eyes, hoping that maybe just maybe he wouldn’t still be there. Of course I had to be wrong.

He was still sitting on the other side of my room, smirking. “Look I’ve had rough few days between a rotten octopus and I’m sore from all that swimming underwater, so if you could just get the hell out of my room that would be amazing.” I flipped over laying down facing my back toward him, hoping he’d get the message but he didn’t.

I closed my eyes again, feeling insanely tired, but that all changed when he got closer and I saw him standing over me. “Do you really think that just closing your eyes would make me disappear?” he asked.

“No, but I’m pretty sure your girlfriend back in Neverland would care if she was even awake.” I snapped at him.

“Ok first of all, Kairi is not my girlfriend; second of all, you’re jealous aren’t you?”

“Me? Jealous? Of some puppet girl that some arrogant teenager that needs an attitude adjustment has a crush on? Doubt it.”

He turned me over to face him. “What is your problem?!?!?!?”

“My problem? What’s my problem? My problem is you! You think that just because you’re a guy and a little bit older than me that you can just do whatever you want! Well guess what? You can’t! Just because you lived on some island doesn’t mean you can do what you want! You don’t barge into my room, ever. In fact, never go in my room! Ever! Even if I was dying some bloody death from a heartless, you never go in my room! And you don’t just go around kissing people randomly! So get out of my room, better yet. Get out of my life! I never ever wanna see you again!” I yelled at him.

He ran out of my room and I took this as a time get up and close my door, locking it, just in case. I laid back down and got some more well needed sleep.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I woke up again, this time to absolute silence. I checked the time and saw it was the next day, not that outside showed any indication of it. That’s the bad thing about Hallow Bastion. It always looked the same outside. I went to the dining room, which I haven’t visited in ages to get me a quick bowl of cereal. There was a note left by Maleficent. Oh goody, another assignment. At least I don’t have to worry about having to hang out with Riku. He must already be at Neverland with his girlfriend. Wait why do I care again?

I read the note. My assignment today was check on Sora. Apparently the hag got word from the sack of bugs, Oogie Boogie that he was in Halloweentown. I finished my meal and headed straight there.

I left the portal, noticing a new appearance in my outfit. I now was wearing a black and dark purple corset with a matching tutu like skirt. I wore black flats, much to my relief. I’ve never worn heels before and I had no desire ever to. My hair was pulled back into two high pigtails in a punkish way, black hair with purple streaks. Personally I loved the outfit, and I wish I could wear outside this world.

Sora and his friends, I think that’s safe to say although I’ve known for someone to befriend a duck and a walking dog but aw well, walked into some square, where I was. I quickly hid behind house and peeked out. Sora was now a vampire. I never did like vampires. From what I’ve heard they were just annoying and creepy. The duck was disguised as a mummy. comment there. Goofy looked kind of like Frankenstein, though I only know who he is from the Moogles back in Traverse Town. They continued walking on; just ignoring the heartless after trying to fight them but noticing that resulted in nothing. Why aren’t the heartless fighting them? Does the hag know about this?

“And now, allow me to introduce the master of terror, the king of nightmares—Jack Skellington!” some short, cone-shaped that displayed the two faces(happy and sad) and somewhere on this suit it said mayor, so I’m thinking it’s safe to name this guy mayor.

Jack, I presume, appeared from behind a wall. I looked over to notice he’s an extremely thin, tall skeleton. He wore a black suit with white pinstripes with black shoes and a bow around his neck. This place is just getting weirder and weirder.

“Bravo, Jack! Bravo! Those ghosts will be a big hit at this year’s Halloween!” said the mayor, applauding Jack.

“Thank you, thank you! But their movement still needs work. It’s not scary enough. I want to strike bone-chilling terror. I’m going to consult the doctor.” Jack replied before leaving to find some doctor.

“Then I’ll go attend to the decorations.” The mayor said, running off to who knows what. I carefully followed Sora as they followed Jack to some research lab where some creepy guy was sitting in a wheelchair. They stood in a corner, while I was looking in from the window. It was too crowded and there was no way I could hide in there.

“I don’t understand. Maybe the guidance system was damaged in the explosion.” Jack said, thinking.

“Nonsense. My devices are always perfect!” replied the doctor while my ears began to feel pain. I really don’t like this voice. It’s super annoying.

“Oh, I’ve got it! Why of course! The Heartless need a heart! Doctor, do you think we can add a heart to that device?”

“Certainly. A heart’s not all that complicated. Let’s get to work.” the doctor replied, wheeling himself over to some shelf.

Jack walked over to the large book on the desk. “To make a heart, first take a container with a lock...” he said, looking over a heart that was wrapped with a keyhole locking it. “We need the key to this thing first!”

“You’re really gonna unlock it for them?” the duck, who’s name I finally learned was Donald, asked Sora.

“Why not? If they succeed, we won’t have to fight the Heartless, right? Besides, I want to see the Heartless dance, too. Don’t you?” Sora replied. Heartless? Dancing? Either I’m losing my mind or this place is just crazy.

“Not really.” Donald muttered.

Sora tried to use his Keyblade by shooting a beam at the Keyhole, but it didn’t work because no beam came out. “My! That was amazing! Uh, and you are...” Jack said, suddenly fascinated with Sora.

“Sora.” Sora told him.

“Well done, Sora! I’d like you to be part of this year’s Halloween.”

“What’s this Heartless doing here?”

“Oh, the Heartless came to town just recently. What’s frustrating is I can’t get them to dance with me. So the doctor and I are trying to improve the guidance system. He’s quite a genius!” he told Sora before turning his attention back to Dr. Finkelstein, don’t ask me how I figured that out cause honestly I don’t know anymore. “Okay, Doctor, let’s continue. The ingredients for a heart: Pulse. Emotion. Terror. Fear. Hope and despair. Mix them all together, and we have a heart!”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Dr. Finkelstein moved his electric wheelchair to the lever on one side of the lab and pushed it down, activating it. A few moments passed, and nothing happened.
The project failed. “It failed!” Jack cried out.

“Maybe we’re missing some ingredients. Let’s try adding memory.” Dr. Finkelstein replied, opening the top of his head and touching his brain. “Sally! Sally! Good-for-nothing girl! Don’t know why I bothered creating her!” he closed his head back up, “Sally’s got the memory we need. See if you can track her down.”

“No problem. Sora, would you like to come along?” asked Jack. Sora replied sure and they headed out.

The mayor popped back up, clearly in panic. “Jack! Jack! We have a major crisis! The Heartless are completely out of control! We can’t stop them!”

“Hmm... Maybe our experiment triggered something. Everything will be fine, Mayor. You have nothing to worry about.” Jack assured him and they headed off to find Sally. I didn’t feel like following so I walked off to rest and clear my head, already annoyed with this world. I was getting a splitting headache just by staying here. Don’t get me wrong I love the clothes but my patience was low because of the foul mood I was in.

A little while later I decided to finally get up and go hunt down Oogie Boogie. I found a group of kids talking at the Graveyard where Sora and his group had just left. They popped up out of some coffin, announcing their names at the same time.

“Did you hear that?” Barrel said to his two friends.

“Yeah, I sure did! A heart! What should we do?” Lock asked.

“Gosh, you really are stupid! Isn’t it obvious?” the female named Shock said.

“Tell Oogie Boogie.” Barrel said.

“Wait, you know where Oogie is?” I asked, appearing from behind them. They turned around and looked at me, deciding if they should trust me. “I work with some h-I mean Maleficent. She told to me to assist him.”

Shock replied, “Yeah we know where he is. I’ll show since these idiots I’m stuck with are too lazy too.”

“We are not lazy! Or stupid…” the two boys replied at the same time. I chuckled to myself as they led me to where Oogie was hiding.

We arrived at his lair a few minutes later and they quickly explained what Jack was up to. I stayed leaning against one of the walls, looking at the surroundings he had. I had to give it to him. He sure knew how to decorate. Oogie interrupted my thoughts, “A heart? That bonehead Jack is really making a heart? I’ll be jiggered! That works for me! Ohh, when I get my hands on that... Well, I’ve got no hands, but I’m still gonna nab that heart and control the Heartless.” He said, laughing at the same time. The three kids were all hiding in a corner, shaking with fear.

He sent them off to find the heart they were talking about, something about using it to control the heartless. “What am I supposed to do?” I asked him once they left, a headache still dull in my head.

He shrugged his shoulders and looked at me, “just stand there and if I need you, I’ll let you know.” He walked off to devise more of his scheme.

The three brats, I decided though they were on my side, they were annoying. Shortly after Sora arrived with Jack, Donald, and Goofy getting ready to fight the three brats. I remained hiding in the shadows, watching closely.

Shock began to lie once they were defeated, “We were just following orders! Oogie Boogie told us to steal the heart. It’s all Barrel’s fault! It was his idea to tell Oogie Boogie about the heart.”

“Yeah, that’s right!” Lock agreed.

“B-But you guys said—“Barrel stammered.

“You should be ashamed!” Shock scolded him. Sora pushed down a lever, revealing where Oogie was hiding. They entered and began to fight Oogie. I carefully followed, anxious to see how all this ended. I stayed on a platform, on the other side of Oogie, hiding in the shadows as the fight began.

“Oogie Boogie, give me back the heart!” Jack yelled.

“You want it? Well, then come on over and get it!” Oogie rang out, swallowing the heart. “Now, let’s see if I can get their attention. Oh, Heartless!” Two Heartless appeared both taking spots on each side of him. “This is it? Nobody disrespects me! Nobody!” I chuckled in my head as they attacked Oogie, defeating him.

Oogie Boogie became flat as the stuff inside him, they looked awfully like bugs, began crawling out. “So, that heart was a failure after all.” Jack commented. They all left and walked outside. I summoned a portal and moved somewhere else out of sight.

All of the sudden, Oogie’s Manor grew, resembling Oogie himself, ready to fight. “Whoa! How did he get so big?” Sora muttered.

“Look! It’s brimming with the power of darkness! Oogie Boogie is drawing power from those dark globs!” Jack commented, again. Jack is very smart and observant.

“So we just have to destroy those things, right?” Jack nodded his head and they all began to fight. Sora sealed another Keyhole once it was all over. I summoned another portal and headed back to Hallow Bastion.