Status: Complete :)

Call My Name and Save Me From the Dark

Seeing Sora

I woke up today and knew something would happen, I didn’t know what, but I could just sense something. Then I had a vision. I saw a young boy about two years younger than me, lying unconscious in an alley in the first district. He had light brown spiky hair and even though his eyes were closed, I already knew his eyes were blue from my previous visions. He was one of the boys I’ve been seeing a lot in my visions lately. I wondered where the other two were, the boy with silver hair and striking blue eyes, and that girl with short red hair and purplish eyes. I believe there names were Riku and Kairi. The unconscious boy must be Sora.

I put on my necklace I always had with me. The ring didn’t fit me anymore. It was a special ring my mom gave me before she died with my dad, the same day my world vanished. I’ve learned a lot since then, how to fend for myself is one of the many things I’ve done. I can fight, thanks to Cloud and all his wonderful help. I hide it under all my baggy attire, and no one sees it, not even Cloud.

I headed out of where I managed to sleep for the night in the First District. Sleeping anywhere else and you’d be attacked by Heartless. Don’t ask me why but it’s true. The first thing I saw was a duck and two dogs, I think. One was walking the other dog was walking like a dog. I decided to stay hidden on the roof in the shadows by the alleyway so I could carefully observe these strange creatures.

The walking dog pointed to the sky and said, “Look a stars goin’ out,” as the duck also glanced up. I looked up to and sure enough another star disappeared, which means another world is gone. It must be Sora’s world. I don’t know why I assumed that, it just feels like it is.

“Come on let’s hurry,” said the duck and the two walked away in my direction. I held my breath and made sure I was completely camouflaged.

“Where’s that key”

“Hey, ya know maybe we ought to find Leon”

“Uh Donald, ya know, I betcha that…”

“Aw, what do you know, you big palooka?”

“What do I know?”

“Hmm… come on Pluto.” said the walking dog as he glanced back to try to get Pluto to follow, but of course he didn’t. He kept sniffing. I quietly followed him from the roof, hardly making any noise.

Pluto kept sniffing and found a boy, the same brown spiky haired boy from my dreams. Pluto barked at the boy hiding unconscious sitting up in the alleyway behind a bunch of barrels. Boy isn’t he lucky he ended up in here. I wound up in the Second District surrounded by heartless when I got here.

Pluto licked his face, and the boy named Sora finally woke up. He first looked around his current surroundings, which isn’t much to look at in an alley and then glanced at the dog.

“What a dream…” he said before Pluto pounced on him. “This isn’t a dream!” Sora stood up and gained balance.

“Where am I?” I stayed hidden. I was shy and never really talked to anyone anymore. “Oh boy do you know where we are?” Suddenly Pluto ran off leaving Sora to believe he was all alone. “Hey…” he said and ran off heading to the second district. I shook my head. He doesn’t know where he’s going at all. He’s going to end up hurt if he doesn’t watch it.

A while later I was still on the roof, Sora had returned. He looked a little sweaty, but not terribly. He must have met the heartless. I wonder if he knew they existed before arriving here. Wait of course he did! That’s how all the worlds end, heartless attacks. I noticed his weapon in his hands. I’ve never seen it before but I’ve heard descriptions. It’s the Keyblade. Rumors say that the Keybearer will be the one to save us all. I don’t know if it’s true though.

“They’ll come at you out of nowhere,” said Leon suddenly. When did he get on the scene? I thought Sora was alone.

“Who are you?” asked Sora.

“And they’ll keep on coming at you, as long as you continue to wield the Keyblade. But why? Why would it choose a kid like you?”

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nevermind. Now, let’s see that Keyblade.”

“What? There’s no way you’re getting this!”

“All right, then have it your way.” And the fight began. Sora and Leon began to fight. Sora was getting warmer, much warmer. He ended up sweating more.

Finally Sora, almost out of breath, said “Now… you’re…gonna… you’re gonna…” and fainted before he could finish his sentence.

I saw Yuffie coming up while Sora was fainting. “Aw, you’re slipping, Leon” she said.

“I went easy on him. Looks like things are worse than we thought. A lot worse.” He replied while picking up Sora and they both headed towards the second district. I took this opportunity to get the roof and head to go help the Moogle’s out above the Accessory Shop.