Status: One- Shot

Mafia Wars

Mafia Wars

Bam! Bam! Bam! Bam!.

My cousin and I shot straight up. What the hell was that?

“Punieta!”(fuck) my cousin cursed in Spanish. He reached over and grabbed his gun he looked over at me.

“Get the fuck up and stop acting like your new to this.”

“Open up!” the swat team yelled.

I ripped the covers off of me and resisted the urge to flip my cousin off. I immediately I got on my knees and pulled out the bottom drawer and pulled out my gun I loaded it. My cousin rushed to put the sneakers he had by his bed. No one knows what its like to live the mob life when the swat team breaks into your house at ungodly hours its like a hail storm from hell consumed your house. Cascade of feet stomping on your roof is all your hear. But like my cousin said I wasn’t new to this my father and uncle are in the Spanish mob and I knew who they were looking for. My father was currently residing on the other side of Manhattan, NY, the richer side while we had to lay low in a ratty project building of Harlem. The FBI was looking for my uncle, unlike my father had gotten caught and escaped now they were tracking him we were suppose to go to the hotel my father owned tomorrow but somehow the FBI was one step ahead of us and decided to raid our home at 4 o’clock in the morning.

When you live this life style and you have jewelry you honestly cherish keep it on at all times never take it off not even to shower you never know when you have to run out. That’s why my diamond studs stay on my ears everyday of my life. You have to keep a pair of shoes by your bed and your gun nearby at all times. Don’t get attach to objects because everything gets left behind.

I couldn’t do that this but I had to this is why I find myself in the predicament.

“Hurry the fuck up cono.!”(fuck) my cousin yelled at me it was only so many seconds before they busted through the door. I put on my black uggs my college application stared me right in the face after I removed my gun. I pulled a book bag from underneath my beg its old ratty thing with a bear on it and stuffed the papers my cell phone and charger in it and ran out after my cousin.

My uncle pulled the vent out the way and my mom with her gun in hand in a pink ratty bathrobe and house slippers slide down the secret passageway. Next my brother, Andrew Miguel, followed in Nike slippers, dark blue basketball shorts , a little blue tee-shirt with the logo of a local church and his gun held tight slid down the vent next. After him my other brother the oldest one, Simon Miguel, in black long pj pants, a black tee shirt, and black sneakers with his gun in hand he slid down. After both of them my cousin Charles Anthony in a white tank top, black basketball shorts, white sneakers and his gun slid down. I ran out the room after him and my uncle yelled.

“What the hell took you so long!”

The swat team were coming in.

I jumped in not bothering to be careful. I had on black shorts, a red tank top, black uggs, my book bag strapped to my back and my gun. I continue to slide down until light flooded my vision. Not even a squeak escaped my lips when I fell out the ending of the vent and into a basket of white blankets. I kept my gun on my chest and my finger off the trigger. Another rule of the mob life even when falling from heights learn to never let go of your gun, and never keep your finger on the trigger if you don’t want to blow half your face off during the fall also if you fall get up immediately there’s no room for groans and hesitation.

This is the mob life and it offers no time for leisure in it especially when the swat team is raiding your home.

My uncle came down next and fell into the big laundry hamper he then shot straight up and hoped out. In his multiple colored strip long pj pants, a light blue tee-shirt, and white sneakers with his big gun. He closed the vent and stalked to the right and slid his hand on the wall which was a secret passageway we all entered and my uncle covered our tracks.

Blindly we walked down the hallway when you cant see you have to count on all other four senses. With our hand on the person in front of us back we walked down the hallway. My mother in the lead, then my brother, then my older brother, my cousin, me, and my uncle.

This tunnel connected to the strip club down the street. Mom knocked three time and waited a few seconds and then another three more time.

Cher, the owner of the strip club down the street took off one specific book off the shelf and it slid to the side and she took the locket from around her neck and opened the door. After darkness for a long time light hurt our eyes.

Mom walked in and then we all followed.

“They found us. The fucking cops found us, Cher.” My mom hissed.

“We need to get you guys to Miguel fast.” she said talking about my father.

“Call him but don’t say a word those malditos might tap into every phone on the fucking street.” My uncle huffed. (Damn). Cher closed the door then locked it she then closed the bookcase over the door and put that book back her office looked normal again. She picked up the white office phone next to the black office phone. The black one she used for the club, the white one for the mob. She plugged the white phone in and dialed the hotel number.

“Miguel.” she simply said and the receptionist immediately transferred her call to the big guy in the pent suite.

“Send a car they are here.”

“Its on its way.” Cher hung up.

“Esta en camio.” (It’s on its way).

“Stay here she warned.” and left.

“Don’t ever take shit with you again.” My uncle huffed at me and I scoffed. My hair was the biggest mess ever I smoothed it out with the palm of my hand and my hair went back to being straight instead of the bed head I had going on.

Fifteen minutes later Cher entered.

“Car is out front you guys know what to do. I’m starting the show now Bethany will be on stage and the lights will go out and then you guys come out.” Bethany is the best stripper in the club when she came on all eyes were on her. They cut the lights and focus the spot light on her that’s when the mob business took over in Cher’s club during Bethany’s performances because of the darkness no one could see and no one cared because Bethany was on staged making the men drool.

Cher left the room and a few seconds later we heard her announce Bethany the lights switched off and the clapping began. The music started and three minutes later we knew everyone’s attention was on Bethany it was time to come out.

Mom hid her gun in her pink robe and she walked out of Cher’s office. The bartender to the left opened the left side of the bar before hand and mom opened it and walked in behind the bar the bartender to the right opened the right side and mom walked out. The bartenders didn’t need to know why they were doing what they were doing they just had to follow orders and that was that.

They opened the door when someone was coming and they closed it when they were gone without looking at the face of the person they always kept their heads down and focused on the drinks they were making. Mom waked behind the club as the males hooted and hollered for Bethany and she poled danced and stripped to She Wolf by Shakira. Then she pushed the nearest emergency exist and walked down the alley. Next to follow was Andrew he stuffed his gun in his basketball shorts and did the same thing. Then Simon, then Charles, and then me. I walked out and stared at Bethany’s performance from the corner of my eye because I had to keep going as fast as possible. She really was the best at pole dancing no one could beat her to it. I pushed the door and stepped outside to the chilly night. It was almost close to September which meant fall time and New York’s temperature at night around this time is not the best to be walking out in pj shorts and a tank top.

Another rule sometimes what you had on your back isn’t the best for the temperature you’d face outside in the streets but there is no room to complain you have to keep going, it’s mind over matter as simple as that. My uncle followed behind and all of us huddled close at the end of the alley.

“Vamons” (Lets go). My mother said to us and backed up and hoped on the garbage can and climbed up the side railings until she reached the fire escape of the building from there she ran straight up the fire escapes until she reached the top and she hoped up to the roof. We all followed along another rule, you had to be agile in this life. Running, hopping, climbing and much more are all an important part of this game- the purpose of this game not to get caught by the cops.

We ran across the projects roof and followed the same procedure to get down on the other side.

In front of the project building the Vasquez were hiding out at the FBI walked out with less than happy faces.

“Fuck! We lost them again! And they were there! We had proof!” Yelled a detective.

“ I don’t understand how they are always a step ahead of us its like that fucking family has a pact with the devil!” Huffed the second detective.

“Detectives my name is Arden Crawford what can you tell me about the bust? How does it feel to fail yet again on capturing Luis Anthony Vasquez?” He asked pushing his recorder in the detectives face.

“No comment.” The first detective said simply.

“Look what your with New York Times? People? I don’t know what its called these days.” The second detective asked.

“I’m doing an article for The Read it’s a local campus newspaper for Baruch College.” Arden sad and the detective laughed.

“College boy? Oh no. Listen kid, its way to dangerous to be out here isn’t it past your bed time or something? Go home or go party I don’t keep up with you children do now in days.” The second detective mocked.
“Hey Jared we have a college boy on our hands!” Mocked the second detective.

“Oh yeah Paul?” Jared said and he laughed as well.

“What’s with these college journalist trying to make a name for themselves by stalking us.” Paul said as they both walked away mocking Arden.

Arden glared.

“Assholes.” he mumbled.

Arden walked back to his car and he try to suppress the fear he felt he was surrounded by cops no one would mug him with them right there right? He hated to admit it but he wasn’t from these parts he lived in the lower East side but currently resided in a fancy hotel on the West side because he was staying with a friend. He got in his car and drove off. Those detectives ticked him off he would make a name for himself. He’d be the best and youngest journalist in all of New York. If they were so smart how come they could never track down the Vasquez or find substantial proof to imprison Miguel Vasquez, who the world knew was a mobster.

Arden drove off trying to get the hell away from Harlem unharmed. Arden stopped at a red light and looked over the files he had next to him while he drives.

A picture and some information and news paper clippings of each of member of the mobster family.

Miguel Vasquez
42
Male
5’9”
192 pounds
Puerto Rican
Husband and Father
Leader of the Spanish Mob

Luis Anthony Vasquez
41
Male
5’8”
149 pounds
Puerto Rican
Father, Brother, and Uncle
The Planner

Arianne Vasquez
39
Female
5’5”
144 pounds
Puerto Rican
Wife and Mother
Eyes and Ears.

Simon Miguel Vasquez
23
Male
6’1”
155 pounds
Puerto Rican
Eldest son, Eldest Child, and Brother
The Hacker

Andrew Miguel Vasquez
21
Male
6’0”
160 pounds
Puerto Rican
Youngest Son, Middle Child, and Brother
The Muscles

Jelena Arianne Vasquez
19
Female
5’3”
135 pounds
Puerto Rican
Only Daughter, Youngest Child, and Sister
The Distraction

Charles Luis Anthony Vasquez
21
Male
5’7”
159 pounds
Puerto Rican
Only Son, and Cousin
The Driver and Weapons carrier

Several honks were heard from behind Arden’s vehicle his head snapped up and he realized the green light it was his turn to drive. He wondered what it felt like to be in the mob. Was it a rush? Was it exciting? He’d never know but he’d sure make a name for himself with this case. Getting on the highway and turning up the radio Arden drove himself home.

Once we hoped down to the other alley we ran into the limo in front of the alley it felt so good with the heat on. Shorts and tanks tops with uggs on a windy night in New York was a death wish. No one spoke about what just happened the drive was silent. The window next to me was slightly rolled down so I stared at how beautiful New York looked at night once on the highway I looked at the different cars passing by I wondered how many people out there had my family killed? What if the person in the car next to the limo I was in is indirectly linked to me because my family had one of their family members blood on their hands?

I continue to stare when a black SUV rolled up next to me a boy with sandy brown hair with some blonde in it drove. He looked around my age and he was defiantly cute he bobbed his head up and down to the song that was blasting on his car radio.

Rain On Me Pitbull ft. Marc Anthony I smiled I loved that song.

“Let it rain over me!” blasted and I began to bob my head and sing along. The boy notice and looked over to the limo and he smiled and I smiled back. Andrew leaned over and pressed the button so the tinted car windows can roll up.

“Stop flirting.” he growled at me. The boys eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Your not my boyfriend.” I said loud enough for the boy to hear.

“But I’m your brother.” he said and the window rolled up completely concealing our faces for good from that handsome stranger.

I sighted I would never have a normal life, never fall in love, and never become a journalist- all because I lived the mob life.

The car continued to drive down the highway and still no one spoke. I looked through the tinted window and noticed all the high buildings and flat screens displaying commercials and all the lights. It is more than obvious we are not in Harlem anymore but on the west side.

The car stopped in front of the hotel and we all got out and entered the hotel by the back I looked behind and notice another hotel directly in front of the one we are going to stay at. What was the point of that? Only in New York.

Arden parked his car and got out with his precious papers in a folder tucked under his right arm. He looked across the street, that hotel was defiantly fancier than the one he resided in now. He sighted and entered his hotel.

I sighted as we reached the pent house suite and my father greeted me with a kiss on the head. He showed us all to our rooms which were connected. His room and my mothers was the only room not connected. Then on the other side my uncles room he walked in further and slid a door and another room appeared it belonged to my cousin, further in he did the same exact thing and that would be Simons room, then the one connected to that one Andrews, and finally the last room and the biggest my room.

“What is that hija?” (Daughter) my father asked pointing to my book bag as I took it off and placed in on my queen sized bed.

“A book bag daddy.” I said lamely.

“Ask her how she almost got us caught and imprisoned because of that thing.” My uncle growled.

“I told you everything stays-” I cut him off.

“I had the damn book bag packed by my boots already! And I took long because your damn son closed the door after him.” I said. Chachei did close the door but that’s not the reason why I was late I lied.

“Everyone leaves everything behind except a pair of shoes and a gun. You also keep all doors open closing doors only kills more precious time you need to escape!” my father yelled at all of us.

“Vamons hermano.” (Lets go brother) my father said to my uncle.

“We have business to attend.” with one last glare from each other my uncle left my room.

“Mi hija he is your uncle-” ( my daughter).

“I hate him.” I simply stated and turned around.

“We will talk when I get back from the meeting.” my father said and patted my shoulder and left I locked the door after him.

I took a shower and changed to another set of pj’s a purple silk gown that ended around mid thigh and I placed a purple robe on top. I sat down and filled out my college application once I was done I put my application away. Tomorrow I’d figure out a way how to escape and hand in my application to Baruch college. I fell asleep waiting for my father to come. I am 19 years old and to this day I still feel disappointed when he doesn’t carry out his promises then again I shouldn’t he was hardly ever there growing up why did it still bothered me?

At two o’clock in the morning Arden was fast asleep in his bed in white boxers and no shirt. He shoots up like a rocket and his eyes search frantically in the dark. He turns his lamp on and rips the covers off his legs. Arden jumps out of bed and tears up his room in search fro his file.

The family that contains every member of the mobster family he finds it and beings to flip through the thought the pages carelessly something very unlike him. He stops he finds what he is looking for a picture of Jelena Arianne Vasquez. The daughter and the distraction.

It was her! The girl in the limo. The one who was singing along with him when Rain Over Me came on. He thought some more. The guy the one who told her he was her brother and rolled up the window. Arden searched for the two pictures of the brothers. The one who rolled the window up he did not get a good look at his face but he was a brunette so it had to be Andrew, the muscle because Simon, the hacker is blonde.

Why didn’t he remember this before! He had been so close. Side by side with the Vasquez and he like the cops had let them slip through his fingers. Arden slammed the papers down angry with himself and crawled back to bed to angry to go to sleep.

I was up and ready by 8 o’clock in the morning I nervously pulled down my button up blouse took a deep breathe and walked into the building that would make my dreams come true.

Arden lazily stolled into Baruch college campus he was in a less than a happy mood for he like that rest of NYPD’s dummies let the Vasquez family let them go by him. Arden was so enthralled with his thoughts that he did not notice the pretty sandy copper head girl coming his way. She had her head down now staring at her new schedule with a grin from east to west that she did not notice the sandy blonde colored hair boy coming down the same path.

The two bumped into each other the collision was enough to pull Arden out of his thoughts and capture Jelena’s attention.

“I’m sorry-” Jelena began but Arden cut her off.

“No its my fault.” he said incredulously not believing his luck.

He had study the Vasquez for quite some time he had memoriesed how each and everyone of them look; therefore, he could bet his life the pretty girl in front of him was the one and only Jelena Arianne Vasquez, the only daughter of Miguel Vasquez, his “princess”.

“I didn’t look where I was going.” she said. At least she is humble. He thought.

“I was too busy in my thoughts.” he said smiling.

“How about we share the blame.” he said offering her his hand. Jelena stared at it hesitating for a second or two before shaking it and agreeing t share the blame. Arden knew she had to be suspicious of everyone after all she is a Vasquez.

“Deal.” she said.

“Well I have to go….it was nice uhhh sharing the blame with you?” she said awkwardly smiling and continuing out her way. Arden couldn’t let his only lead to making the biggest report of his life, the one that would shoot him off to star hood.

“Wait… can I at least know your name?” he asked.

“Why?” she asked suspiciously.

“Well why..” he said sarcastically. She narrowed her eyes at him but she couldn’t stop the smile that was slowly erupting in her face.

“I just want to know the name of such a beautiful girl.” he said. Maybe hitting on her was the wrong way to go about this he thought, but at this moment he was so drunk with ambition all he saw was his name in every newspaper he ignored the little part of his conscious yelling at him. Instead he suppressed it and tried to soothe his conscious by telling himself he would have asked her out anyways she may be the daughter of the cities most dangerous mobster but that did not take away from her beauty.

“Its… Bethany.” She said after frantically searching her schedule. He nodded his head slowly. She lied to him then again it didn’t surprise him she was in the mafia as pretty as she may be she had to always think about her safety and protection overall.

“Well Bethany would you mind going for some coffee?” he asked her.

My heart began to race how could I tell such a good looking guy no? But I had to. For his safety if they catch us together someone else might hurt him to hurt me and get back at my family. This is the price she paid for being her fathers’ daughter.

“I’m sorry. I cant.” I lied.

“Aw c’mon just one coffee I have to repay you for bumping into you.” he said and I smiled.

“I thought we both agreed to share the blame?” she asked.

“We both know nothing is ever fair now the girl is always right; therefore, it was my mistake and I must pay for it.” he said smiling.

I stared at him and smiled back he really was good looking and smelled so good. I could just say yes go on one little coffee date and just cover my tracks after all its only one date. I just stared college my first step to a new life away from the mob I needed to take step two finally go on a date.

“Sure.” I sighted.

“Great.” he cheered.

I found out the handsome strangers name is Arden Crawford and he and I both entered Baruch college in hopes of becoming a journalist some day. He and I found out we had a lot more in common than we thought.

After the coffee date with Arden I had to come back to reality… the reality where happiness didn’t exist. My dad informed us all that we were to return to Cher’s strip club tonight he had a cargo of guns coming in tonight and the deal was going down tonight at the club, but of course my father had to have more so he was taking what they were giving him and more. Only that the other side didn’t know about the “more” just yet that’s why we were here.

“You guys all know what to do. I expect no errors there’s no room to clean them up. If someone messes up….. Its going to be a blood bath in there.” with that he led us into the club.

I’ve been in this since I was 15 I am now 19 and I still cannot help the little shiver that goes down my spine every time my father mentions the possibility of me having to take someone’s life away or…. Watch them take mine.

Cher had closed down the club the only ones allowed were the bar attenders, the strippers, the other side and his men, my father and our men. Although he may be a ruthless man sometimes my father was not cruel enough to put innocent peoples life in danger that’s why he had Cher close down her club.

The deal was closed. I had to infrom Chachei to be ready to drive off. I pulled my black jacket closer to my body New York’s temperature is extremly bi polar.

“Hey Charles!” I said calling my cousin by his name which I hardly used everyone in my family calls him by his nickname that no one outside the family knows.

“ Get inside asshole we’ve been waiting for you to get the fucking luggage for about 20 minutes!” I hissed at Chachei when I found him smoking a cigarette in the car.

“Oh shove it.” he said bumping my shoulder harshly.

“Hijo puta!” ( Son of a Bitch) I yelled at him.

Arden took more and more pictures from a distance. He’d be a big time reporter someday. I looked around and spotted a sandy blonde hair boy in the distance taking pics he quickly ducked behind the building. She recognized that head it belonged to Arden the cute boy she met today why did she think he really asked her out for her? Of course he’s after her family everyone is! She continued to look around normally and pretended she didn’t see him.

Arden took a quick peek and realized she had not seen him he took a deep breathe that was close.

I spotted Arden sight and continue to “hide” behind the wall.

‘Amateur’ she thought.

I’d never taken anyone out before sure I’ve shot a few people but on the leg or their hand to get them to drop the gun. I wont pretend I’m a mafia princess truth of the matter is I’m not I’m barely involved in this but when I am I make sure never to have blood on my hands but if I have to take Arden out for my family then so be it. Sure they aren’t your average good guys but they were still my family and no punk college boy was taking that away from me. I squeezed the gun in my pocket tighter time to show this gringo (white boy) what the Vasquez are all about.

I pretended to walk forward and lean on the building looking at the opposite direction. From the corner of my eye I saw him duck behind the building this was my chance. I slipped into the alleyway faster than a cheater I ran down towards the end I climbed the fire escape in record time I was faster than I lead on but I couldn’t tell my family that I was trying to get out the mafia and having these types of skills would do quite the opposite. I ran across the roof and looked down at him he just pecked over the edge of the building and realized I was gone he began to look all over he was freaking out. I smirked this boy was in way over his head. I waited a few minutes for him to calm down and think I left and he was far from danger before I slowly and quietly climbed down the fire escape. I quietly approached him like death and took out my gun. He sighted once more and looked down to change the lens in his camera then stopped.

What made him stop?

The click of my gun and its cool tip pushed up against his left temple.

“Now what would you say if I told you had five seconds to live?” I said coldly.

He took a deep shaky breath and tried to speak but all that came out were squeaks. I’d bet one hundred bucks he pissed his pants.

“Jelena.” he said shakily.

“Aww and I thought you believed me when I said my name was Bethany.” I said sadly.

Arden knew if he got caught by any members of the Vasquez clan the only one who would truly have mercy on him is Jelena but the way her harsh voice sounded he doubt it very much. He mentally cursed himself for erasing all the pictures she was in. After the coffee date today Arden realized he’d like to see Jelena again as crazy and twisted as that was knowing what he knows he destroyed any evidence he had against the Vasquez that involved her now he wished he hadn’t.

“If you just let me explain-” she cut him off.

“Explain what? How you tried to trick me today with that lame excuse of taking me out on a coffee date? Or how you tried to somehow get pictures of us in action hiding behind a building?” she said harshly pressing the gun deeper into his temple. Arden never thought being in this situation would be as painful and scary as it was movies truly did romanticizes a mafia drug bust.

“Who do you work for?” she said lowly.

“No one I’m trying to make a name for myself by publishing every dirty secret of the Vasquez family. I tracked everything about you guys down. I was here a few days ago when the FBI almost caught your uncle. I talked to the police they made fun of me. I swore I’d get their respect so I today when I took you out for coffee and I said I had to use the bathroom I called and sent them a picture and said I was with you. They said they had inside information that you guys would be here tonight.”

“What inside information?” I asked.

“Someone in your clan is betraying you.” he sank like a canary.

“Who?” I asked.
“They didn’t give me any names but I heard them taking to someone on the phone. He said to call him Chachei but I don’t know anyone in your family with that nick name. Your Jelena, your mom is Arianne, your dad Miguel, your uncle Luis Anthony, your older brother Andrew Miguel, your oldest brother Simon Miguel, and your cousin Charles Luis Anthony.” My blood ran cold.

“Chachei?” I asked in disbelief.

“You know him?”

“That’s my cousin Charles Luis nickname that no one outside the family knows.” I said through gritted teeth.

“I heard them talking.” Arden said.

“Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you.”

“Because if you kill me I know I’ll be the first person you’ve ever killed. Because it’d make you exactly everything you hate about your family. Because I know you want to start a career and you cant with a criminal background. And most importantly because the more time you waste here trying to kill me the cops get closer and closer to taking your whole family to jail. Your cousin called them a while ago.

That’s why that hijo de puta took so long to go in! I gritted my teeth Arden was right.

“I can help you. I have an idea what they will do and I can help you get your family out safe.” Arden said quickly.

How could I trust him? He lied to me once he’ll do it twice. He’s a sell out he’d go with anybody that can give him the most.

“Its either trust me or screw your family over.” I hated how right he was. I hated depending on other people but right now I had no other choice.

“I suggest you don’t betray me because if you do. I’ll kill you if I don’t kill you the police will kill you I hope you know that. It’s the only reason why they called you a college kids life isn’t worth anything compare to an NYPD officer they‘d usually send.” Arden swallowed hard.

“Oh you didn’t know that?” I said simply.

“Tough break kid. If you stick with me you’ll live.” I said slapping his upper arm and walking away. Arden gulped yet again.

I slipped into the club with Arden everyone ignored him since he was with me I was able to get into Cher’s office.

“Who the hell is this?” Simon said. I was closer to Simon than Andrew.

“Simon Chachei is betraying us.” Simon refused to believe it he even called Andrew in to hear me out.

“I knew that hijo de su puta madre was a trader.” ( Son of a slutface bitch)

“I’m not going to doubt my cousin for a dumbass gringo.” (white boy).

Arden showed them the proof they needed pictures of Chachei speaking to the two agents who are on our case Paul and Jared he even let them hear the recording.

Simon pinched the brink of his nose and sighted.

“Fuck I cant believe this shit!” Simon cursed.

“Lets get that mother fuc-” Andrew didn’t finish his sentence a gun shot was heard followed by my mothers scream. Cher busted in her office and closed the door she panted out of breath.

“Your cousin. Your cousin shot your mother in the arm.” Simon and Andrew ran out I asked Cher to stay with Arden and to shoot anyone who wasn’t us.

I ran after my brothers I hid behind the bar Chachei and my uncle shot at us along with the other people my father was trading with. My fucking cousin and uncle were betraying us. My mom was in a corner cradling her injured arm it was only a few minutes before the cops arrived.

“You betrayed me! Your own brother! For money!” my father yelled while shooting at my uncle.

“She was suppose to be my wife and you took her from me!” he yelled out of the blue.

“I never loved you! I loved Miguel! I’m sorry your ever thought of something else Luis.” My mother cried.

My uncle he was inlove with my mother?

“Bitch.” My uncle yelled.

“Chachei I treated you like a son why did you do this to me!”
“Because I deserved to be on top not fucking Simon!” he yelled enrage.

“You think I want this? I could have done so fucking much but I didn’t because I was stuck in this shit!” Simon yelled back.

“Because you’re a fool you and your father had it so damn easy power always came to you guys but you two never could understand nor appreciate power. That’s why you don’t deserve it.” My uncle yelled.

Chachei had undone an explosive before anyone could register and flung it Simon, my big brother ran forward he got the worse of it. Simon’s body flew backwards and hit the wall making a crack on it.

“Son of a bitch!” Andrew said and ran forward my uncle shot him in the knee and he fell to the floor. Chachei and my uncle took the money and ran out the back way my father was too busy picking my brother Andrew up and my mother still cradling her arm ran towards my brother Simon which I hoped to everything he was still alive. I ran forward and chased after those two.

“Jelena!!” My father and Andrew yelled.

“”Mi hija!” my mother screamed bloody murder. I busted out the back door and ran down the alleyway a few steps behind them I pulled out my gun and for the first time ever I gunned down a man. Five shots and my uncle hit the floor after struggling to stay up. The first man I had taken down and he was my uncle.

“Papa!” (Dad!) Chachei yelled and dropped to his knees he turned to face me behind tear stain eyes I saw hate.

“I never wanted to take you down. I swore I’d shoot everyone but you that was my father you just shot you bitch.” Chachei picked up his gun at the speed of light and shot at me.

A strong arm knocked me out of the way. I hit the ground and groaned I rolled over to see Arden on top of me. He had actually risked his life to save mine?

“Couldn’t let my favorite mafia princess die.” he chuckled.

A shot was heard from a distance and Chachei screamed and dropped his gun. Cher stood shaking from the doorway holding a pistol she had shot Charles before he could shoot me. Chachei reached for his gun but I got on my feet and raced over to him. I placed my gun by his right temple and he froze.

“I could end your life right now. I should end your life right now after what you did. But I already have my uncle’s blood on my hands and I refused to have yours. “ He stood up slowly and faced me.
“You are my cousin. I loved you! I always came to you or Simon when I had a problem how could you do this?” I asked hurt letting tears fall down my eyes. He swallowed hard.

“Take the money and go. I never want to see you in my life again I killed your father and you killed my oldest brother we are never going to be able to fix that. Leave Charles and never show your face to me again or I will kill you bastard. Next time I will kill you.” I said harshly. A few tears escaped his eyes but he turned his face quickly picked up both suitcases of money, made a cross over his fathers body and with one last hurtful look my way raced down the alleyway. Sirens were heard down the block. The police.

NYPD did have a way of always coming too late to help.

“I called your fathers private jet they are waiting for you on his hotel roof.” Cher said fishing keys from her pocket and chucking them at Arden. Arden caught them and looked at her.

“Take them downtown to 34th street make sure they get on the jet then take my car and leave boy. You were never meant to be a part of this and I’ll make sure to keep it that way.” Cher said.

“I’ll play the victim role and plead the 5th.” Cher said smiling a crocked smile at me.

“Now go!” she hollered and at that moment my mom who had a piece of cloth tied in a not over her wound came out helping my brother Andrew walk who hobbled and also had a piece of cloth tied over his wound on his knee. Next my father came out with my brother Simon who was dazed and bleeding from his ear. Simon was alive! I took Arden’s hand and with one last thank you to Cher we were on our way.

***************************************************************************************

Everyone was boarded on the jet and it would take us to Puerto Rico to lay low for a while.

“So I guess this is as far as we go.” Arden said to me.

“I guess so. Thank you for helping us out. We are not exactly the good guys but-”

“But not excatly the bad guys either.” he said smiling. Smart Boy.

“Well I guess this is good bye.” I said turning around.

“Wait Jelena….. Here’s the evidence I had against your family.” I took the thick folder in my hands.

“Thank you.” I smiled at him.

“And here’s my number. Call me whenever you come back and this time I really want to take you on a real coffee date.” he said smirking.

“Why?” I asked in disbelief did he not just see what happened? Why would he want to get involve with me? that’s the only life I could give him.

“I’m curious about you.” he said.

“Ever heard that curiosity killed the cat?” I said smartly.

“Ever heard how cats have nine lives?” he said smartly back. I smirked at him and turned around playing with the card I turned back around after two steps took Arden’s face into my hands and kissed him passionately on the lips.

“Hello! We do have to leave asshole!” Andrew hollered out at us. I flipped him off and slowed the kiss down to a few pecks.

“I’ll defiantly call you.”

“I’ll defiantly answer.” he said.

I ran up the jet’s steps and they closed the door after me. I sat down in my seat and gave one last wave to Arden I watched him hop into the car Cher gave him and drive off. I leaned back and smiled.

“Oh brother!” Andrew groaned at me while a nurse worked on his injury. Everyone was receiving medical aid.

“Shut the fuck up.” I yelled and everyone besides their injuries and the situation laughed at us.

I sighted and smiled despite of myself and shook my head at the irony of life. Arden and I met over a news paper article he was so set on becoming a reporter who would have though he would have ended up becoming accomplice to the mafia.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like MirrorRain :-) Thank you soo much for being so awesome. :-) Sorry for it being so long I got carried away :-)