Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Hallow Bastion: Part Four

We finally entered a new room, after going up and down various platforms. Even I hadn’t been in this part of the castle. I mainly stayed in my room or went to where Maleficent gave me her dirty work to do.

I looked around, noticing all the colors placed everywhere. In the hall that led up to where the other platform was, I noticed all the princesses of heart were lined up. All six of them. Each was held in some sort of chamber, asleep or unconscious. They must have had their hearts stolen. But how come the door is still closed?

Sora ran up to the main platform and found Kairi. Donald and I quickly followed him, but Goofy was unable to make it through, hitting his head on the floor in the process.

“Kairi! Kairi! Kairi! Open your eyes!” Sora exclaimed as he headed closer to her and held her in his arms, but she remained limp. I don’t think she was even breathing, but I knew she wasn’t dead. I had my suspicions for awhile, Kairi’s heart was somewhere else, but the question was where?

“It’s no use. That girl has lost her heart. She cannot wake up.” Riku said, in an altered voice. I bet it had something to do with that hooded man earlier.

“What? You... You’re not Riku.” Why must Sora state the obvious? No Hikari focus. Something’s up with Riku’s body and we gotta find out what.

“The Keyhole cannot be completed so as long as the last princess of heart still sleeps.” Riku continued, ignoring Sora’s comment.

“The princess...? Kairi’s a princess?” Sora asked as Riku floated down, once again ignoring me. It didn’t hurt as much this time. I knew Riku’s body was possessed by someone else.

“Yes, and without her power, the Keyhole will remain incomplete. It is time she awakened.” I know that voice, the one that combined with Riku’s voice….But where have I heard it before?

“Whoever you are, let Riku go! Give him back his heart!”

“But first, you must give the princess back her heart.” Riku said, as Sora bent down on his knees, clutching the space where his heart was. I leaned over to help support Sora, glaring at the mysterious possessor in front of us. “Don’t you see yet? The princess’s heart is responding. It has been there all along. Kairi’s heart rests within you!”

“Kairi... Kairi’s inside me?”

“I know all that there is to know.”

“Tell me. Who are you?”

“It is I, Ansem, the seeker of darkness.” Ansem…he’s the one that destroyed my home! He’s gotta pay.

Turns out for once Donald and I had the same idea, unfortunately that backfired. We charged ourselves to Riku/Ansem, but he shoved us outside the barrier. The next thing I saw was darkness.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

*
Sora, too distracted by the fact that his heart is hurting doesn’t even notice that Hikari has gone missing. She just disappeared without a trace. Donald and Goofy neglected to notice too, seeing as they both somehow managed to get unconscious after being shoved forcefully out of the barrier by Ansem.

“So, I shall release you now, Princess. Complete the Keyhole with your power. Open the door, lead me into everlasting darkness!” Ansem said, using Riku’s body to his own evil will. He used the Soul Eater Keyblade to thrust it at Sora’s heart, planning to release both Sora’s and Kairi’s heart for his own bidding, but something stopped him.

Sora had stood up and crashed his Keyblade into Ansem’s. “Forget it! There’s no way you’re taking Kairi’s heart!” Sora said angrily, and they began fighting. Sometime during the fight Goofy and Donald woke up, clutching their heads. Moaning in agony, they finally look around, at first not noticing the fight going on the platform but something else. “A’huck. Where’d Hikari go? She was just here a minute ago.” Goofy hiccupped.

“Ah, who cares about Hikari! What about Sora?” Donald said, still not caring if Hikari was alive or not. Donald, even after all this time, still didn’t trust her. It wouldn’t be for many more months that he would trust Hikari. The two companions looked up on the platform and saw Sora defeat Riku’s body. Ansem’s blade disappeared, and he ran away into temporary hiding.

“Riku!” Sora yelled, still not believing his friend was really and truly gone. He still believed, somewhere deep down inside his friend was still in his own body. He just had to find it.

After Goof y and Donald finally got Sora’s attention, Sora faced the Keyhole, trying to close it shut. But nothing happened. “It won’t work! The Keyhole’s not finished yet!” Goofy yelled, finally able to rejoin Sora on the platform with Donald right behind him.

“What can we do?”

“Maybe we’ve gotta go wake Kairi up.”

“I think you’re right. If we can free her heart... But... But how?” Sora looked down at the blade Riku/Ansem had left behind. He picked it up after desummoning his own blade. ”A Keyblade that unlocks people’s hearts... I wonder.” Donald and Goofy, finally realizing what he was planning to do tried to stop him. But Sora’s mind was made up. In order for the Keyhole to be finished, Kairi needed her heart back. The only way she could get it back, was if he lost his own. He thrust the Keyblade into his heart. He began to glow, smiling, knowing he had done the right thing. He began to fall slowly, as all the other princesses including Kairi finally woke up.

Hikari woke up, head throbbing, in a dark room. She couldn’t see a thing. All she could do was feel with her senses. She closed her eyes, sitting up, feeling that she was on a bed of some sort under the covers. That was all she could find out before slipping back into sleep.

Hikari couldn't fully make out what she saw next. She saw Kairi get up, running to Sora's falling body. But before she could touch him, he disappeared. Finally she was able to hear again. “So, you have awakened at last, Princess. The Keyhole is now complete. You have served your purpose. But now it’s over.” The real Ansem finally appeared, Riku's body no where to be found. Ansem began to walk toward Kairi beginning to strike,but stopped. ”Impossible...” Ansem muttered.

A glowing golden image of Riku appeared, finally gaining some limited control of his body. ”No. You won’t use me for this!” Riku yelled, stopping Ansem for a limited amount of time. Turning to Kairi and the gang he added,”You’ve got to run! The Heartless are coming!”

Then everything was blurry. She saw them running and Kairi hug a heartless, turning it back into Sora. They quickly left for Traverse Town to stock up for supplies.

Then she saw Sora and Kairi alone in some underwater tavern. She could only guess they were still in Traverse Town. ”You know what’s funny? I looked everywhere for you, but you were with me all along. Finally, we’re together, Kairi. Now, it’s time to get Riku and Hikari back from wherever they are.” She could only guess Kairi was filled in about herself on the ride there, seeing as Kairi didn’t ask who she was.

You think it’ll ever be the same again between us? Riku’s lost his... And who knows where Hikari vanished.” Kairi said, worried for her friend and one of Sora's friends.

“When I turned into a Heartless, you saved me, remember? I was lost in the darkness. I couldn’t find my way. As I stumbled through the dark, I started forgetting things—my friends, who I was. The darkness almost swallowed me. But then I heard your voice—your voice. You brought me back.”

“I didn’t want to just forget about you, Sora. I couldn’t.”

“That’s it! Our hearts are connected. And the light from our hearts broke through the darkness. I saw that light. I think that’s what saved me. No matter how deep the darkness, a light shines within. I guess it’s more than just a fairy tale.”

”Well, let’s go.”

”You can’t go.”

”Why not?” Kairi asked, beginning to feel offended. He let Hikari journey with him all this time, but when Kairi wanted to help, he immediately turned her down.

”Because it’s way too dangerous.”

”Come on, Sora. We made it this far by sticking together. You can’t go alone. Besides if Hikari was able to help why can't I?”

”Kairi, even if we’re apart, we’re not alone anymore. Right?”

”I can’t help?”

”You’d kind of be in my way. Besides, Hikari is tougher than you. She can take care of herself.”

”Okay. You win.” Kairi reached into her pocket to pull out a star shaped charm she created herself back on the islands. Take this. It’s my lucky charm. Be sure to bring it back to me.”

”Don’t worry. I will.”

”Promise?”

”Promise.”

”Don’t ever forget. Wherever you go, I’m always with you.”

Next time Hikari woke up, there was some light shining through. She looked around, still not able to place where she was. She noticed there was something stuck in her arm. She glanced and saw there was a needle there. Immediately she fainted, not fond of sharp point objects stuck in her body.

She saw nothing, only heard various voices taken from different times.

Once the worlds are restored, they’ll be separate again.
Everyone will go back to where they came from.
We may never meet again, but we’ll never forget each other
No matter where we are, our hearts will bring us together again.

I can’t go home ‘til I find Riku and the king and make sure Hikari is safe.

This world has been connected. Tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn. You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom this island is a prison surrounded by water. And so this boy sought to escape from his prison. He sought a way to cross over into other worlds. And he opened his heart to darkness.

Riku!

Don’t bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it, grows, consumes it. Such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came. You see, darkness is the heart’s true essence.

That’s not true! The heart may be weak. And sometimes it may even give in. But I’ve learned that deep down, there’s a light that never goes out!

So, you have come this far and still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!

Behold the endless abyss! Within lies the heart of all worlds, Kingdom Hearts! Look as hard as you are able. You’ll not find even the smallest glimmer of light. From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours. Darkness conquers all worlds!

Giving up already? Come on, Sora. I thought you were stronger than that.

It is futile. The Keyblade alone cannot seal the door to darkness. Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness... Supreme darkness...

You’re wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hikari finally woke up. Able to fully sit up, she noticed the needle in her arm was gone. She looked around and saw a bowl of soup atop a tray next to her on the side table. “It's not poisoned if that’s what you’re concerned about.” She turned head to face the door, noticing a figure standing there.

“...Who are you?” she asked, puzzled.

“My name...is Diz. Welcome to Twilight Town.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

*Hikari is unconscious and unable to comment. Everything mentioned from here on out is in third person point of view.. You shall find out what really happened to Hikari in the next installment called…..I Can Feel You Pull Me Down based on Riku and a little bit of Sora’s adventure in Castle Oblivion.