Status: This is a real life one-shot, so this means there are NO other chapters!!!

a whole new feeling

a whole new feeling inside

Every story you hear about people falling in love consists of the butterfly feeling. The feeling that a thousand butterflies are fluttering in your stomach. My story started that way as well. My first love, Sean, made me feel so weird. Those butterflies corrupted me, so happy at feeling that way that I didn’t see the bad things about him. Despite the fact that everyone tried to warn me about him, I still tried to work it out. It didn’t though, he was just playing with my feelings. In the end I knew it just wasn’t meant to be and stopped caring. The only thing that was left from that experience was a broken heart and more walls around my heart. Back then I never thought I’d fall in love again, but of course I did, just like anyone else.

Nigel was his name, he didn’t live that close to me, but he seemed so sweet. The first thing people should notice is that I said seemed. In my face he was always nice and caring, but all those things I heard about him, they hurt me. I mean, how can you have three girlfriends and don’t care about the consequences? I don’t know, but even though it didn’t seem like he was playing with my feelings, he still hurt me. How could he expect me to believe him any longer after hearing those rumors. He still tried so hard to gain my trust, but I couldn’t give it to him. I can’t trust a cheater, but we still remain friends.

Derek came next. By now I thought I had closed my heart off quite well, but it was hard with the way he acted. Always putting his arms around me, holding me close and warm. Everything pointed towards the fact that he liked me. I guess that’s why it hurt all the more when I heard from a friend that he didn’t like me. In fact, he said I was looking too much into it. It was just his thing, being all touchy and so. I guess that my heart just wanted to believe for once that someone liked me. This third time made me want to stay single for life, but of course things never go as planned.

The one that made that plan fail was Sam. Just a few months younger than me, but more adult-like than any boy I had liked before. I already knew him for some time, but hadn’t seen him for a long time. He’s the little brother of a friend of mine, her being twenty. I only really noticed him at the party we had one weekend. I spent most of the night in his lap, our hands clasped together. For once I didn’t feel those wrecked butterflies, but I had a whole new feeling inside me. For the first time in my life, I really felt safe, but only in his arms. One of my friends, whom he thinks of as a sister, told me he liked me. Of course she didn’t tell me literally, but as close as it could get. We’ve been flirting for a while, he hasn’t asked me yet. I don’t know if something will happen, but this is the first time I really feel like I can let go of the past and focus on the future. I wonder if he’ll ask me someday, but I can wait. In fact, I think it’s good to wait a while. I like the relationship we have at the moment, but I do hope we work out. We’ll see, and until then, I’ll just wait…