Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Bonus Chapter!

I woke up to find myself wet. I opened my eyes and found myself lying in a fountain. Well that explains why I’m soaked… but how did I get here? Where’s my family? Where’s my home?

I climbed out, trying to squeeze most of the water out of my clothes and hair, so it would be easier to move and no one would notice are small and tiny my body was for a ten year old. But before I could do much, I was surrounded by these unknown black creatures. They didn’t look friendly, so I ran as fast as I could. Unfortunately it wasn’t that far, and more and more just showed up. Eventually after not even a few minutes, I was trapped by those mysterious creatures of all shapes and colors. One got close enough and scratched my shirt; I saw blood seeping out of my body. I fell down, knocking my head down hard in the process. Just as I was about to be attacked for the second time, I saw a man heading toward me. He had spiky blonde hair, but that was all I could make out before I fainted in exhaustion.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I woke up a few hours later to a massive migraine. I found myself lying on a soft, warm bed. A wet rag was placed on my forehead. It felt nice, so I didn’t bother taking it off. Unfortunately, my eyes were tired, but somehow I managed to will them open.

I noticed I was in a room decorated blue all over, but not over the top blue. It was calming to me, even though I had absolutely no idea where I was. I tried to sit up, but someone gently pushed me down. “Don’t get up too fast, you really bumped your head back there,” the guy who gently pushed me down said. “My name is Cloud.”

I remained quiet. I couldn’t find my voice plus I didn’t really feel like talking. My head still hurt from earlier, but I forgot why. “What’s your name?” Cloud asked me and I quickly told him it was Hikari. “What’s the last thing you remember?”

I thought long and hard, but I couldn’t come up with anything. It was like my mind was completely blank. “Anything? Do you remember where you came from? Family? Friends? Anything at all?”

I shook my head no. Nothing came to my mind. “The last thing I remember was waking up just now, but before that, I don’t know…” I knew I was ten and my name, but other than that, anything besides that seemed to be stuck in oblivion. What happened to me?

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Now five years have gone by, I still can’t remember anything about where I came from or who I was before meeting Cloud in Traverse Town. For those who can’t do the math or to lazy to, I’m fifteen now. Not much has changed. Cloud is hardly around anymore, busy trying to fight his darkness off before it hurts others more.

Luckily before Cloud left, he trained me so I could fend for myself better. Being the shy girl I am, I had trouble talking to others and making friends. Fortunately, it seemed Cloud and I had a lot in common. Sure he’s the only friend I have today, but that’s alright. I don’t know much about making or keeping friends anyway. I’m used to being alone.

But lately, something strange has been happening to me. I’ve been having these strange dreams, but they seem so real I can’t tell if it’s real or not until I wake up.

The first time I had these strange visions was when I was hiding in the alleyway practicing my fighting. Even though Cloud wasn’t around, it was important I practiced my training exercises daily. I was only thirteen or so years old, so naturally I was freaked out. All I heard though was random conversations like “Go to dinner Sora” or “Stop lying around and do your homework.” Whoever this Sora was definitely wasn’t on top of things. A couple months later I actually saw my visions, but then the dialogue stopped.

Now it’s been a few weeks since then, and I now I can hear and see everything. And thanks to Cloud every now and then I could roam outside the first district and fight a few heartless butt. If anything was going to happen to me, I really don’t want to be some silly damsel in distress just waiting for my “prince” to come save me. I knew fairy tales weren’t real.

I never bothered to find out what happened before I met Cloud. It wasn’t really important to me. Sure I still wondered, but who would really know anyway? As far as I was concerned no one knew who my parents were or anything. All I could find out was I lived in another world and it got destroyed and I ended up the only survivor who got sent to Traverse Town.

I sat on the roof, just minding my own business. I looked up at the stars, sighing to myself. Cloud was off doing his usual thing, so I naturally had no one talk to. I felt myself drifting off to sleep, luckily I mastered the “falling on the roof balance” years ago so I wasn’t too worried.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

“Whoa!” said the brown spiky headed boy I had been seeing so much lately in my dreams. I found him lying in the sand, looking a little sleepy. A red headed girl was standing over him giggling like crazy. “Gimme a break, Kairi.” He finished as he sat up, slowly.

“Sora, you lazy bum. I knew that I’d find you snoozing down here.” Kairi said, still smiling.
She looks smitten with him.

“No! This huge black THING swallowed me up! I couldn’t breathe, I couldn’t—Ow!” Sora stopped talking, instantly holding his head.

“Are you still dreaming?” Kairi asked, looking concerned for a minute, then went back to her happy self.

“It wasn’t a dream! Or was it? I don’t know. What was that place? So bizarre...” Sora mumbled.

“Yeah, sure.” She replied, not believing him.
I wonder what this so called dream he had was about.

“Say, Kairi, what was your hometown like? You know, where you grew up.”

“I’ve told you before, I don’t remember.” Guess me and this Kairi girl have something in common.

“Nothing at all?”

“ Nothing.”

“You ever want to go back?”

“Well, I’m happy here.”

“Really...”

“But you know... I wouldn’t mind going to see it.”

“I’d like to see it too. Along with any other worlds out there! I want to see ‘em all!”

“So what’re we waiting for?”

“Hey, aren’t you guys forgetting about me?” another boy asked. That’s when I first saw Riku. He wasn’t really all that bad. He had nice silver hair that hung down to his shoulders with those gazing aquamarine blue eyes. “So, I guess I’m the only one working on the raft.” Riku tossed the log over to Sora who tried to catch it, but failed since it landed on Sora’s arm. “And you’re just as lazy as he is!”

“So you noticed. Okay, we’ll finish it together. I’ll race you!” Kairi exclaimed.

“Huh?” Sora said puzzled as he stood up.

“What, are you kidding?” Riku asked, knowing he would win the race anyway.

“Ready? Go!” Kairi yelled before running off. Sora and Riku at first trailed behind her but quickly caught up.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Later the sun was out. It looked so beautiful.
I wonder what it would be like to actually be there to see it live. I hope one day I can do that. The three from earlier were sitting on the tree on a little island. Well Sora and Kairi were. Riku was leaning against the tree, standing up with his arms crossed in front of him.

“So, Kairi’s home is out there somewhere, right?” Sora asked.

“Could be. We’ll never know by staying here.” Riku said, deep in thought.

“But how far could a raft take us?”

“Who knows? If we have to, we’ll think of something else.”

“So, suppose you get to another world. What would you do there?” Kairi asked Riku and Sora.

“Well, I haven’t really thought about it. It’s just... I’ve always wondered why we’re here on this island. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... Then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?” Riku replied, clearly showing he had actually thought about it a lot more than he realized.

“I don’t know.” Sora mumbled, once again feeling inferior to Riku.

“That’s why we need to go out there and find out. Just sitting here won’t change a thing. It’s the same old stuff. So let’s go.”

“You’ve been thinking a lot lately, haven’t you?” Kairi asked Riku.

“Thanks to you. If you hadn’t come here, I probably would’ve never thought of any of this. Kairi, thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” She said, smiling politely as they continued to gaze on to the sunset.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

I woke up, noticing no change to my scenery. That was the one drawback to living in Traverse Town. You could never tell what time it was by looking the sky. It was always night time here. My stomach growled so I carefully climbed off and headed off to get some food, wondering if those guys ever made it off the island and if everything turned out alright for them. I looked up at the sky again and noticed a star was missing. I wonder which world is gone now…. guess I’ll find out later.